Question Face Character Auditions

I will be going to the auditions for Hong Kong Disneyland in Anaheim on the 21st. I've read all the info the Disney site has given, but would anyone who may have auditioned mind helping me answer a few questions?
    What advice can anyone give me? How influential is height/body type? Is it bad to wear a skirt to the auditions? If your teeth aren't perfectly white does that ruin the look? Would a certain hairstyle or makeup help or hinder? I feel silly asking such varying questions, but I would rather go in with confidence. I have no idea what to plan, expect, wear, bring etc.

• Watch Your Language

Re: Face Character Auditions

Lots of Smile!!!!

and good luck.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuli-Q View Post
    I will be going to the auditions for Hong Kong Disneyland in Anaheim on the 21st. I've read all the info the Disney site has given, but would anyone who may have auditioned mind helping me answer a few questions?
    What advice can anyone give me? How influential is height/body type? Is it bad to wear a skirt to the auditions? If your teeth aren't perfectly white does that ruin the look? Would a certain hairstyle or makeup help or hinder? I feel silly asking such varying questions, but I would rather go in with confidence. I have no idea what to plan, expect, wear, bring etc.

Hi there! I too will be auditioning for HKDL at the Australian auditions.
    I have been to one of their auditions before and also ones for Tokyo and height does not seem as important for those parks than in say Disneyland Anaheim.
    But usually princess height is between 5'3 and 5'7. And Alice is about 4'9 to 5'2.

I don't think it matters what you wear, as long as you are comfortable and the same with your hairstyle and makeup.

I have read that it is best to wear limited makeup and have your hair tied back, but I have seen people who got picked with hair up and down and with many different clothing styles and levels of makeup!
    So basically I have NO idea how they pick them because they are always different!

You will just need to bring a resume and head shot of yourself.

Hope this helps and good luck to you! =)

Tale as old as time, True as it can be..
    - Beauty and the Beast

Thanks a bunch! That was very helpful, actually. Good luck at the Australia auditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuli-Q View Post
    Welcome! There's an extremely large and extensive Face Character Audition thread here: Disney Face Character Auditions . I've found this thread really helpful.

I auditioned for HKDL just days ago, and completely botched it unfortunately. However, this was not my first audition for Disney or other opportunities in entertainment, so hopefully I can help.

Wear something comfortable that you can move in, but something that allows your body type to be seen also. There were a few girls who wore dresses/skirts with spandex shorts underneath, but i was more comfortable in leggings and a loose, yet nice, top. There were also some girls in heels, but DO NOT wear heels unless you are comfortable performing dance routines in them. I am very glad I chose to opt out of heels for more sensible shoes.
    As for makeup, I know everyone says to wear minimal makeup here, but... just look your absolute best. Don't sell yourself short. Almost every girl there looks very pageant-y and if you do not look/feel your best, you're going to be intimidated. My first Disney audition, I wore minimal makeup and didn't look/feel my best, and that affected me poorly because I felt out of my league.
    As for teeth, I used a pack of Crest Whitestrips a few weeks up until my audition. I personally see teeth discoloration as a sign of laziness in this sort of work, due to the multiple affordable methods to fix it. The cheapest whitestrips are about $15 USD at most and take two weeks, and you can use multiple packs in a row. They actually work. While "perfect" teeth aren't necessary, you need to be aware that you will be against girls who DO have "perfect" teeth along with "perfect" everything else. You can't change your facial structure with $15, but you can fix the color of your teeth with $15. So, why hold yourself back?
    Hairstyle doesn't really "matter" per say, but again, pick a hairstyle that you are comfortable in that you can move around in freely.
    Bring a headshot and resume for HKDL auditions.
    As for height, if you are in the height range specified on the website, just go. Don't stress it too much; it isn't something that you can change.
    Bring your basic information, SSN, address, phone number, height/weight, all that good stuff. You'll be taught a movement routine in the first cut (and be alert and pay attention: it is taught very quickly) and perform it in a group. I unfortunately completely botched my movement routine and looked like a sloppy grizzly instead of a graceful disney character, and completely am slapping myself for it. They emphasize that your dancing does not matter and that it is a typecast audition: to an extent this is true, but they also want to see if you can move gracefully well and portray a character in movement.
    Oh, and be on time. Showing up late does you zero favors.

Sorry for the novel. Hope it helps