Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Haunted Halloween "Alien Invasion"

Source: HKDL press news A Mysterious Dark Force Creeps in with the Return of Haunted Halloween Hong Kong Disneyland Launches Evening Tickets for Guests Who Can?t Wait to Have Some Spooky Fun

A Mysterious Dark Force Creeps in with the Return of Haunted Halloween Hong Kong Disneyland Launches Evening Tickets for Guests Who Can’t Wait to Have Some Spooky Fun

(Hong Kong, August 10 2009) A dark force is returning to Hong Kong Disneyland with a vengeance from September 18 to October 31. Nobody knows the origin of this dark force but when it arrives mysterious incidents occur, causing a series of mysterious happenings such as ghostly souls lurking in the Main Street Haunted Hotel and explorers going missing in Demon Jungle…

For those adventurous guests who dare to brave the new “Alien Invasion” to investigate its true nature, the Park is offering special Evening Tickets beginning at $228 per Guest. Guests will be able to enjoy a spine-thrilling experience at the Park from 6:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Hong Kong Disneyland Haunted Halloween Evening Tickets can be purchased from August 11 onwards through the following channels: the Ticket Booths at the Main Entrance of the Hong Kong Disneyland Park, the front desks of the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel, the Hong Kong Disneyland Ticket Express at MTR Hong Kong Station and the Hong Kong Disneyland Ticketing Booth at the Peak Tower. Evening Tickets will also be available for purchase at selected Circle K outlets starting September 1 and online at ??????? beginning September 3.

Please visit ??????? for more ticketing details of Haunted Halloween at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Stay tuned as more mysterious dark happenings at Hong Kong Disneyland will be unveiled.

Anyone going to HKDL soon might need to note that "In order to prepare for the Haunted Halloween at Hong Kong Disneyland, Space Mountain will be temporarily closed between 9 September and 15 September, 2009."

UPDATE: This is the launch site for this event: Hong Kong Disneyland | Haunted Halloween
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 08-11-2009 at 04:22 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Haunted Halloween "Alien Invasion"

Sounds like Hong Kong Disneyland is continuing its recent trend of offering a Halloween event aimed at young adults, while ignoring its large family audience. Don't get me wrong I believe this event looks very exciting and I am hoping to be able to attend it perhaps next year. Main Street Haunted Hotel and Demon Jungle are more in line with what you would expect Universal Studios to imagine up, not a Disney park. I understand Disney are trying to attract the same crowd that have made Ocean Park's Halloween Event, such a suscess over the last few years. But I believe its coming at a price, and I would prefer a re think for next years event, that keeps the fun stuff like the Space Mountain overlay and Glow in the dark parade, but cuts the Haunted house style attractions.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Now hold up...is this $228 (or $29 US according to MSN) a special "after dark price"...(like EPCOT's after 5 pass)...

...or is this an upcharge like MNSSHP?

I'm reading it as a "special pass"...but the wording is ambiguous...

Either way...glad to see them continuing what so far has looked to be a great tradition.

• Banned User

I'm glad Disney's thinking outside the box when it comes to HKDL's halloween events... Maybe when they decide to give Hollywood Studios their teen/adult oriented Halloween event they can do something like this.. no blood or guts, just general creepiness.

• Future Imagineer! =D

$228?! Certainly this can not be in U.S. money. Or is it?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Okay, nevermind its 228 in Hong Kong money. Sounds fun! It sounds creepy but not too creepy. I have a feeling that over in Hong Kong people with young children enjoy creepy stuff, unlike families with young children in the U.S. I would go to it if I didn't live really, really, really far away. Haha
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

This is the launch site for the event: Hong Kong Disneyland | Haunted Halloween

it would be so cool if they considered an event like this in the states. The second gates in each resort would be perfect for this

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    But I believe its coming at a price, and I would prefer a re think for next years event, that keeps the fun stuff like the Space Mountain overlay and Glow in the dark parade, but cuts the Haunted house style attractions.
    It's probably not going to happen, especially considering a park should cater to it's locals. If the locals love the haunted attractions, then HKDL should keep on doing it in style. Since the haunted attractions have lasted more then one year, it's easy to see the locals are not complaining.

The way I see it, HKDL has a more well-rounded Halloween event then the ones in the states.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Watch Your Language

Source : Metrohk News

picture for the new addition "Alien Invasion" to this year's "Haunted Halloween" at HKDL.

spokeman of HKDL says there will be special effects, lighting effects, audio/visual effects comparable to those from Hollywood.....

we'll see......

is that the "Alien" in the background....??

• Watch Your Language

More pictures for "Alien Invasion"

Alien Invasion at Tomorrowland
    Every September, an ever-growing dark force spreads all over Hong Kong Disneyland. Nobody has ever uncovered the truth about its origins and intentions. In an attempt to solve the mystery, the Park turned to the elite “Alien Intelligence Agency”.

The Agency reported that a gigantic spaceship has landed inside Hong Kong Disneyland with signs of alien life detected onboard. Preliminary investigations show that these extra-terrestrials have sinister intentions. According to some witnesses who claim to have been abducted by these aliens, a chilling atmosphere permeates the vast interior of the ship with scary factors at every turn for those who dare to set foot on the spaceship.

• Watch Your Language

Alien Invasion at HKDL

video news clip from tv.on.cc <-- Click here (in Cantonese only)

Hong Kong actor Simon Yam is the official spokeman for this year Halloween Event.

Men in Black ? Aliens???

and once again, Star Powers to help promote the park.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 08-27-2009 at 12:41 AM.

I hate it when those news media change the festival 萬聖節 (Halloween) to 哈囉喂 (the event name Ocean Park uses)

• Watch Your Language

Press Conference, another video clip from Apple Daily News (in cantonese only) <--- Click here
    featuring Alien? UFO? Laboratory? Men in Black?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast