Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Mystic Manor Revealed

Hong Kong disneyland Mystic Manor's facade is so awesome! Its architectural elements is so nice especially the detailed roof, the veranda, the colors and anything else. It suits the themed Mystic for the mansion. Its like a mixture of a castle and a mansion. This is the total best mansion facade I had saw that is very original. I am so thankful that they didnt carbon copy the original disneyland facade.
    I hope they invent a new technology that will show ghost near the visitors and the ghost could freely move. Its okay to use the old techniques but I am looking forward to this new mansion. I hope every detail of the new lands and ride will tell to the public one by one.

This haunted mansion is a one of a kind that the park who got this idea will be great. I hope the opening shanghai park will not have this kind and concept of this new improve wonderful haunted mansion, I mean mystic manor.

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Though I will admit it's really ironic that the model of Toy Story Land is the most bare and unthemed out of the three, yet it's supposed to be the first one built.
    They should have skipped building Toy Story Land until there was enough money in the budget to build a decent attraction because it looks barren from the D23 Expo video. I would have been happy if they built Grizzly Mountain and Mystic Manor for expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by hkdl View Post

This haunted mansion is a one of a kind that the park who got this idea will be great. I hope the opening shanghai park will not have this kind and concept of this new improve wonderful haunted mansion, I mean mystic manor.
    Depends how well Shanghai Disney does in business, if they are cheap they will build a carbon copy of the attraction from other Disney parks. If they have the money to build something new it will be original. Maybe something like HK or something more original.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hkdl View Post
    I hope they invent a new technology that will show ghost near the visitors and the ghost could freely move. Its okay to use the old techniques but I am looking forward to this new mansion. I hope every detail of the new lands and ride will tell to the public one by one.
    First off, the house isn't Haunted. It is enchanted. Therefore there are no ghosts at all.

• Cool Yule

There goes "Grim Grinning Ghosts" then.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

^It's really more like TOT at Disney Seas then the Haunted Mansion really.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    There goes "Grim Grinning Ghosts" then.
    No. Personally, I like that move alot more. This is much more classy then Haunted Mansion is.

• Cool Yule

GGG is "classy" enough for this attraction IMO. I guess the score can still be incorporated into the music box theme.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

GGG is "classy" enough for this attraction IMO. I guess the score can still be incorporated into the music box theme.
    Sorry, but I don't think that singing, smiling, ghosts are classy at all. That portion of Haunted Mansion is my least favorite and is very 'cartoony' compared to the other elements of the ride.

Mystic Manor isn't about ghosts, its about exploration, collection and something far more detailed then Haunted Mansion.

• Banned User

^as if Hitchhiking ghosts, opera singing fat lady ghosts, and anything else on the Haunted Mansion isn't supposed to be humorous? honestly, they are both amazing totally different rides.

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think that singing, smiling, ghosts are classy at all. That portion of Haunted Mansion is my least favorite and is very 'cartoony' compared to the other elements of the ride.
    But isn't that the essence of the Mansion? I'm sure it was intended to be light hearted rather than macabre.

Walt Disney

• Banned User

But isn't that the essence of the Mansion? I'm sure it was intended to be light hearted rather than macabre.
    But this isn't Mansion now is it...

I don't think you understand. This isn't the like the difference between Phantom Manor and Haunted Mansion, these are to completely different concepts. They took ideas of the Haunted Mansion, blended them with several other attractions to get this. Phantom Manor is clear it is just a variation of the Haunted Mansion. Mystic Manor is much different.

• Mouseketeer

This is the spiel I saw at the expo, which was a pretty good walkthrough of the ride. I posted in the "Long Forgotten HM Effect" thread but thought I should post it here too. This is what I remember:

--------------------------------------------

Mystic Manor was built by Lord Mystic in the middle of a dense jungle. He collected artifacts from across the world and set up a museum in his home. The museum is open to anyone - anyone who can find it, that is.

The queue winds along and enters the mansion. First it will pass through an area with portraits and other items explaining the story of Lord Mystic and his companion monkey, Albert.

The queue next takes guest to an octagonal room full with more portraits. While this may sound like our own Stretching Room, this idea was abandoned since they did not wish to introduce any supernatural elements until later. Instead we hear a voiceover from Lord Mystic, congratulating us on making it to his museum and he tells us we are welcome to explore. Albert will pop up at some point, and overall just ham it up. He'll wave and strut, make poses, etc. Mystic will tell Albert to stop being a nuisance and Albert will pop back out the way he came in.

The door open onto the load area and Mystic will explain that he created a ride to help visitors explore the museum and give the load spiel.

Next up is the Cataloging Room. Our chain of vehicles (I think it might have been 4) will enter and we see various crates and half unpacked artifacts. Mystic opens a door, and greets us again, apologizes for the mess, and mentions he just received some new artifacts and is not sure what to think of them. There is some talk about the music box (my memory fails me here. I think he talks about a legend of it being supernatural and he believes it's just superstition, but still wishes to treat it with caution.) He concludes by mentioning that Albert has gone missing and to keep an eye out for him and his mischief. At this he closes the door. Immediately, Albert pops out from among the crates. He looks around, and sees that Mystic is not there. He runs over to the music box and opens it. As a haunting melody plays some eerie dust will waft out. (I heard the term "Music Dust" throughout the presentation, not "Mystic Dust," so will refer to it as just Dust). As the Dust comes in contact with various objects in the room, they come to life (the theme of the ride). Albert shows no remorse and is delighted.

The ride vehicles move on to the music room. The Dust has traveled here too. A harpsichord in the middle of the room comes to life, as does an organ and various other instruments. Paintings on the walls comes to life (I know this was mentioned, and I think it happens in this room). The ride vehicles begin to exit one by one. The last vehicle spending the longest time and sees more Dust effects, but the scene lasts no more than 18 seconds in this scene. Details in the model show wooden looking floors and a wood paneled ceiling.

The vehicles are on their own now in a corridor. (Unfortunately I can't remember what happens in here, but the columns in the pics I have look vaguely Greek.)

The next scene, shown with a glass ceiling on the model was sadly cut due to budget. It was going to be a steamy greenhouse with many exotic carnivorous plants. As of now there will still be a few large venus fly traps snapping at guests in this spot.

Now the Guests will enter the Nordic Room. There are actually two identical Nordic Rooms and this is where the ride vehicles will sync up again. This room is filled with many viking artifacts. When the Dust interacts with the items here, and Norse god will appear and breathe out a chilly wind, freezing the room both in appearance and an actual temperature drop. (I didn't get a chance to take pics of the concept art, but I believe it featured a large mirror with a ghostly looking god blowing on the guests. Icicles had formed all over the room.)

(I am not sure of the order of the other scenes now so bear with me.)

In the armory, the Dust continues to work its magic. Weapons rattle in their brackets on the wall, suits of armor move menacingly. A samurai suit pulls its sword out of the sheath, swings it around a bit, and looks ready to charge. The ride vehicles escape quickly.

Entering the Egyptian room, the Dust causes mummies to stir and (I think) hieroglyphs to move.

In the Tribal room, what appear to be ceremonial mask from the deepest jungles hang on the walls of a hallway. Suddenly, darts will whiz past us, the ride vehicle zoom ahead, and we escape safely. As we turn the corner, we see poor Albert pinned to the wall by darts, his heart pounding. He now starts to think opening that music box wasn't such a wise move. We move past and into a more open portion of the room. The Dust interacts with Tiki masks on the walls, which begin to chant, and a large idol, which begins give off heat and spout lava.

The Chinese room has a golden Monkey statue in the center. Silk paintings and calligraphy adorning the walls gain a fluid life as the Dust touches them. The Monkey statue, being a trickster, begins to stir up a tornado (or typhoon, I forget) causing the vehicles to turn about and spin around the room (like the Teacups, but nowhere near as fast).

The final scene takes place in the cataloging room again (physically a different room from the first one though). The remaining artifacts are crashing about, and Albert dashes desperately to the music box. Slamming it shut, all the supernatural activity stops. Mystic reopens the door, is glad to see Albert not getting into trouble, but scolds him away from the music box. He thanks his guests for coming on his tour, hopes it wasn't too dull, and invites them to come back any time.

The vehicles move on to unload.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Minion

Thanks for the detailed report! The attraction sounds like a blockbuster! I think they (HKDL/WDC/WDI management) are beginning to remember that if they build spectacular rides, people are going to want to visit their park.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    This is the spiel I saw at the expo, which was a pretty good walkthrough of the ride. I posted in the "Long Forgotten HM Effect" thread but thought I should post it here too. This is what I remember:

--------------------------------------------

Mystic Manor was built by Lord Mystic in the middle of a dense jungle. He collected artifacts from across the world and set up a museum in his home. The museum is open to anyone - anyone who can find it, that is.

The queue winds along and enters the mansion. First it will pass through an area with portraits and other items explaining the story of Lord Mystic and his companion monkey, Albert.

The queue next takes guest to an octagonal room full with more portraits. While this may sound like our own Stretching Room, this idea was abandoned since they did not wish to introduce any supernatural elements until later. Instead we hear a voiceover from Lord Mystic, congratulating us on making it to his museum and he tells us we are welcome to explore. Albert will pop up at some point, and overall just ham it up. He'll wave and strut, make poses, etc. Mystic will tell Albert to stop being a nuisance and Albert will pop back out the way he came in.

The door open onto the load area and Mystic will explain that he created a ride to help visitors explore the museum and give the load spiel.

Next up is the Cataloging Room. Our chain of vehicles (I think it might have been 4) will enter and we see various crates and half unpacked artifacts. Mystic opens a door, and greets us again, apologizes for the mess, and mentions he just received some new artifacts and is not sure what to think of them. There is some talk about the music box (my memory fails me here. I think he talks about a legend of it being supernatural and he believes it's just superstition, but still wishes to treat it with caution.) He concludes by mentioning that Albert has gone missing and to keep an eye out for him and his mischief. At this he closes the door. Immediately, Albert pops out from among the crates. He looks around, and sees that Mystic is not there. He runs over to the music box and opens it. As a haunting melody plays some eerie dust will waft out. (I heard the term "Music Dust" throughout the presentation, not "Mystic Dust," so will refer to it as just Dust). As the Dust comes in contact with various objects in the room, they come to life (the theme of the ride). Albert shows no remorse and is delighted.

The ride vehicles move on to the music room. The Dust has traveled here too. A harpsichord in the middle of the room comes to life, as does an organ and various other instruments. Paintings on the walls comes to life (I know this was mentioned, and I think it happens in this room). The ride vehicles begin to exit one by one. The last vehicle spending the longest time and sees more Dust effects, but the scene lasts no more than 18 seconds in this scene. Details in the model show wooden looking floors and a wood paneled ceiling.

The vehicles are on their own now in a corridor. (Unfortunately I can't remember what happens in here, but the columns in the pics I have look vaguely Greek.)

The next scene, shown with a glass ceiling on the model was sadly cut due to budget. It was going to be a steamy greenhouse with many exotic carnivorous plants. As of now there will still be a few large venus fly traps snapping at guests in this spot.

Now the Guests will enter the Nordic Room. There are actually two identical Nordic Rooms and this is where the ride vehicles will sync up again. This room is filled with many viking artifacts. When the Dust interacts with the items here, and Norse god will appear and breathe out a chilly wind, freezing the room both in appearance and an actual temperature drop. (I didn't get a chance to take pics of the concept art, but I believe it featured a large mirror with a ghostly looking god blowing on the guests. Icicles had formed all over the room.)

(I am not sure of the order of the other scenes now so bear with me.)

In the armory, the Dust continues to work its magic. Weapons rattle in their brackets on the wall, suits of armor move menacingly. A samurai suit pulls its sword out of the sheath, swings it around a bit, and looks ready to charge. The ride vehicles escape quickly.

Entering the Egyptian room, the Dust causes mummies to stir and (I think) hieroglyphs to move.

In the Tribal room, what appear to be ceremonial mask from the deepest jungles hang on the walls of a hallway. Suddenly, darts will whiz past us, the ride vehicle zoom ahead, and we escape safely. As we turn the corner, we see poor Albert pinned to the wall by darts, his heart pounding. He now starts to think opening that music box wasn't such a wise move. We move past and into a more open portion of the room. The Dust interacts with Tiki masks on the walls, which begin to chant, and a large idol, which begins give off heat and spout lava.

The Chinese room has a golden Monkey statue in the center. Silk paintings and calligraphy adorning the walls gain a fluid life as the Dust touches them. The Monkey statue, being a trickster, begins to stir up a tornado (or typhoon, I forget) causing the vehicles to turn about and spin around the room (like the Teacups, but nowhere near as fast).

The final scene takes place in the cataloging room again (physically a different room from the first one though). The remaining artifacts are crashing about, and Albert dashes desperately to the music box. Slamming it shut, all the supernatural activity stops. Mystic reopens the door, is glad to see Albert not getting into trouble, but scolds him away from the music box. He thanks his guests for coming on his tour, hopes it wasn't too dull, and invites them to come back any time.

The vehicles move on to unload.
    I love your detail report !!!!!Its so amazing ride!Cant wait to see it in real!!!!!!!Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast