• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDLFAN's Summer Update!

Hello again! I was at the debut of 'Stitch's Summer Hangout' yesterday and managed to take more than 100 pics as I promised in my previous expansion update. Keep in mind that I will be at the park again this week to take pics of WaterWorks and Oasis party: Wild Rhythms (which is a fire show) as my exams are FINISHED

Every one of my updates will start off with the usual...

A very gloomy day

New banners are up

The train goes backwards.....still.....

Stitch's Summer Dance Bash!

Look closely and you'll be able to see the neck of the guy wearing the Genie costume

New Merchandise for Summer

Toy Story 3!

People scrambling to get a gold Mickey cut-out

A display made entirely out of flowers

Lets go over to Tomorrowland

Buzz lightyear's TL Intergalactic party was a total let down. HSM, Hanna Montana and rock music was playing all over Tomorrowland!

Tomorrowland iCafe

Lets take a look at whats going on at the SBC hub...

Never before seen characters at HKDL!

Carl and Russel with a friend of mine

I adore this display

Some High-Res pics before we descend into Fantasyland...

There wasn't much summer fun here

What a terribly gloomy day to take pics

Awesome sand sculpture

Time for some Adventure

Hang Loose Camp with the most refreshing drink ever

The Stage for Jungle Boogie Fun and Wild Rhythms

Shall we see some, dare I say, construction?

Sigh...nothing new

Some new development

Festival of the Lion King

A fun and entertaining little show "Jungle Boogie Fun"

Thats it for now, remember more pics can be found at: HKDLFAN's photosets on Flickr

I'll be back in a weeks time with more pics from the Summer event and HOPEFULLY its gonna be a blue sky... This year's summer is a big improvement over last years despite the harrowing music in Tomorrowland but I personally cant wait for the 5th anniversary event, a new attraction and parade have already been confirmed!

Enjoy!

• Minion

Re: HKDLFAN's Summer Update!

ORWEN: Thank you again for so many nice pictures to look at, duckling! I must say it looks really strange to see all those Pixar characters coming out of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I say the Incredibles belong over in Tomorrowland where things are more futuristic.

ORDDU: One would think they could open up the castle over there for a Sleeping Beauty walk-thru attraction like they have in Anaheim, CA. Perhaps some day they will.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I have to say despite the rather gloomy weather. The park looks beautiful and very colourful. I love all the decorations and wow a real sand sculpture.

I like the fact they are introducing new Characters to the park too. Disneyland Paris recently attempted this under the name New Generation Festival. Not only does the name suck but all the characters except Princess Tiana are old characters that have been used for years. Hong Kong has on the other hand actually introduced new never before seen in the parks Characters.

Just one nit pick involving the Genie. Seeing the performers neck is rather bad show. Anyway thanks for the pictures HKDLFAN. Hope you enjoy all the Summer entertainment.

One would think they could open up the castle over there for a Sleeping Beauty walk-thru attraction like they have in Anaheim, CA. Perhaps some day they will.
    I like the idea to this. Tony Baxter did a great job on restoring this walk-thru to the Disneyland castle. Adding it to Hong Kong Disneyland would give Guest's a bit of classic Disney history. I know space does exist, maybe one day.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Absolutely wonderful photos again, HKDLFAN.

As Malin said, the sheer amount of colour in this summer display really makes the park pop against that familiar grey Hong Kong sky. The detail on the displays, such as that Stitch floral arrangement you've highlighted, is especially excellent. It is also really good to see so many characters as part of this new parade, although I can't help but notice most of the 'new' characters (The Incredibles, Carl and Russell, Mike and Sully) are all Pixar Then again, we're all one big happy family now!

The sheer amount of Stitch is welcome to my eyes, and reminds me of Tokyo Disney Resort (and Japan generally). Stitch appears to be massive over there, which cost me a fortune, and he seems to be making waves in Hong Kong too.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with all these photos, HKDLFAN. Between you and my own 'spies', I almost feel as though I'm there!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Bucket List Car

Very wonderful photos, despite the gloomy day!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Thanks for the comments guys, i found a video of the short yet entertaining show "Wild Rhythms".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBClm5YCr4&translated=1]YouTube - HKDL - ????; Wild Rhythms in ,Adventureland[/ame]

• Banned User

Very cool report, and I can't wait to visit HKDL this monday or tuesday and see it all in person. Plus, thanks for posting all those pics, which means now, I don't have to post any of mine. Hehehe. Thanks again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Very cool report, and I can't wait to visit HKDL this monday or tuesday and see it all in person. Plus, thanks for posting all those pics, which means now, I don't have to post any of mine. Hehehe. Thanks again.
    Your welcome, hope you have a great day! And do post a TR please, you TRs are always entertaining.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Jeez! Why can't HKDL be closer! Love the pictures and all the Stitch merchandise ... need to get my hands on one of those shirts.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, i found a video of the short yet entertaining show "Wild Rhythms".

YouTube - HKDL - ????; Wild Rhythms in ,Adventureland
    I also found a video of the show Adventureland Oasis Party from YouTube Member GundamXDivider

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUeNzGJPBoM&playnext_from=TL&videos=LSIQyH RHKyg]YouTube - ??????????????-?????[/ame]

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great photos! Always enjoy seeing photos and updates from Hong Kong Disneyland. Thanks for posting them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Great photos! Always enjoy seeing photos and updates from Hong Kong Disneyland. Thanks for posting them.
    Your welcome! Apparently there is going to be a Halloween daytime parade along with the night one according to a CM i talked to yesterday for the 5th anniversary which will drag out till the opening of "phase 1" as he called it. Expect an announcement of some sort by the end of August.