Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Watch Your Language

Mystic Manor Revealed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEF2awc6r0M]YouTube - Hong Kong Disneyland's Mystic Manor Revealed[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHhsGVGPak"]YouTube - D23 Expo Disney Parks and Resorts booth exhibit tour[/ame]
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 09-11-2009 at 10:34 AM.

• Tomorrow's Child

Re: Mystic Manor Revealed

Sounds like a fantastic attraction.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

FANTASTIC videos. I wish I was there...!

WISHES!!

~~~~~*

Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Now with 5% more insanity

I love it when they think outside the box and don't just copy a ride!

That ride sounds just...

incredible. They are really taking advantage of that ride system, it looks like. Great concept, too. Basically an Adventurer's Club that's come to life. That is getting me more excited all together more than anything that is coming to DCA right now.

This looks like it really could be the best Dark Ride Disney has ever made. The completely original concept, brilliant show scenes, and the trackless ride system could make this the ride that could top Indy as Disney's best ride. I'm so excited for this and I think that the Grizzly Mountain Coaster is looking very good as well. That appears to be like an improved Everest, with comparable thrills yet more and more detailed show scenes. This is coming from someone who thinks Everest is incredible. The only real blotch on this expansion is Toy Story Land. Personally, I don't think the land itself will be that bad, since I'm expecting some life sized Toy Story Animatronic characters scattered throughout the land. But that shuttle coaster is such an eyesore. It's a shame Hong Kong didn't go for the Pirates land or Glacier Bay. Then this would have put this expansion up there with DCA's, probably even surpassing it, at least in my opinion. But what we've seen so far looks great, I just can't wait till 2014 when this expansion is done.

• Five-Legged Goat

Grizzly Mountain looks like a fun, solid E-ticket that effectively combines elements of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Grizzly River Run, and Expedition Everest. And the theming of "Geyser Gulch" sets a nice foundation if they should ever decide to add a Geyser Mountain freefall attraction behind Grizzly Mountain, don't you think?

But the star of the show here is clearly Mystic Manor. It's like they took the best aspects of the Haunted Mansion, TDS's Tower of Tower, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, the Adventurers Club, the Enchanted Tiki Room, and the Indiana Jones Adventure (along with a few other influences), and created something that's both fresh in its own right, and potentially greater than the sum of its parts. I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about an upcoming attraction -- and this is after having seen the plans for the impressive Radiator Springs Racers that's coming to DCA in a few years.

This could really be a game changer for HKDL. 2013 can't come fast enough!

(The only odd thing is having Toy Story Land right next door to Mystic Point. It's like having a big pile of steaming... well, you know... next to a shining diamond...)

[QUOTE=Kuhio;1055552288]And the theming of "Geyser Gulch" sets a nice foundation if they should ever decide to add a Geyser Mountain freefall attraction behind Grizzly Mountain, don't you think?

I actually hadn't thought about that until just now, but I think that your absolutely right. Geyser Gulch is the land that is most expanable of the three that are coming. Western River Expedition would be interesting also. I'm actually starting to get excited at the future of the park, but REALLY wish they want with the Pirates of the Caribbean land. I think we'll see that at Disneysea or Shanghai though, so its all good.
    Last edited by PhillyFan89; 09-11-2009 at 07:35 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Does anyone know if the layout that is posted for the Grizzly Mountain Coaster above the Expo pics is the actual layout that's going to be built, because I haven't seen it anywhere else.

• Crazy Furry

When the lands were first announced, I was intrigued by Grizzly Trail and Mystic Point...and I had a feeling Mystic Manor would be something special when I heard it would be using the same trackless technology that TDL uses for Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

After seeing the photos and videos, Mystic Manor looks and sounds flat out awesome...and the Grizzly Mountain Coaster looks really nice as well. Hopefully there will be a video of an Imagineer talking about the coaster, especially since the one of Mystic Manor makes me want to have the attraction built ASAP.

Though I will admit it's really ironic that the model of Toy Story Land is the most bare and unthemed out of the three, yet it's supposed to be the first one built.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Disney + Menken fan

Wow! MM is going to be awsome 8D
    I love the concept art they've shown at D23, the model also looks very cool.
    I'll make a great original ride for HKDL^^

~Xedex
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• Disney + Menken fan

PhillyFan89
    Does anyone know if the layout that is posted for the Grizzly Mountain Coaster above the Expo pics is the actual layout that's going to be built, because I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    I found this site Disney Magic Interactive • Afficher le sujet - [HKDL] Frontier Gold Mining Town - Grizzly Trail (2012) if you scroll down you can see a layout for the coaster. It's a french site so I'm not sure if it'll be the final layout there gonna build.

~Xedex
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Xedex View Post
    It's a french site so I'm not sure if it'll be the final layout there gonna build.
    Doesn't matter. Those are also from D23 Expo.

• Cars Land Rocks!

After seeing the model and drawings up close yesterday, I'm so excited about this attraction ... I love ride vehicle going through all the different rooms. I can't wait for my trip back to the park when it is opens.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast