Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Photos & Video from my HKDL Trip

Hi all,

I've posted up all my photos and some video from my trip to HKDL.

To start the ball rolling i've put up footage of the HKDL Hotel (2 videos), Hollywood Hotel (3 videos), Park Promenade and most importantly the full version of Disney In The Stars fireworks show (excellent!!!!) and also the Jungle Cruise with it's twist at the end!

I'll be following up these next week with video of each of the lands, Disney On Parade (full and rainy day versions) and more...

They can be found at http://www.barrybedford.com

Enjoy!
    BarryB

http://www.barrybedford.com - Home to over 90 minutes of video and hundreds of photos of Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong Disney Resorts.

• Banned User

Re: Photos & Video from my HKDL Trip

I already said this to you BarryB over at LP, but THANK YOU!!!

• Minion

ORDDU: My, my!! What a wonderful collection of photos you have, duckling! Thank you very much for sharing them with all of us.

ORWEN: It is a beautiful park. We're looking forward to more rides now.

ORGOCH: Got any frogs over there? That's what I wanna' know!

• Creative Director

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

someone's got to tell Rick!

• Banned User

Rick Who?

• Creative Director

Rick, also known as wishesfan.
    He wanted to see videos of the Hong Kong productions.

• Banned User

Oh *that* Rick, with the handsome avatar photo that has many drooling in lust around here.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

What a cool fireworks show! Theres use of flame throwers in it like at Disneyland Cali. Amazing! Not as strong a finale as other shows but beautiful non the less, and neat use of lighting!

Wow, the jungle cruise finale is amazing too!
    Last edited by Disney Analyst; 10-14-2005 at 12:08 AM.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Sock Puppet

NOOO! I couldnt open the files!

• Compulsive Map Collector

Wow! Great pictures and video! Thanks so much for sharing....

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thanks for sharing!

• Banned User

BarryB! Excellent coverage my friend!!! Best coverage I have seen from HKDL on the internet. KUDOS!! You've brought the HKDL experience quite vividly to everyone... You panorama shots are crisp clear and awesome!!

**Note to everyone... GO CHECK Barryb's site OUT NOW and know this..spoilers galore so go spoil yourselves.... and Barry is not done yet! I am eagerly looking foward to the "coming soon" treats he's got in store for us.

Now..I can go back to HKDL in Nov and enjoy it, not worrying about taking photos or do reports. It would be pointless after BarryB's excellent job covering HKDLR.

Hey Barry..question.. Seems the days you were at the park, it was not that crowded... Did you experience any problems with crowd control or witnessed line cutting or peeing in the bushes or too much smoking outside of the smoking areas?? That seem to be some of the things many have complaint about... Any observations you care to share??

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I couldn't agree with you MORE--TDLFAN, duckling. barryB's photos really ARE the best we've seen so far.

ORWEN: Remember that one old toad on another web-footed site who said he never bothered to check out the pictures of 'other fans' because he felt he couldn't be bothered. Yet he expected others to look at HIS pictures, anyway? Well, we've got news for that old sour puss. Barryb's pictures make that OTHER old nasty's pictures look like they were taken by an amateur!!

ORGOCH: Good job, Barryb, ducklin'. Now, didja git any pictures a the FROGS they's got over at Ping Pong Dizzyland?!

• Earth Intruder

Wow I really love those panorama shots!!! Great photos man!!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Hi all,

WOW, thanks for the comments on my photos and video. Really glad you're enjoying them!!!

TDLFAN my friend, i felt I had the park to myself! I arrived on a tuesday and stayed till Sunday in the Hollywood (you will love staying here!!!). Visited the park on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Very quiet on the weekdays with everything pretty much a walkon so no line cutting or bad behaviour! I did see people smoking around the place but thankfully no peeing!!! The cast members were amazing. Sooooo friendly and courtious. I would have gone mad if I saw anyone being mean or rude to them!!!

Saturday we had Typhoon Damrey to content with. High winds and Jungle Cruise, Treehouse, Dumbo, Orbitron and the Train were closed. I got a refund for my trouble however I did spend the time just pottering about the park!

Orddu, i'll take your comment as a great honour!

Orwen, LOL!!!! ;-)

Orgoch, I saw one frog during my whole time there. It jumped out in front of us on Park Promenade the night we saw the fireworks.

I'll be adding the Disney on Parade videos early in the week. I've also got another panaramic shot (which I forgot to put up!) of Town Square from the station looking towards the castle which is beautiful as it shows the mountains in the distance.

The 'Land' videos are coming very soon. Almost done editing them. Tomorrowland is amazing at night as they used alot of neon on the buildings and the music score is cool which I use for that video.

If you watch the HKDL Hotel videos you'll see the 3D screen they used in the Crystal Lotus which shoots 3D flames from the bottles and also the Carp Ponds as you enter the restaurant which are screens set in the floor. When you walk on them ripples appear on the water and the fish will approach your feet and swim around them! You also hear splashes as you walk!

Park Promenade is a very nice way to walk to the Park. The music is loud and really sets the tone. The fountain is sooooo cool and does a nice show. I have video of this at night to put up too.

Anyway, I'll keep ya posted of the extra bits and feel fee to ask any questions.

Enjoy!
    BarryB.

http://www.barrybedford.com - Home to over 90 minutes of video and hundreds of photos from Hong Kong, Tokyo and Paris Disney Resorts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast