Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HKDL May TR

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL May TR

Hello fellow MChatters, this is my May TR featuring many pics of all four lands and some of the construction going on for Toy Story Land specifically as it seems that construction has sorta come to a halt on Mystic and Grizzly. Unfortunately Tarzan Treehouse has been in refurb for a month till 4th of June (I'll be there to take pics) and the HKDLR still goes backwards to Fantasyland due to construction for the TSL walkway. And also, my photos can be found on Flickr: HKDLFAN's Photostream as i haven't posted ALL the pics I took on the MC boards. Enjoy!

Lets start off with a snippet of the HKDL Hotel:

Over to the car park (keeping in mind it was 10:30 am on a monday, so there aren't many cars)

The park promenade

HKDL entrance and HKDLR Station

Heavy crowds on a weekday!

HKDLR Station

Entrance to Main St.

Here you leave today.....

Main Street U.S.A

NEW MERCHANDISE!

Plaza Inn

Muppet mobile Lab

Sleeping Beauty Castle

Part 2: Fantasyland coming up soon!

• Minion

Re: HKDL May TR

Thanks for posting! It's great to have a fellow forumer in HK posting regular TRs.
    Down with the Hat

• The Study of Wumbo

Thanks a bunch. I've never seen these views before. I could use a better idea of what HKDL is like.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

It's funny for me (a native of Disneyland California) to see mountains behind the castle! Ha ha!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Thanks for the comments, and yes Ghost Galaxy, this Main St. looks a lot like the one at CA. The turrets look light blue at day and then dark blue at noon---> afternoon, Does this also work with the Disneyland CA castle?

FANTASYLAND

A look at the castle

Snow White Grotto in the distance

Pooh Corner

FL Train Station

Fantasy Gardens

Fantasy Gardens cont'd

The smiling band

IASW

The unnecessary long queue

Lets go take a look at where that HORRID music is coming from....

AND TSL is finally under construction! If that hideous crane jerks out like that then the ghastly structure of the green army men drop thing MUST give someone a stroke.

And work is being done on the pathway to TSL...

Sorry for the overload of pics but there are MORE in my flickr page (see first post) so feel free to check em out

Part 3 Adventureland coming up!

Thanks for the many pictures. Can't wait to see more. HKDL is indeed a very beautiful park. Although I'm not a fan of the MK style Fantasyland, I prefere DLRP's Fantasyland, it looks better than the one in the MK.

I'm so sorry for this beautiful park that it gets TSPL. The rides look ugly at WDS in Paris and I'm sure it will look uglier in a Disneyland Park.

I hope one day we will make it to Hong Kong.

• Minion

ORDDU: Very nice photographs, dear heart. Never appologize for taking too many. There can never be too many pictures.

ORWEN: Why is the train only going half way around the park? I forget the reason that was told to us before.

• Pongo is my hero.

HKDL Hotel looks like the poor man's Grand Floridian. :/ Why is this?

Anyways, great TR! Always nice to see HKDL!

one hundred and one

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Fantastic photo's once again HKDLFAN.

I love the new merchandise with the Adventureland and World Cup designs. I made a promise that I wouldn't return until all expansion was finished. But I'm considering breaking that promise now. Love this park.

But on the other hand cranes visable from Fantasyland WTF. So this ugly TSL will not only destroy the views in Adventureland but now also Fantasyland. This addition is really going to have a negative impact on the feel and look of this small but beautiful park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Fantastic photo's once again HKDLFAN.

I love the new merchandise with the Adventureland and World Cup designs. I made a promise that I wouldn't return until all expansion was finished. But I'm considering breaking that promise now. Love this park.

But on the other hand cranes visable from Fantasyland WTF. So this ugly TSL will not only destroy the views in Adventureland but now also Fantasyland. This addition is really going to have a negative impact on the feel and look of this small but beautiful park.
    Thanks, HKDL is so underrated here in HK. Just today there was another article in the newspaper criticizing HKDLs fingerprinting system. And about the crane, yeah its ugly but even worse, its visible from the hub when it stands upright and THAT is really WTF.

My adventureland and Tmrland pics will be up in an hour, this pc is driving me NUTS :<

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Very nice photographs, dear heart. Never appologize for taking too many. There can never be too many pictures.

ORWEN: Why is the train only going half way around the park? I forget the reason that was told to us before.
    Thanks witches, The train goes half way because of the apparent construction of TSL walkway and for the Mystic Point landscaping/foliage.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    HKDL Hotel looks like the poor man's Grand Floridian. :/ Why is this?

Anyways, great TR! Always nice to see HKDL!
    Thanks! I think its just my bad photography skills, I rushed the hotel shots completely, i promise i will take better ones. The hotel really looks great otherwise.
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 05-28-2010 at 03:42 AM.

• World Traveler

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

• Minion

ORWEN: I thought they had already finished working on the bridge/walkway to Mystic Manor, based on some pictures we had seen from months ago. From what you're saying, HKDLFAN, duckling, they must be doing even more work on it that keeps the train from running its fully circle tour.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I thought they had already finished working on the bridge/walkway to Mystic Manor, based on some pictures we had seen from months ago. From what you're saying, HKDLFAN, duckling, they must be doing even more work on it that keeps the train from running its fully circle tour.
    That walkway was built around 2 years ago, theres supposed to be a new bridge in Fantasyland leading into TSL. They must've cleared a lot of trees since Tarzan Treehouse closed down so im in ANTICIPATION for its opening in a week

ADVENTURELAND

Lets go to Jungle River Cruise for a change...

Epic Finale

Ingenius way of renovating a building...

I love this view of Adventureland with the mountains in the background

Part 4 Tomorrowland coming up!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

TOMORROWLAND

Thats it for now, I'll be there next week for the reopening of Tarzan Treehouse and hopefully there will be a better view of the construction as many trees have been cleared out. I'll also try to take pics of the two shows at HKDL and the WaterWorks Parade. I think as many pics I take, they wont do HKDL justice because the atmosphere is really what makes up for it. I think this park really deserves at least a visit or two. Enjoy!
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 05-29-2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

More pics:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast