View Poll Results: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Point?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanghai Disneyland Resort

13 15.48%
  • Tokyo Disneyland Resort

4 4.76%
  • Disneyland Resort Paris

8 9.52%
  • Walt Disney World Resort

5 5.95%
  • Disneyland Resort

13 15.48%
  • Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point Will Permanently remain Exclusive To Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

44 52.38%
  • Couldn't care less.

5 5.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Point?

As Disney has announced that Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point will remain exclusive rides at HKDL for five years, it is apparent that the company plans to bring versions of these two attractions to one or more other resorts. Which resort(s) do you think would get their own version of either one or both rides? A poll is up.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Poin

Shame on Disney if they decide to pirate Grizzly Gulch or Mystic Point into another park.

Re: After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Poin

I think it would be difficult to clone these two rides into existing Disney Resorts. Since they are alternatives for Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion, it would be strange to have two similar E-tickets in a single resort. They may get rethemed rides with the same systems but not clones.

They still would appear in coming resorts however it may not be SHDL. Unless Disney want it to wait until 2019 to get its own version of Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion...

• ...is busy, please hold.

Apparently the Mouse has forgotten the definition of "original attraction".
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    Shame on Disney if they decide to pirate Grizzly Gulch or Mystic Point into another park.
    Don't understand the company's reasoning here. It should never have announced that GC and MP will remain uncloned for five years. After having gone with a dirth of attractions for years... and completely amiss of original e-tickets.. this is a hard slap in the face to it's guests and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIDL View Post
    I think it would be difficult to clone these two rides into existing Disney Resorts. Since they are alternatives for Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion, it would be strange to have two similar E-tickets in a single resort. They may get rethemed rides with the same systems but not clones.

They still would appear in coming resorts however it may not be SHDL. Unless Disney want it to wait until 2019 to get its own version of Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion...
    Agreed! All of the current parks already have similar atractions. For the foreseeable future, this pretty much leaves Shanghai as the only candidate that could inherit clones. But, the future park is being promoted as a compliment to Hong Kong Disneyland... not competition.

With this in mind, I don't even see the point of building another disneyland there... let alone cloning HKDL's few unique headliners that will be responsible for emphasizing it's own identy... if not placing the park in a league of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post

Apparently the Mouse has forgotten the definition of "original attraction".
    We fans need to let the company know when it makes sucky policy decisions... and this notion of cloning everything is definitely wrong on so many levels. We need to honor the memory of Roy E. Disney by continuing his dedicated efforts to Save Disney... hence creating, restoring and preserving the magic.. the happiness.. the innovation.. the memories.. the pride.

• Pongo is my hero.

DAK- Grizzly Gulch at least

I don't see the big deal about using these in other parks. Odds are that people going to the parks in the states/Paris will never visit HKDL or TDL or

one hundred and one

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

........or??? don't leave us hanging like that.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    ........or??? don't leave us hanging like that.

Shanghai

I think I entered too early and was too lazy to fix... I'll still keep the suspe

one hundred and one

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The suspe... (What was he going to type?)

• Pongo is my hero.

The suspeciousness of... (tune in next week to find out)

one hundred and one

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post

I don't see the big deal about using these in other parks. Odds are that people going to the parks in the states/Paris will never visit HKDL or TDL or
    What a marvelous idea, Imagineer Scott! Although the Magic Kingdom would be a terrible choice for Grizzly Gulch, Animal Kingdom would be perfect. Just one thematic suggestion. Rather than a mine train similar to that of Expedition: Everest, I think that a train of Jeeps (like hunters would use) would be novel and one full-on blast! The engine noises would be amplified, and each Jeep vehicle (perhaps scaled down in size) would have disproportionately large tires. What I have in mind is a train of cars such as this...

Only, the color would be green, tan and/or brown rather than pink. Well... I don't know.. maybe pink would work in contrast with the terrain.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post

Won't happen IMO - the track layout for the Grizzly coaster is supposed to be based on that for Everest...would be too similar to have both in one park.
    Down with the Hat

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Won't happen IMO - the track layout for the Grizzly coaster is supposed to be based on that for Everest...would be too similar to have both in one park.
    I was thinking the same thing when I came up with a possible solution. We both posted at about the same time, and you didn't see the post which landed directly ahead of yours (mine being post #11), tasman. It wouldn't be any big deal varying the layout of the track, ie. "trail".

• HKDL fan

Disney should make Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point exclusive to HKDL.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post

Looking at the concept art, not much looks similar to Everest.

Everest doesn't have as much of an outdoor section, only 1 (massive) AA, and no launch.

I don't know what's necesarily on the inside, but the main similarilties are the fact they're both roller coasters.

one hundred and one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast