View Poll Results: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Point?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanghai Disneyland Resort

13 15.48%
  • Tokyo Disneyland Resort

4 4.76%
  • Disneyland Resort Paris

8 9.52%
  • Walt Disney World Resort

5 5.95%
  • Disneyland Resort

13 15.48%
  • Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point Will Permanently remain Exclusive To Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

44 52.38%
  • Couldn't care less.

5 5.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Poin

or maybe that line was used on purpose to make it known that Hong kong will have two original lands not found in any other Disney park fro 2014 to 2019 making it a special place

• Minion

Re: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Poin

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Looking at the concept art, not much looks similar to Everest.

Everest doesn't have as much of an outdoor section, only 1 (massive) AA, and no launch.

I don't know what's necesarily on the inside, but the main similarilties are the fact they're both roller coasters.
    I think two will share a similar track layout, at least that's what I've read. And I certainly notice similarities in that regard, at least from what little can be gleaned from the concept art. Grizzly Peak has the backwards section, plus a similar big drop.

Also not sure I agree with you about Everest not having an outdoor section...from my experience the ride is at least as much outdoors as indoors, possibly more outdoors in terms of total time.

Aside from that of course there will be differences with story, animatronics etc. But if they share a similar track, then those similarities I think would argue against the two being in the same park. All that being said, I guess no one can say for sure until we see what Grizzly Peak actually turns out to be and what course further expansion this park takes.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I think two will share a similar track layout, at least that's what I've read. And I certainly notice similarities in that regard, at least from what little can be gleaned from the concept art. Grizzly Peak has the backwards section, plus a similar big drop.

Also not sure I agree with you about Everest not having an outdoor section...from my experience the ride is at least as much outdoors as indoors, possibly more outdoors in terms of total time.
    The rides will clearly be similar but the track layouts are almost nothing alike. From the Imagineers I talked to at D23 Expo they said that it is very unique to any other coaster they have built because usually their rides are very much so in a box (like Everest) but this one will go out and around and jump through the area. It is a completely original layout.

So yes it will have some similarities to Everest but it surely won't be to comparable to Everest.

I would agree that Expedition has an equal indoor section compared to outdoor. Without a doubt it feels like a majority of the action is indoor.

So in essence, the two rides are going to be worlds apart, but still too similar to build in one park. Its like building Everest and Big Thunder in the same park.

• Banned User

I would want to see an altered version of Mystic Manor possibly coming to DCA, themed to the san fransisco explorer's club, with a different story line and scenes.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    I would want to see an altered version of Mystic Manor possibly coming to DCA, themed to the san fransisco explorer's club, with a different story line and scenes.
    That seems like a way to get one of them at the Disneyland Resort without having too similar of attractions in the same park.

• Minion

Despite the differences with the Haunted Mansion I really wouldn't want another ghost-centric attraction for DLR. Something completely new using the trackless technology would be much more meaningful IMO. The stateside resorts are very much overdue for rides using this technology, now almost a decade after the debut of the first ride using it.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

mystic Manor has no ghosts in it whatsoever. It has ARTIFACTS that come alive...

• Iron-Clad Allie

mystic Manor has no ghosts in it whatsoever. It has ARTIFACTS that come alive...
    Love your idea, Casey Jr, of a DCA Mystic Manor with artifacts that come alive before your eyes... and with a San Francisco Explorers Club theme. That would be sooooooo exciting and fun!

Undoubtedly when the new SF district moves over to the wharf area, it will have at least one eye poppin' quality attraction... perhaps more. As long as any DCA Mystic Manor based ride significantly varies in theme from that of HKDL, the two would promote eachother rather than competitively siphon off guests.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Love your idea, Casey Jr, of a DCA Mystic Manor with artifacts that come alive before your eyes... and with a San Francisco Explorers Club theme. That would be sooooooo exciting and fun!

Undoubtedly when the new SF district moves over to the wharf area, it will have at least one eye poppin' quality attraction... perhaps more. As long as any DCA Mystic Manor based ride significantly varies in theme from that of HKDL, the two would promote eachother rather than competitively siphon off guests.
    They would compliment eachother nicely, sort of like how the TOT's compliment each other, yet have different facades, storyline, etc. (I am talking about the two good towers.)

Unfortunitly, Car's land is taking up much of the space that could be used for something interesting there (including a Discovery Bay type land), although the "Society of Explorers" where the ride could enter could instead be positioned at an angle so the showbuilding takes over a (now demolished) flicks fun fair, expanding the San Fransisco area in that direction.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

I wonder if they will put in Adventurer's Club references. It seems like this would be a nice opportunity to put in a nod to that victim of the Pleasure Island remodel at Walt Disney World.
    Last edited by Let's Enunciate; 12-26-2009 at 01:26 AM.

• Banned User

Well I think the poll speaks for itself, the two areas should stay completely unique to Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Each park should be unique and have different attractions that make people WANT to travel to these far-off parks and see what all the buzz is about for themselves. Just a bunch of clones will make people say, "Haunted Mansion? Pfft, we can see that in Florida or California and save money instead of traveling abroad." But... "Mystic Manor? Something different? We better get those passports ready!"

Tokyo DisneySEA is a PRIME example of how rides should be unique. Though the Indy ride and Tower of Terror are technically "clones" in the sense of the word, they do offer different experiences than their Florida/California counterparts. And that's what makes people want to travel... to see the differences.

The Mystic Manor ride might lend itself to be an excellent "sequel" type of ride for Tokyo Disney Sea's Tower of Terror. Tot in TDS has that whole story with the eccentric millionaire who collects rare artifacts from all over the world. Maybe Mystic Manor could be Mr. Hightower's house?

As far as Grizzly Gulch goes, well it's basically the Grizzly Peak area in California Adventure, but with a roller coaster instead of a raft ride. It looks like they'll get some cool audio animatronics. Maybe GRR will get those animatronics to "plus" the attraction at DCA? I really can't see Grizzly Gulch in any other park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meekobiscuit View Post
    The Mystic Manor ride might lend itself to be an excellent "sequel" type of ride for Tokyo Disney Sea's Tower of Terror. Tot in TDS has that whole story with the eccentric millionaire who collects rare artifacts from all over the world. Maybe Mystic Manor could be Mr. Hightower's house?

As far as Grizzly Gulch goes, well it's basically the Grizzly Peak area in California Adventure, but with a roller coaster instead of a raft ride. It looks like they'll get some cool audio animatronics. Maybe GRR will get those animatronics to "plus" the attraction at DCA? I really can't see Grizzly Gulch in any other park.
    Excellent ideas, although Mystic Manor at TDA would probably have to further deliniate from the Tower of Terror, since in some aspects they may share some of the same things?

• The Study of Wumbo

I can really only see it coming to Shanghai, right now.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast