Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Thanks for the link Timmy

• Minion FOREVER!

Timmy, thank you for the link!

The parachute drop (like I suspected) isn't too bad ( the camouflage really helps). OTOH, the RC racer is quite an eyesore.

Nice to see the bamboo growing so fast!

Mystic Pointe looks HUGE!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

A new video from YouTube user michael20183 is now available for the 26th of April.

• Not here to help

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORGOCH: Could ya repeat that Timmy, ducklin'? I didn't hear ya!

• Not here to help

Im shouting as loud as I can but I am in Orlando wilderness at the moment.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORWEN: Watch out and be careful, Timmy, duckling! If you're in the Orlando Wilderness right now you're in the same area as a certain nasty old biddy who's busy hunting for frogs! Don't let her turn you into one!

ORDDU: We hope you're having yourself a splendid time, dear. Thank you for your latest update on Hong Kong.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

An update on expansion:

http://www.youtube.com/user/michael20183

Such a shame how Toy Story Land occupies almost as much (more possibly) space as Grizzly Gulch and is nearly double the size of Mystic Point. Despite that, the Green Army Men Parachute Tower should provide great views of the expansion.

• Minion

ORWEN: Thank you for letting us know about this, HKDLFAN, duckling! We just conjured the whole thing up inside our crystal ball and enjoyed seeing the progress.

ORDDU: Indeed! It would appear that the show building for Mystic Manor is up by now. (Or is it something else I was looking at behind all that scaffolding?) At any rate, once these 3 areas of the park have been completed, Hong Kong Disneyland will be able to claim that it's a full day park, a witch would imagine.

ORGOCH: Got reservations an' time off from work ta go?

ORWEN: I'll have to check with our boss at 'Brooms to Go'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post

ORDDU: At any rate, once these 3 areas of the park have been completed, Hong Kong Disneyland will be able to claim that it's a full day park, a witch would imagine.
    Words as magical as Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo or Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, "full day park." Still seems so far away though. Even then, still exciting.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Im quite sure that with just Toy Story Land, HKDL could be considered as a full day park. From what I know, the locals feel HKDL needs just about 2 or 3 attractions for it to be considered a proper theme park and Toy Story Land, however hideous it may be, gives 3 "thrill rides". So by the time Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor open, HKDL could possibly be a 1.5/2 day park.

Chinese press reports said Toy Story Land will open in November. That means after the Halloween event.

I think the feeling in general is that HKDL is more suited to young children (<10). There are not enough exciting rides for teens and adults. Space Mountain is about the only exciting ride.

• Banned User

Just my quick realization....

I was looking at some pictures and artwork from Disneyland Paris' opening back in 1992. From the looks of it, there was more to do in Disneyland Paris at opening then there will be at Hong Kong Disneyland even after the expansion!

It's really beyond me how they went about this expansion in the first place. I don't understand the urge to add new lands when the ones that are already available are nearly empty. Fantasyland has just 2 real rides (It's a Small World, and The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh). Instead of going with Toy Story Playland, why not go with the full-proofed Peter Pan's Flight (and why this wasn't the only Fantasyland dark ride is again, totally incomprehensible), Pinocchio's Daring Journey, or Snow White Scary Adventures.

Tomorrowland could use the new Star Tours 3D, as well as another large scale attraction.

Adventureland lacks any adventure what so ever. Jungle River Cruise is just that....a cruise, and where is the Adventure in that. Festival of the Lion King is just a show and the Tarzan Tree House is less than spectacular. Where is Pirates of the Caribbean!? Why not add Indiana Jones or even Raging Spirits for thrill seekers. Mystic Manor could have been an excellent transition from Adventureland to Fantasyland as well!

Grizzly Gulch is truly the only land I can see as being a good idea for the moment. In fact, it should be expanded on with maybe a water ride or the forgotten "Gyser Mountain".

But that's my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Just my quick realization....

I was looking at some pictures and artwork from Disneyland Paris' opening back in 1992. From the looks of it, there was more to do in Disneyland Paris at opening then there will be at Hong Kong Disneyland even after the expansion!

It's really beyond me how they went about this expansion in the first place. I don't understand the urge to add new lands when the ones that are already available are nearly empty. Fantasyland has just 2 real rides (It's a Small World, and The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh). Instead of going with Toy Story Playland, why not go with the full-proofed Peter Pan's Flight (and why this wasn't the only Fantasyland dark ride is again, totally incomprehensible), Pinocchio's Daring Journey, or Snow White Scary Adventures.

Tomorrowland could use the new Star Tours 3D, as well as another large scale attraction.

Adventureland lacks any adventure what so ever. Jungle River Cruise is just that....a cruise, and where is the Adventure in that. Festival of the Lion King is just a show and the Tarzan Tree House is less than spectacular. Where is Pirates of the Caribbean!? Why not add Indiana Jones or even Raging Spirits for thrill seekers. Mystic Manor could have been an excellent transition from Adventureland to Fantasyland as well!

Grizzly Gulch is truly the only land I can see as being a good idea for the moment. In fact, it should be expanded on with maybe a water ride or the forgotten "Gyser Mountain".

But that's my 2 cents...
    Much agreed on all counts.

HKDL does not even have decent C ticket attractions.

What we have is too much effort on what they think the local market wants. Of course, that's important, but clearly there's a misunderstanding about the market.

First is the assumption that locals only know the new characters. HK residents are not the only market for HKDL. Many of us come from the surrounding countries. A visit on any day should be proof of that.

Classic rides, are classics for a reason. Disney storytelling is pretty universal. They should trust their own work.

Three new rides, and I will ride them, will make it a full-day park, but mostly because they'll probably be low capacity.

Me? I just want an Omnimover based ride. Not that I'm wishing for Mystic Manor to turn into one.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Much agreed on all counts.

HKDL does not even have decent C ticket attractions.

What we have is too much effort on what they think the local market wants. Of course, that's important, but clearly there's a misunderstanding about the market.

First is the assumption that locals only know the new characters. HK residents are not the only market for HKDL. Many of us come from the surrounding countries. A visit on any day should be proof of that.

Classic rides, are classics for a reason. Disney storytelling is pretty universal. They should trust their own work.

Three new rides, and I will ride them, will make it a full-day park, but mostly because they'll probably be low capacity.

Me? I just want an Omnimover based ride. Not that I'm wishing for Mystic Manor to turn into one.
    I'm convinced Disney has upped their game with HKDL and will continue to make good rides like those that will be in MM and GG. TSL maybe horrid but it serves as a 'filler' and 'crowd bringer' due to its popular brand name and rides that solely classify as thrill rides - what the Mainlanders and locals want most. What's definetly reassuring is that TSL WILL bring lots of people in.

If Disney is willing to have a great composer as Danny Elfman, work on a ride in a ride NOT in the U.S, it must mean they're serious about HKDL's future. I don't believe Disney has hired a more distinguished composer for any other ride they have (Star Tours doesn't really count) so that's saying a lot.

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast