Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: HKDL Expansion concept art!!!

Once again, we have been punk'd by the folks of hkdl. Even though I am looking forward to the trackless 'HM' ride, the rest are just expansions made for the sake of expanding. Please don't waste the remaining plots of land, expand wisely.
    信じてコンパス・オブ・ユア・ハート

• Minion

Why is everyone so negative already? A trackless Haunted Mansion and a Big Thunder / Everest hybrid are at least worth looking forward to.

On the Blue Sky blog Honor had mentioned that there would be no Pirates at HKDL for now...Shanghai will get it first. And that one may well be the Splash / Pirate hybrid we have all gossiped about.
    Down with the Hat

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Why is everyone so negative already? A trackless Haunted Mansion and a Big Thunder / Everest hybrid are at least worth looking forward to.

On the Blue Sky blog Honor had mentioned that there would be no Pirates at HKDL for now...Shanghai will get it first. And that one may well be the Splash / Pirate hybrid we have all gossiped about.
    It is simply not enough. The Toystory thing is a waste of precious space.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    It is simply not enough. The Toystory thing is a waste of precious space.
    It's a step in the right direction. And about what I would expect for $ 500 million. Though I think everyone agrees, Toy Story is a waste of land. Despite the criticism...I bet in a few years...we will see trip reports telling us that these additions are sooo much better than anything at the MK
    Down with the Hat

It's a step in the right direction. And about what I would expect for $ 500 million. Though I think everyone agrees, Toy Story is a waste of land. Despite the criticism...I bet in a few years...we will see trip reports telling us that these additions are sooo much better than anything at the MK
    I like this plan than other disneyland in fact。 For me, toon town and splash mountain are too old things for nowaday!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Oh well, atleast we should be really grateful we ARE getting something from these folks

• De la Terre à la Luke

I'm not sure why the majority of people are reacting so badly to this concept art? With the way the global economy is at the moment, I am surprised that HKDL is getting an expansion at all!

I think a lot of effort will be put into making these 3 lands really well themed, immersive environments. Mystic Manor has the potential to be an amazing attraction, and one completely unique to HKDL.

Grizzly Trail is basically a smaller version of Frontierland, mixed in with Grizzly River Run and Expedition Everest, which I really think would add a lot of character to the park. Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster combines elements of some of the most popular rides at Disney parks!

And whilst Toy Storyland won't be to everyone's taste, and the attractions won't be as impressive as those in Grizzly Trail or Mystic Point, I think the land will be a big hit with kids, just as Toontown is in Disneyland, TDL and MK.

• Pilot EdForceOne

people bitch about pixar characters being in lands they don't belong.. and now they give them their own land and people bitch about that too.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Those lucky Adventurers.
    Last edited by MousDad; 06-30-2009 at 04:26 AM.
    There's far too much to take in here,
    More to find than can ever be found.
    (T. Rice)

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    people bitch about pixar characters being in lands they don't belong.. and now they give them their own land and people bitch about that too.
    SHDL will be more PIXAR themed from rumor。In fact I don't know TOY STORY PLAYLAND is bad or not , but HKDL needs more indoor ride than outdoor !

So very true. And Flynnibus, you make a good point. Disney is self-containing the Pixar attractions and creating original concepts for classic attractions, yet people still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Im fine with a Pixar Character land. I just don't want it to be a cheap thrown together themed land in order to make a buck. From the artwork it looks like it is.... that doesn't belong in a Disneyland Park

Toy story land looks interesting i think its the placement that is a bit odd.

if people are walking from adventureland the first land they come across is Toyland then walk into Mystic point which also fits the adventure theme.

I wish they had space to put Toy story land somewhere closer to IASW as a sub land of fantasyland similiar to how toontown works.

Landscaping is going to play a big part in how well it works
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-30-2009 at 08:48 AM.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Toy Story Land is disgusting. I hope it is the first to get the axe from the inevitable budget cuts.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Galactic Member

Toy Story looks tacky and a strange transition from Mystic Point to a Toy Storyland. What were they thinking? Oh well, just glad it's not in Anaheim.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast