• Sock Puppet

No more Pyro for Golden Mickeys?

Hey Everyone,

Been an observer of this forum for a while now, newly based in HK and visited HKDL probably couple dozen times since it opened, but last few times I've been there I've noticed the pyro is gone for Golden Mickeys.

Usually during the BATB part, beast steps back, pyro, changes to the man and also finale there's blasts out of the side of the stage towards end of the song. But now, the beast just retracts to the back, no pyro, then steps forward again and it looks really really awkward. Anyone know the reasoning behind this as it really affects the quality of the show in my opinion. Was there an accident or sth?
    Thanks.

DMAN

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: No more Pyro for Golden Mickeys?

Welcome to MC dman383! I myself visit HKDL frequently once a week, i too have noticed this sudden change. if you sit at the side of the hall you can clearly see the beast move left behind the curtain as the 'man' slips in. hopefully this will change, it changes the 'awe' factor of that scene.

Sounds like Disney is cutting back on expenses is my guess. You ought to ask a cast member at the Golden Mickeys to find out. Sometimes, they hear rumors why that is the case or it gets announced in their daily memo.

I remember they had an accident few months ago with the show pyro, a performer get burnt. And they cut the effect ever since.

• Sock Puppet

yah, the only reasoning i could think of would be an accident that happened during the show, hopefully the injury wasn't serious.
    however, the whole show and beauty scene just isnt teh same without the pyro so hope they can add it back soon.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

What a shame!

It was still there when I visited last year:

I suppose the finale (as above) could get away with some additional light effects. Surely they should use some smoke or something to mask the change over during the BATB scene!

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Sock Puppet

hey guys, just visited park again today and had decent crowds for regular weekend sunday.

anyhow, i noticed they finally made a change during the switch part from beast to prince during golden mickeys. instead of retreating back and walking forward as beast entire time, instead of pyro, they have the dancers block the middle to allow for switch to the prince which is still not as cool as fireworks effect but better than before.

i wonder if the golden mickeys on dcl has also gotten rid of the pyro.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by dman383 View Post
    anyhow, i noticed they finally made a change during the switch part from beast to prince during golden mickeys. instead of retreating back and walking forward as beast entire time, instead of pyro, they have the dancers block the middle to allow for switch to the prince which is still not as cool as fireworks effect but better than before.
    Glad to see they've done something to mask the change.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris