Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• hatbox ghost believer

Re: Mystic Manor Revealed

MM looks to be amazing, as does GT. TSL... not so much. In any case, MM could easily be added later to here in DCA and in WDS in Florida and Paris someday!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Five-Legged Goat

Thanks for the very detailed description -- it certainly fleshes out the presentation made by the Disney rep that's in the widely-viewed YouTube video. The ride-through makes complete sense in relation to the pictures that were displayed -- it looked like there would be a cold/frost room and a heat/lava aspect of the tiki room, but it's good to have confirmation. It's just too bad that they had to cut the glass ceiling conservatory, but I guess it's a small price to pay to have the project brought to completion.

Because they're going with the trackless technology that sends batches of four vehicles at a time through the attraction, it would be cool if they recorded three separate spiels for Mystic in the opening/closing scenes -- in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English, as they have in Jungle River Cruise and Stitch Encounter. They could have every fifth cluster of vehicles, etc. have a programmed presentation in English -- or vary it, based on demand.

The thought of having to wait four to five years to see this come to fruition is excruciating...

• Disneyland is Mine!!

All I can say is wow, this is an amazingly brilliant attraction. This is a great take on the Haunted Mansion. Love it. And I love how the manor owner is tied into Hightower being his competition. This reminds me of how TDS's TOT has a different take on the theming. This is what Disney do more often. This is the type of originality thats needed to make people want to go to the other parks, same concept, just new theming and ride system and ther eyou have it. Now I will want to make a trip HKDL for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    MM looks to be amazing, as does GT. TSL... not so much. In any case, MM could easily be added later to here in DCA and in WDS in Florida and Paris someday!
    It's a great looking attraction, but it's not going to be added in DCA or WDS. They've already got a HM, they won't build another no matter how different the theme is. And yes, it is a HM type, the Imagineers working there were telling everyone so.

ImagineerWarrior

• All-American

I'm so confused! A big-budget E-ticket attraction... that's not a clone... with no character tie-in... that's actually in-theme and visually beautiful...

and isn't in Tokyo...

How did this thing ever get approved!?

• Minion

This looks awesome and different enough from the Haunted Mansion that the American Disney parks should get it also. Perhaps it could fit in DAK at WDW and DCA (or the 3rd gate) at DLR.

Mystic Manor and Grizzly Mountain Coaster look so much more exciting than anything the American parks are getting anytime soon.

• Mouseketeer

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    This looks awesome and different enough from the Haunted Mansion that the American Disney parks should get it also. Perhaps it could fit in DAK at WDW and DCA (or the 3rd gate) at DLR.
    I heard the HK government was demanding some unique attractions in HKDL, hence the new expansions. If this is true, I seriously doubt other parks would be getting a MM clone any time soon.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

i believe they have exclusive rightst to those attractions for the first three years but only in the Asian region. I think they just did that to make sure that Shanghai would not get cloned attractions. This would allow them to stay competitive for a while.

I really think that Burbank and WDI should seriously consider something like this for DCA's Paradise Pier.

• Watch Your Language

Mystic Manor@Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail will be exclusive worldwide for 5 years from openings

Toy Story Land will be exclusive for Asia Region for 5 Years from opening

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Mystic Manor@Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail will be exclusive worldwide for 5 years from openings

Toy Story Land will be exclusive for Asia Region for 5 Years from opening

So at least there is a possibility that we can get Mystic Manor in America.

To the person who said Paradise Pier would be a good area for it: perhaps it can go in where Goofy's Sky School will be in an all new mini-land.

• Membre

It looks fantastic, and the architecture is awesome!

Blog Entries

Discover all the Mystic Manor artwork and the attraction secrets here:

http://micechat.com/forums/disney-mo...post1055562446

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    Discover all the Mystic Manor artwork and the attraction secrets here:

http://micechat.com/forums/disney-mo...post1055562446
    Merci Alain, it is great!

• Minion

Thanks for the great report Alain.

Sadly - and as happens with all attractions - it looks like a great concept that almost made it (the steamy Greenhouse with giant/exotic/carnivorous/attacking plants) got cut due to budget.

You can see below that the model has 13 labeled show scenes, including the large glass-topped greenhouse, while the paintings only have 12.

My hope is, as was alluded to in Semiquaver's original post, is that they keep the Greenhouse room ("As of now there will still be a few large venus fly traps snapping at guests in this spot") and ramp up the scene one day in the future when they have the budget.

Since the Greenhouse preceded the the Nordic Rooms they were trying to go for the hot/cold sensation. Looks like it will be cold only...

• De la Terre la Luke

Sounds great, shame about the Greenhouse though, although lets hope it will be resurrected in the not too distant future!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast