• Watch Your Language

Annual Pass for Shenzhen and GuangZhou

HKDL is considering the issuance of Annual Pass to Mainland Chinese residing in the city of Shenzhen and GuangZhou.

Currently, AP is only available for those in Hong Kong SAR.

by introducing Annual Passes to those residing in GuangDong Province, they are trying to make them visit HKDL a multiple times per year.

Re: Annual Pass for Shenzhen and GuangZhou

Can people outside of HK afford that?

Quote Originally Posted by meekobiscuit View Post
    Can people outside of HK afford that?
    your kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrizMarc View Post
    your kidding right?
    Ok, I sounded really ignorant when I said that. Let me explain my thought process that prompted me to say that.

I was just going off of what I know about Shenzhen and Guangzhou and their "urban villages" or slums, for lack of a better world. With industry growing at such a rapid rate in these cities, these cities need workers and they are attracting many migrant workers from further inland and exploiting them with poor wages and poor working conditions. I just assumed that the bulk of the population in these areas would be the poor people who don't have the type of disposable income that we, in the West, are accustomed to. I could be wrong, but I'm sure there's a huge disparity between the people in these areas who have $$ and those who don't.

When I went to HK, I was there for business and I met a lady who worked for a factory in Guangzhou. This lady was basically the manager of the factory, but she was telling me about the issues she had with her meager salary. She conveyed to me that she was one of the luckier people because she had business dealings with people outside of China, who paid her in foreign currency. We met at the Hollywood Hotel and she told me how Disneyland was considered a luxury.

I did forget to take into consideration that China is the most populous country in the world (duh!). So maybe HKDL has calculated that there are enough rich people in the areas surrounding HK to afford annual passes. Although, HK's population is considerably less than that of the Southern California metropolitan area. I think HK is around 7 million and all of soCal is about 15 million I think...

Additionally, I wasn't sure if China has eased its travel restrictions for its citizens traveling from province to province. In communist China, people don't have the luxury of going from city to city without being watched and documented. I just assumed that people with modest means wouldn't want to deal with being hassled by Big Brother. Maybe travel between GZ, SZ & HK has been made easier??

Also, HK and China in general is so rich in culture and there is just so much to see and do to keep yourselves entertained (even compared to L.A., where I'm from), I didn't really think that the Chinese populous would consider a theme park to be something that would be a good thing to invest their hard earned money on. Maybe I'm wrong.

I can say this though, I don't remember how much it was, but I was tempted to get an annual pass for HKDL when I went because it was so darn cheap, compared to our annual passes here!!!

• You have much to learn...

I could be wrong about the price- but my friend is going to Hong Kong in less than a month & did purchase an annual pass since it only cost like $86- it may be a little more or less since he may be staying for a few days & said it came out much cheaper than buying daily passes.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    HKDL is considering the issuance of Annual Pass to Mainland Chinese residing in the city of Shenzhen and GuangZhou.
    It makes sense and sounds like a good idea with their close proximity to HKDL. My wife used to live in Shenzhen, and I've visited a few times. There are plenty of people in Shenzhen who can afford Disney. The business part of Shenzhen is very nice.