Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The Grizley themed Frontierland and "Mystic" Haunted Mansion are fine, but the Toy Story Land is pathetic and does not belong in a Magic Kingdom park.
    That's why they are bilding a replica of TSL to Paris WDS. Not because it doesn't belong to Magic Kingdom park (which WDS isn't) but because it is pathetic. Welcome to the WDS family! [/sarcasm]

    ..and hey, TSL is sort of connected to Fantasyland in that Concept Art.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

  2. #17

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,137

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The Grizley themed Frontierland and "Mystic" Haunted Mansion are fine, but the Toy Story Land is pathetic and does not belong in a Magic Kingdom park (at least not in this particular area). Perhaps it would work near Fantasyland and Small World. But it just seems so CHEAP for a Disneyland park!!! I sure do hope the Imagineers find a way to kill the Toy Storyland before construction begins.
    Agreed.

    I will never understand WDI's trend to theme entire lands on one movie. Stupid, stupid move.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  3. #18

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I will never understand WDI's trend to theme entire lands on one movie.
    Hey, it's three movies soon!
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

  4. #19

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,754
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Does anyone else think that the Grizzly coaster looks like Everest at Animal Kingdom with a different mountain wrapped around it? I really like the way that section of the park looks. Clever way to sort of build a Western/Frontierland type area and make it work for the Chinese. Clever.

    Too bad that the Toy Story area is so hideous. You'd think that this would be an embarrassment to the Pixar folks.

    The sad thing is that all the good stuff is going to be overshadowed by all the criticism of the obvious cheapness and flaw of the Toy Story area.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  5. #20

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,137

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Grizzly coaster looks like Everest at Animal Kingdom with a different mountain wrapped around it? I really like the way that section of the park looks. Clever way to sort of build a Western/Frontierland type area and make it work for the Chinese. Clever.

    Too bad that the Toy Story area is so hideous. You'd think that this would be an embarrassment to the Pixar folks.

    The sad thing is that all the good stuff is going to be overshadowed by all the criticism of the obvious cheapness and flaw of the Toy Story area.
    I'm still trying to figure out how they plan to make Mystic Point seamlessly blend into Toy Story Land.

    I mean, basically, this expansion is the Frontierland of Hong Kong Disneyland -- it wraps around the Rivers of Adventure. Grizzly Trail makes sense, and I can see that blending into a mysterious Mystic Point, like Frontierland blends into New Orleans Square. It can work.

    But the Critter Country of this plan, Toy Story Land, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

    I can't imagine this isn't an embarrassment for the Pixar folks. It's basically Flik's Fun Faire with toys in an area of the park that makes absolutely no sense.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    677

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    wow, looks like a few great ideas have been conjured up for this park, to bad I'll probably never visit it!

    the Grizzly Trail land looks great, pretty much what they should have done to Grizzly Peak at DCA originally though (hopefully that doesn't open a can of DCA worms).

    the Mystic Manor also looks like a great new twist on an old classic

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Grizzly coaster looks like Everest at Animal Kingdom with a different mountain wrapped around it? I really like the way that section of the park looks. Clever way to sort of build a Western/Frontierland type area and make it work for the Chinese. Clever.
    Since it does go backwards at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar track layout as well. Sounds like a cross between BTM and EE.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how they plan to make Mystic Point seamlessly blend into Toy Story Land.

    I mean, basically, this expansion is the Frontierland of Hong Kong Disneyland -- it wraps around the Rivers of Adventure. Grizzly Trail makes sense, and I can see that blending into a mysterious Mystic Point, like Frontierland blends into New Orleans Square. It can work.
    Biggest problem I have with it as well. Hard to see how the transition will work, because I really don't see how it can at all. In all honesty, even if it a hard fit into DCA's theme, Flik's Fun Faire is so much better than this. At least the theme is a little more subtle than this seems to be.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  8. #23

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how they plan to make Mystic Point seamlessly blend into Toy Story Land.
    As I wrote it on other board, what if purpose for Mystic Point is to connect Adventureland and Fantasyland together. You'll walk towards TSL and forest and everything seems to grow until you are at Andy's backyard.. just look at the size of the grass in TSL Concept Art. "Mystic Point is the site of mysterious forces and supernatural events".
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

  9. #24

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,137

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    As I wrote it on other board, what if purpose for Mystic Point is to connect Adventureland and Fantasyland together. You'll walk towards TSL and forest and everything seems to grow until you are at Andy's backyard.. just look at the size of the grass in TSL Concept Art. "Mystic Point is the site of mysterious forces and supernatural events".
    Mysterious forces and supernatural events ≠ Children's toys in a backyard.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  10. #25

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,137

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Streaming video of the Hong Kong Disneyland expansion press conference is available here:

    http://webcast.info.gov.hk/chi/home.htm

    Windows Media Video: http://webcast2.info.gov.hk/pc2009/300609e.wvx
    Real Player: http://bit.ly/Emel0

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  11. #26

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,330

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    These additions are supposed to help Hong Kong Disneyland? They seem like they're Chinese knockoffs of Disneyland.

  12. #27

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork




    click photos to enlarge


    This is it, the Hong Kong Disneyland expansion plan has been unveiled, with three "lands." ...
    This layout sucks. I wish they had been willing to elevate the train (like in Critter Country), or build the mountain on top of the tracks, beside the river, or expand the tracks around the new development.

    It seems like "Oh we have these three other lands over here".

    They don't even work together. Bears, Ghosts and Toys on the tropical shores of the Jungle Cruise Rivers. ????? WTF

  13. #28

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,137

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    This layout sucks. I wish they had been willing to elevate the train (like in Critter Country), or build the mountain on top of the tracks, beside the river, or expand the tracks around the new development.

    It seems like "Oh we have these three other lands over here".

    They don't even work together. Bears, Ghosts and Toys on the tropical shores of the Jungle Cruise Rivers. ????? WTF
    Hear, hear. The only thing that could work is a the re-imagining of the Haunted Mansion. But God, contemporary childrens' toys?

    Ugh.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  14. #29

    • Happy Haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    107

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    Mystic Point sounds like my kind of place! And I agree, the Manor looks like it might be one of the coolest facades when it is finished. I wonder what it will be like? It does sound like a cross between Tokyo Tower of Terror and and the Haunted Mansion. I kinda hope that Grim Grinning Ghosts will be apart of it, but I'm thinking it won't be?

    I actually think Toy Story Land sounds kinda cool myself.

  15. #30

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Hong Kong Disneyland new lands announced officially with Artwork

    I'm surprised they didn't announce Toy Story Mania for Toy Story Land. Would actually justify the land. No idea how they'll smooth the transition between Mystic Manor and Fantasyland for that one though...

    A Haunted Mansion reimagining combined with the Adventurer's Club and the aesthetic of the Tokyo Tower of Terror sounds really good to me. I hope the Hitchhiking Ghosts are integrated into Mystic Manor somehow.

    Grizzly Gulch sounds like a nice way to reimagine Frontierland. Also, from the looks of it, we'll probably be getting Pirates in that expansion plot next door at some point.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hong Kong Disneyland to get 3 new lands!!!
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
  2. [News] Hong Kong Disneyland phase two agreement to be announced on June 30th !
    By loaloa55 in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Hong Kong Mega Bridge Helps HKDL by linking up Hong Kong with Macau and Zhuhai
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 03:05 AM
  4. Hong Kong Disneyland Awards Scholarships to 12 Hong Kong Students
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 10:21 AM
  5. Best Lovable Sights(2005) in Hong Kong announced, Singtao News(HK), Jan 27, 2006
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 01:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •