Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Talking What ride or attraction would you like to see in HKDL?

What would you like to see in HKDL's Lands?

Timekeeper.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: What ride or attraction would you like to see in HKDL?

apart from whats already scheduled to be put in the park, i would like a new version of POTC... but ANYTHING would do. I just want a ride that I can go on at least 4 times every time a visit HKDL once a week.

• Five-Legged Goat

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: a highly-themed, indoors wild-mouse coaster that's housed in an elaborate show building that looks like Toad Hall.

• Banned User

Adventureland:

• Raging Spirits - Cloned from TDS would be fine.
    • The Enchanted Tiki Room - updated effects but the original version. No characters.
    • Aladdin Dark Ride

Grizzly Trail:

• Western River Expedition - The parks version of DL's POTC. No big Splash Mountain drop, just a few small ones with elaborate sets and music.
    • Gyser Mountain - TOT but in Frontier-a-fied
    • Golden Horseshoe Theater - Entertainment offering

Mystic Trail:

• Major Show
    • Splash Pirates - Utilize the whole dream sequence but in a new form. An explorer is dreaming and then you start going up into his dream. This would be based off the movie but much more like Indy at DL where it takes the characters and puts a whole new storyline centered around you

Toy Story Playland:

• Gone

Fantasyland:

• Peter Pan - updated, new effects
    • Snow White - updated, new effects
    • Pinocchio - updated, new effects
    • Beauty and the Beast - Similar to TLM at DCA. Omnimover with a musical story line
      • The top 3 Fantasyland Dark rides would have different language options that ride ops could press before the guests rode. B&B would just run through a number on languages while alternating.
    • Golden Mickey's - Change name to Fantasyland theater and add show like One Man's Dream II at TDL. Should run multiple shows a day
    • New Castle - Tear down the old castle and build Rapunzel's castle. The castle should be on a hill and have a very elegant yet whymsical feel like Paris'. It should also house a huge Rapunzel walk through attraction.
    • Castle Stage, this time on the back of the castle. It would be a stage just like the WDW/TDL versions except on the back. It could feature seasonal shows with no permenant shows.
    • Update Pooh
    • Reorganize to look better

Tomorrowland

• The Intergalatic Review Animatronic Show (Whatever the heck it was called) - This would be a great show for the cartoony land.
    • Star Tours 2.0 - self explanatory
    • Incredipods - utilizing the technology of Spiderman at Islands of Adventure, you would board 'IncrediPods' and go on a crazy adventure with the characters of the Incredibles to stop the raging villains. At the end guests could make there own costumes and be judged by Edna. Language system also available here as well. Similar to Jungle Cruise

Main Street

• Lower the entire street so it features a curb for better parade viewing and more of a street feel.
    • Horse Drawn street cars - Like the others
    • Hong Kong Disneyland Electrical Parade - Bring it over from DCA. The Tinkerbell float, and updated music is utilized and they also bring back the Circus unit and the Blue Fairy as part of Pinocchio Unit. It would also include new floats of Pixar characters, recent Disney movies (anything after Little Mermaid)
    • New Parade - Built specifically for the park. Big, huge parade with tons of floats and no Disneyland band (sorry guys stay on Main Street or in a pre parade). Lots of floats, characters, and bright colors. Kind of like Tokyo Disneyland's Dreams on Parade: Movin' On

Toy Story Play Land is here to stay and no wishing is going to remove it..

And as for a Pirates attraction, that won't happen either as the idea of Pirates in HK is looked down upon because of actual pirates in the area, as an Imagineer told me at the D23 Expo. I know that this is a cultural thing in the HK area, but don't know if it's a problem for Shanghai.

I like some of your other ideas ICe101, but all those attractions installed would mean you're looking at HKDL on it'd 25th birthday, not it's 10th or even 15th. It'll take a long time to build that many new attractions.

It'll be nice to see this park grow. I want it to have original attractions and variation on originals, not direct clones.

Imagineer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    And as for a Pirates attraction, that won't happen either as the idea of Pirates in HK is looked down upon because of actual pirates in the area, as an Imagineer told me at the D23 Expo. I know that this is a cultural thing in the HK area, but don't know if it's a problem for Shanghai.
    It can't be a cultural thing... Most of the HKers like pirates and the Pirate takeover in 2007 was a success. What I think is that the HK government isn't willing to pay that large amount of money to build the land.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Adventureland:
    Tomorrowland

• The Intergalatic Review Animatronic Show (Whatever the heck it was called) - This would be a great show for the cartoony land.
    That would be: PLECTU'S FANTASTIC GALACTIC REVUE

• Banned User

replace Toy Story Playland with Adventureland expansion: Raging Spirits/Indiana Jones. (theming like tokyo, but movie aspect like france) tiki room in entrance area, once again like Ice said, no characters. Peter Pan in same positioning as france, sleeping beauty castle walk thru, Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue & Star Tours 2.0 would both fit the space theme of tomorrowland very well.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I like the idea of adding a Tiki Room, Star Tour 2.0 and Raging Spirits/Indiana Jones, and an Incredibles attraction like you mentioned. I'd also like to see a upgraded Tower of Terror and some kind of evening show or parade.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How about an Endangered Species ride like COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION but featuring more current endangered animals in place of dinos. It would be in Adventureland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    How about an Endangered Species ride like COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION but featuring more current endangered animals in place of dinos. It would be in Adventureland.
    No. Adventureland is old, and that would be modern. So no.

• Minion

The same ride I want at any park...Western River Expedition.

Unlike Ice101, I would want them to keep the big drop as originally intended. Otherwise I think the story loses its punch...you go down the waterfall because the bandits are blocking the safer way.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    Toy Story Play Land is here to stay and no wishing is going to remove it..

I like some of your other ideas ICe101, but all those attractions installed would mean you're looking at HKDL on it'd 25th birthday, not it's 10th or even 15th. It'll take a long time to build that many new attractions.

It'll be nice to see this park grow. I want it to have original attractions and variation on originals, not direct clones.

Imagineer Warrior
    The thread is called what would you like to see...not what will you see.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    No. Adventureland is old, and that would be modern. So no.
    The thread is called what would you like to see...not what will you see. I don't need your permission.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The thread is called what would you like to see...not what will you see. I don't need your permission.
    But you idea is thematically incorrect. Therefore, I would like it rejected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast