• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Possible name change?

Hello, recently i've noticed that most of the new merchandise at the park and hotels are being labeled as "Disneyland Hong Kong". The HKDL official logo is still being used but this started about October and has been going ever since and im just curious if this will replace the official logo of the park like DLP did. I took some pics to show you:

Disneyland Hong Kong tee

"Kingdom Gifts shop" in HKDL Hotel with new items on display.

I asked one of the CMs at the Emporium and he said that most of the new merchandise will have this logo instead of the old one and the new logo as also already appeared on many new pins, i'll try to weave that into my end of May TR. I pretty much like the old one, it looks more.....classy. The new one is just meh.

• Banned User

Re: Possible name change?

I dislike it. A lot!

• Cool Yule

Seems odd to do that, its not a worth while change (unlike EuroDisneyland to Disneyland Paris) to actually warrant them doing it. If they were changing drastically to something like "Disneyland South China" or some other bizarre title, then maybe. It'd still be stupid though.

I wonder, is it just a relocation of "Hong Kong" to better suit that cityscape logo?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The Study of Wumbo

The logo? Not so much. The name? Eh. I don't think it's that big of a deal. But it is very possible that they just rearranged it for those graphics. I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, I'd have recommended the title of this thread be "Possible resort name change?" because on first glance I though this would be you asking the mods for a user name adjustment. Just a word of advice.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Koubu Pilot

Well, you would normally put the last name before the given name over there, though that doesn't usually happen with foreign names.

• HKDL fan

I don't think there's going to be a name change.

To me, it is only another series of merchandise and this series have this logo as the theme. That's it, no big fuss.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by josh_kslow View Post
    I don't think there's going to be a name change.

To me, it is only another series of merchandise and this series have this logo as the theme. That's it, no big fuss.
    I wouldn't be worried if this logo hadn't appeared on almost every merchandise (Xmas, Halloween, CNY). Theres only one type of cap available with the old logo while there are 3 types of caps with the new logo. Even the umbrellas are being labelled with this logo! Many Tees, pins, cushions also bear this logo now.

I wanted to buy the big proper umbrellas finally last month with the old classy logo but unfortunately it was changed to this one and looked excessively cheap.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Also, I'd have recommended the title of this thread be "Possible resort name change?" because on first glance I though this would be you asking the mods for a user name adjustment. Just a word of advice.
    Ah i see your point, i'll ask the Moderators to change it.

• Cool Yule

Lets just hope its a phase they're going though.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney