Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

4th anniversary merchandise

This is something the CA, FL and Paris parks could take a cue from.. Would it kill them to offer a little anniversary merchandise selection every year?? Of course, TDR set the standard from which HKDL takes it's cue...so, Let's go shopping at HKDL!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: 4th anniversary merchandise

last week i saw a "back to school" stall near the pin trading location in Main St. offering neat HKDL school bags, and Mickey Mouse flap-bags.

• Reluctant Uncle

I am liking those t-shirts! Thank you TDLFAN for the photos.

Too much Stitch.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

stitch is insanely popular in HK

• Don't mess with the duck!

Thanks for the merchandise pics! Weird (not bad mind you) seeing Donald with shoes.

• The Darkness to Light

Is it me, or does the art seem a bit like it's from the 80's? Maybe it's how they are dressed...
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Thanks for the pictures ... I like all the anniversary stuff. I used to buy stuff for every anniversary when Disneyland and Walt Disney World actually made stuff for that.

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

Frankly, given the longevity of the other parks, (DL 54, WDW 38, etc.), I'm not sure that anyone REALLY cares that much about the 4th anniversary of HKDL. To me it's just a ploy to sell more merchandise each year.....just stick a date on it and some "sucker" will buy it. The "milestone" anniversaries I understand, but who gives a "flying leap" about the 4th anniversary of HKDL?? Maybe they should create incremental days merchandise......4 years and 1 day, 4 years and 2 days, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure some fool will go "ga-ga" over it.
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

• Banned User

I disagree with you. I do care and appreciate the efforts they do to acknowledge ALL of the special anniversaries at the parks. Even if only with merchandise... i think it is very nice, while i feel it is very wrong of WDW to not care about the history of the park and only producing a freaking pin for any given anniversary. I think its sad that WDW do not do stuff like this, and even sadder that so called "fans" would not care about it either. Currently, TDS is selling 8th anniversary merchandise and HKDL has their 4th anniversary stuff... I think that is very classy of them to remember the ocasions. Then again, WDW caters to rednecks and the likes..so why bother for them ignorant guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    Too much Stitch.
    All I have to say to you is.. GET OVER IT. Like it or not, Stitch is here to stay and he is a very popular character in many countries, like Japan.

Is this merch being sold only around the actual anniversary date, or is it out all year?

If it's the first, I think that's kind of cool. A nice little nod to the history of the park.

If it's the second, I don't like the idea much. If you celebrate every year's anniversary all year, there's nothing special about it. Every day becomes an anniversary celebration.

That said, what people want to spend their money on is their business.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I disagree with you. I do care and appreciate the efforts they do to acknowledge ALL of the special anniversaries at the parks. Even if only with merchandise... i think it is very nice, while i feel it is very wrong of WDW to not care about the history of the park and only producing a freaking pin for any given anniversary. I think its sad that WDW do not do stuff like this, and even sadder that so called "fans" would not care about it either. Currently, TDS is selling 8th anniversary merchandise and HKDL has their 4th anniversary stuff... I think that is very classy of them to remember the ocasions.
    Well said.

Each milestone is one that should be celebrated, with extra fuss being made on the big birthdays.

As for HKDL 4th, not bad artwork, aside from the logo which looks like the DLP art department took a pop at it.

All in all, nice package.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I disagree with you. I do care and appreciate the efforts they do to acknowledge ALL of the special anniversaries at the parks. Even if only with merchandise... i think it is very nice, while i feel it is very wrong of WDW to not care about the history of the park and only producing a freaking pin for any given anniversary. I think its sad that WDW do not do stuff like this, and even sadder that so called "fans" would not care about it either. Currently, TDS is selling 8th anniversary merchandise and HKDL has their 4th anniversary stuff... I think that is very classy of them to remember the ocasions. Then again, WDW caters to rednecks and the likes..so why bother for them ignorant guests?
    Disney will produce merchandise as long enough people buy it to make it profitable. Too many of the "so called fans" you mention forget that Disney is ultimately a business and has to turn a profit to stay in business. It doesn't matter if a few fans go "ga-ga" over it and think it's wonderful to acknowledge every anniversary. If the merchandise can not be produced economically, on sufficient scale to merchandise at a reasonable price point, and the merchandise actually sells, (rather than ending up discounted at Mouse Surplus), the company likely won't and shouldn't produce it.

But my opinion remains my opinion. I just do not see any point in celebrating every year of a park as though it were a major milestone. Again, where do you draw the line? If the 4th anniversary deserves major celebration, why not 4 years and 1 day, why not 4 years and 2 days, etc. Just because I don't chose to go "ga-ga" over and purchase every piece of merchandise that Disney decides to market does not mean that I do not honor or respect the park history. I don't need to buy some "trinket" in order to prove I do. Just because WDW doesn't chose to create merchandise to honor every parks' anniversaries and every rides' anniversaries within the parks is not proof they don't honor or respect the parks' history either.

Go ahead and shell out all the money you want for the 4th anniversary HKDL merchandise. As long as people are willing to part with their money for it to make it economically profitable, they'll keep the sweat shops running to produce the crap.

Call me a redneck if you want to, but I'm not. (Additionally, I can put together grammatically correct sentences with correct spelling; with which, you seem to have a problem.)
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

WILL HKDL ever produce an official album? Or is the music for the fireworks already released?

• You have much to learn...

It is great that HKDL is taking the examples of what they do in TDR-Yes- too bad they don't do that in WDW or DL in some way each year. They only seem to celebrate the major birthdays- then forget. I'd rather have the birthday merchandise as opposed to all of the yearly merchandise like all the 2007, 2008 and 2009 stuff that winds up at clearance prices in the outlets for the following year.

To me, that makes me feel dated, rather than celebrating a new milestone each year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast