Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

3rd hotel & Shopping District coming soon

According to local news...

HKDL will be further expanded. Either a new hotel (3rd Hotel) will be landed on the vacant lot between the existing hotels or there will be expansion for either 2 of the hotels. A retail district probably downtown disney will also be built and completed in around 2015 (to cater for the increase of travellers due to the completion of HK-Zhuhai-Macau Mega Bridge in the same year).

There will be around 1,000 rooms for the new hotel.

Source : RTHK news

• Watch Your Language

Re: 3rd hotel & Shopping District coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    According to local news...

HKDL will be further expanded. Either a new hotel (3rd Hotel) will be landed on the vacant lot between the existing hotels or there will be expansion for either 2 of the hotels. A retail district probably downtown disney will also be built and completed in around 2015 (to cater for the increase of travellers due to the completion of HK-Zhuhai-Macau Mega Bridge in the same year).

There will be around 1,000 rooms for the new hotel.

Source : RTHK news
    All these proposed further expansion will be depended upon tomorrow's special meeting at LegCo. If LegCo gives the green light, we'll see Shopping District and 3rd Hotel at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort!!

• Not here to help

Build some rides and a second gate... A new hotel and a few stores wont make me like the place any more than I do.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Build some rides and a second gate... A new hotel and a few stores wont make me like the place any more than I do.
    I believe the 2nd Gate will come after the Shopping District.

• Watch Your Language

I believe the 2nd Gate will come after the Shopping District.

or some surprises for us?? that 2nd gate is coming with the shopping district...??

Yay! I love hotels. More hotels + Park Expansion + DTD = more like a resort

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Yay! I love hotels. More hotels + Park Expansion + DTD = more like a resort
    Why do you love hotels??...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

That's awesome news, I wonder where the DTD will be located? Looks like there's plenty of space near the entrance.

I wonder though, where is this coming from? After LegCo stalled the expansion deal. Is this something Disney is doing on its own and therefore doesn't need LegCo approval?

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
    That's awesome news, I wonder where the DTD will be located? Looks like there's plenty of space near the entrance.

I wonder though, where is this coming from? After LegCo stalled the expansion deal. Is this something Disney is doing on its own and therefore doesn't need LegCo approval?
    If they got approval from LegCo today (that is 10th July 2009), we'll see 3 "Lands" in 5 years.

New hotels and Shopping District would be funded internally by the joint venture or Bank Loans, and that would not need to go through LegCo.

Hope we hear some good news from HKDL.

If they got approval from LegCo today (that is 10th July 2009), we'll see 3 "Lands" in 5 years.

New hotels and Shopping District would be funded internally by the joint venture or Bank Loans, and that would not need to go through LegCo.

Hope we hear some good news from HKDL.
    I understand, I'll be curious to hear what happens in that meeting.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's hoping the meeting goes well! It seems everyone is in agreement on here that expansion is needed, hopefully everyone involved will see how important it is as well!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

The LegCo is not keen to pass the bill because the democrats think the government should get out of this deal altogether. The govt replied: who would buy? (you might want to add "this crap" to the end.)

The DAB members (who support the hk govt to get preferred treatment from Beijing) of LegCo have a party later today, just before the vote. The govt is worried the DAB members will be so merry they won't be back to vote for it, allowing the democrats to win.

There is no plan to develop the 2nd phased land atm. The land department is leasing the land to interested parties for a period of five years. Probably for things like Drive in movies, open-air concerts or even golf courses maybe.

The hotel and shopping district are not part of the expansion package that LegCo needs to approve, but wholly paid for and run by HKDL itself. The hotel side of the business has been doing very well with more than 80% occupancy ever since opening.

Downtown Disney could open at Sunny Bay where the interchange MTR station is. The overflow parking there is completely useless and a waste of land.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    The new hotel hotels and shopping district are going their for the couple million other people that visit Disneyland every year who enjoy staying at Disneyland hotels and shopping near Disneyland.

I would be one truly happy person if Disney would take all my wishes and grant them for me, they won't of course. Lets just enjoy the expansion and be happy for Disneyland.
    -Tyler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

This is an excerpt from SCMP:

Legislators are set to approve Hong Kong Disneyland's expansion plan by a comfortable margin today, despite reservations among pan-democrats.
    The Democrats, who had earlier been expected to support the deal, decided yesterday to abstain from the vote because of what they said was a lack of transparency surrounding the theme park's performance in the past two years.

The Civic Party had not decided how it would vote.

The plan, including the government's application to increase its investment in the theme park, has won the backing of administration-friendly parties, including the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment and Progress of Hong Kong and the Liberal Party.

The government and The Walt Disney Company - the theme park's two shareholders - have agreed to invest about HK$3.63 billion to expand Hong Kong Disneyland by adding more than 30 new rides by 2014.

Under the expansion plan revealed by the government last Tuesday, Disney would contribute HK$3.5 billion to build three new themed areas - Grizzly Trail, Mystic Point and Toy Story.

To maintain its majority shareholding, the government will convert some HK$5.9 billion of existing debt to equity. The government's share will drop from 57 per cent to about 52 per cent, while Disney's stake will rise to about 48 per cent.

Work could start late this year if the legislature's Finance Committee approves the plan.

Civic Party legislator Ronny Tong Ka-wah said he was inclined to support the application, though his party had not yet decided its position.

"My personal opinion is we have no genuine choice. Several thousand Disney staffers could lose their jobs" if the park is not expanded to make it more attractive to tourists, he said. "The government's investment in the joint venture would be at risk if Legco does not approve the deal."

Mr Tong said there were "strong views" in his party that its lawmakers should not back the expansion as the original agreement reached between the government and Disney in 1999 was not good. Taxpayers paid billions for a 57 per cent equity stake and billions more for the land to be reclaimed and made ready for the theme park, while Disney invested just HK$2.45 billion.

Meanwhile, RTHK reported that Disney planned to expand the existing two hotels in Hong Kong Disneyland or build a new hotel.

The move would provide an extra 1,000 hotel rooms.

A Disney spokesman said it had no plans to build a new hotel.

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    This is an excerpt from SCMP:
    You can view the whole voting session Live at LegCo on Hong Kong Cable TV (Channel 10)!!!

The next item on today's LegCo Agenda is HKDL's Expansion Plan, probably around 5:30pm Hong Kong Time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast