Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

New 5th Anniversary Parade

Steve Davison has let the cat out of the bag so to speak during a recent interview with the In the Parks Blog from MiceChat.

MC: What is your next big project?

SD: I have three actually. I am working on the 2 new Parades, one for Disneyland and the 5th Anniversary for Hong Kong. On top of that, I am doing an exciting new version of Fantasmic! in the round at Tokyo DisneySea.
    http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/in-...tter-more.html

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: New 5th Anniversary Parade

Awesome! Sadly no mention of a 40th Anniversary Parade for the Magic Kingdom

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• The Study of Wumbo

I got really excited for HKDL when I read this.

And thanks for bumming me out, Travis.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• let's talk Disney, okay!

they should do a re-imagined version of Light Magic!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    they should do a re-imagined version of Light Magic!

If ICe101 sees that idea, he'll be furious!
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Surfin the net with Duffy

You never know, it could work for a different audience, also throw in Tinker Bell LOL!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post

If ICe101 sees that idea, he'll be furious!
    Well, yeah. Thats not the best idea especially for a park like Hong Kong Disneyland.

The park needs a more cohesive daytime parade. Parade of Dreams would have been perfect for this park.

But more importantly, the park absolute, desperately needs a nighttime show of some sort. I think a new version of Fantillusion with newer technology would be absolutely amazing in the park!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Thanks a lot!! Its great to know HKDL is offering an arsenal of events in such a small time (Summer--->5th anniversary--->Halloween).

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Depending on how good this parade turns out. I may need to drop by Hong Kong for a few days on the next trip out to Tokyo next year. Steve Davison's work is without question outstanding. I just hope Hong Kong Disneyland has given him a decent budget to work with here. Although judging from Mickey's WaterWorks and the Halloween Parade. This park understands what needs to be done to put on a good show.

But more importantly, the park absolute, desperately needs a nighttime show of some sort.
    The park already has the Disney in the Stars Fireworks Show. Which is performed nightly upon park closing!

Awesome! Sadly no mention of a 40th Anniversary Parade for the Magic Kingdom
    I was under the impression the Magic Kingdom was going to use Parade of Dreams from Disneyland as the next Parade?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The park already has the Disney in the Stars Fireworks Show. Which is performed nightly upon park closing!
    While the fireworks are nice, yes, they are quite limited, which is why every other Disneyland style park features fireworks and some other form of live nighttime entertainment. I feel that TDL's Fantillusion and Hong Kong Disneyland would be a match made in heaven.

I was under the impression the Magic Kingdom was going to use Parade of Dreams from Disneyland as the next Parade?
    Nope, the Parade of Dream floats were trashed way back in April/May of 2009.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Parade of Dreams would have been perfect for this park.
    Certainly would have been - great idea.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

Steve Davison has let the cat out of the bag so to speak during a recent interview with the In the Parks Blog from MiceChat.

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/in-...tter-more.html
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Steve did not do C!ASP right?? If he didn't do it, DL should be getting a good new parade!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Steve did not do C!ASP right?? If he didn't do it, DL should be getting a good new parade!
    No he didn't do C!RAP! That is the work of the Penny Counters.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

I wonder if a new proper parade will be enough to get me to go back? Might wait for the rest of the expansion before considering a return trip to HK. Maybe a stopover on the way up to Tokyo?

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    While the fireworks are nice, yes, they are quite limited, which is why every other Disneyland style park features fireworks and some other form of live nighttime entertainment. I feel that TDL's Fantillusion and Hong Kong Disneyland would be a match made in heaven.
    You do know TDL's Fantillusion was sent to Paris a few years ago, where it performs in a very edited (read shorter) version than that seen in Tokyo.
    However, I think what they needed to do was send the MSEP to HKDL (now that DCA has WOC) and have a brand new audience see this spectacular (if outdated) little parade. But NO! They had to place it back at WDW.. as competition for Harry Potter. Like sending an ant to fight Goliath!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast