Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Just my quick realization....

I was looking at some pictures and artwork from Disneyland Paris' opening back in 1992. From the looks of it, there was more to do in Disneyland Paris at opening then there will be at Hong Kong Disneyland even after the expansion!

It's really beyond me how they went about this expansion in the first place. I don't understand the urge to add new lands when the ones that are already available are nearly empty. Fantasyland has just 2 real rides (It's a Small World, and The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh). Instead of going with Toy Story Playland, why not go with the full-proofed Peter Pan's Flight (and why this wasn't the only Fantasyland dark ride is again, totally incomprehensible), Pinocchio's Daring Journey, or Snow White Scary Adventures.

Tomorrowland could use the new Star Tours 3D, as well as another large scale attraction.

Adventureland lacks any adventure what so ever. Jungle River Cruise is just that....a cruise, and where is the Adventure in that. Festival of the Lion King is just a show and the Tarzan Tree House is less than spectacular. Where is Pirates of the Caribbean!? Why not add Indiana Jones or even Raging Spirits for thrill seekers. Mystic Manor could have been an excellent transition from Adventureland to Fantasyland as well!

Grizzly Gulch is truly the only land I can see as being a good idea for the moment. In fact, it should be expanded on with maybe a water ride or the forgotten "Gyser Mountain".

But that's my 2 cents...
    This is the reason concerning me also. Adventure land is having only 1 ride. I remembered the first time I went to HKDL and searched for Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan Flight, Pirate of the Carribean..... and I surprised that there was nothing..... Anyway, HKDL will never stop growing and expanse bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    I'm convinced Disney has upped their game with HKDL and will continue to make good rides like those that will be in MM and GG. TSL maybe horrid but it serves as a 'filler' and 'crowd bringer' due to its popular brand name and rides that solely classify as thrill rides - what the Mainlanders and locals want most. What's definetly reassuring is that TSL WILL bring lots of people in.

If Disney is willing to have a great composer as Danny Elfman, work on a ride in a ride NOT in the U.S, it must mean they're serious about HKDL's future. I don't believe Disney has hired a more distinguished composer for any other ride they have (Star Tours doesn't really count) so that's saying a lot.
    Agreed as well.

I'm so agreeable. Not fickle. I guess conflicted as well.

Definitely excited about Danny Elfman onboard for Mystic Manor. That was a huge surprise. Again, hopefully a nod to Grim Grinning Ghosts would be the cherry on top.

They're stepping up and they should because apart from hopefully seeing the Halloween (easily from what I see, HKDL's best experience), I'm more looking forward to the expansions in OP that are supposed to open this year. I loved what they did with the pandas. Slightly OT, but that's the competition.

I hope to get the same thrill and envy I feel when I see the LM ride in DCA progress as we inch towards Grizzly Gulch.

I'm definitely happy that HKDL is growing. But I feel more than little jealous that our little Disney park that could, could really do more. Maybe not TDL level of having nearly the best of everything. But it's a step in the right direction nonetheless.

I partly wish that the fairy godmother or the three good fairies would just wave their magic wands and finish up the work much quickly. Or have a musical number whisk the time away. But waiting is part of the fun.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Wouldja settle fer 3 old hags recitin' encantations ev'ry day ta make things go faster over there?

ORWEN: (Gasp!) You know our magic doesn't work that way, old biddy! We're not allowed to cast ANY kind of spells for the benefit of the REAL world. And watch out who you call a 'hag'! You may be one but I'm not!!

ORGOCH: Just be glad I didn't call ya somethin' WORSE, ya old saggy baggy nag!!!

(Sounds of smackings and whackings followed by moans and groans...)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    This is the reason concerning me also. Adventure land is having only 1 ride. I remembered the first time I went to HKDL and searched for Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan Flight, Pirate of the Carribean..... and I surprised that there was nothing..... Anyway, HKDL will never stop growing and expanse bigger.
    Not only will Adventureland have one ride, Grizzly Gulch will have 1 ride, Mystic Point will have just one ride, Fantasyland will still have just 2, and Tomorrowland will be the jam packed area of the park with 3 major rides!

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, Adventureland may not have more than one ride, thus far, but it has a total of 3 attractions at least. I know that's not much to crow about but it helps to round out the roster just a little bit.

ORGOCH: Yeah, a REAL little bit! They ain't even really finished buildin' the puny little park, yet, an' until they does I ain't 'bout ta waste a broom stick ride over ta Ping Pong Dizzyland!

ORWEN: I wonder how the guests over there would feel about us offering to give them a broomstick flight over Hong Kong? We could call it Soarin' over Hong Kong!!

ORGOCH: With a broomstick like yers we'd have ta call in 'Snorin' over Ping Pong' 'cause yer broken down toothpick ain't been workin' right in years!! It cain't begin ta pick yer fat butt off the ground and the poor, worn out splinter that's left ain't 'bout ta lift up nobody else!

(More sounds of smackings and whackings followed by more moans and groans.)

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Much agreed on all counts.

HKDL does not even have decent C ticket attractions.

What we have is too much effort on what they think the local market wants. Of course, that's important, but clearly there's a misunderstanding about the market.

First is the assumption that locals only know the new characters. HK residents are not the only market for HKDL. Many of us come from the surrounding countries. A visit on any day should be proof of that.

Classic rides, are classics for a reason. Disney storytelling is pretty universal. They should trust their own work.

Three new rides, and I will ride them, will make it a full-day park, but mostly because they'll probably be low capacity.

Me? I just want an Omnimover based ride. Not that I'm wishing for Mystic Manor to turn into one.
    HKDL has Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Teacups, Autopia, Orbitron, Rafts and even a copy of the oldest Disneyland castle there is. It has not helped the ark at all. Infact many say that why should they go to a park that doesn´t have anyting else to offer than a bunch copys of rides that has been around for about 50 years.

Now and then some guys in here claim that rides like Toad and Peoplemover would the park a favour... just like now I totally disagree.
    Out with the old! bring HKDL to life!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post

Now and then some guys in here claim that rides like Toad and Peoplemover would the park a favour... just like now I totally disagree.
    Out with the old! bring HKDL to life!
    The general disagreement comes from a difference in perspective of what HKDL should be.

Should it be a park that targets sage Disney buffs? Or the general public? No clear answer naturally.

There really isn't much for US/European/Japanse fans to travel over here. But I feel the core issue is that there isn't much for the locals to return to.

MM & GG are great because they address both needs. New stuff for everyone, but still rooted in old favorites to get the Disneyland feel. In an ideal world, we'll get all the new stuff.

But we're not TDL. We're not even, to use the dated term, Euro Disney.

I won't complain in HKDL comes to life the way Timmy envisions it, because that will be indeed awesome.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

I hope to god Mystic Manor or Big Grizzly Mountain don't make it to the US, Paris or Tokyo. It's not like they need anything more at all save for Walt Disney Studios Paris. I hope these rides remain in HK along with anything else HKDL makes in the future so that HKDL has its own attraction for people.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Not only will Adventureland have one ride, Grizzly Gulch will have 1 ride, Mystic Point will have just one ride, Fantasyland will still have just 2, and Tomorrowland will be the jam packed area of the park with 3 major rides!
    Yeah, Why don't they put the Grizzly ride and Mystic Manor in Adventureland?

Dumbo, Teacup, obitron, and Cinderella carousel are traditional attraction and it can find somewhere in other theme park.

HKDL needs some rides to attract more customers. It does not mean that HKDL need to have special rides like mystic manor or grizzy trail. Just some traditional rides like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom did. Haunted Mansion, Pirate, Peterpan's flight, Snowwhite adventure,... are enough... Since they opened Disneyland Paris, it included all these attractions....

Actually I hope to see a few rides in HKDL featuring Marvel characters like Spider-Man, Iron Man and X-Men or even the upcoming Avengers. These are popular franchises, movies are being made about them still and they will attract lots of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    I hope to god Mystic Manor or Big Grizzly Mountain don't make it to the US, Paris or Tokyo. It's not like they need anything more at all save for Walt Disney Studios Paris. I hope these rides remain in HK along with anything else HKDL makes in the future so that HKDL has its own attraction for people.
    Aren't they park exclusives for X number of years or something? Four or five years.

I'm more worried about TDL or Shanghai getting these attractions since HKDL, as the 2nd of 3 Asia parks, might develop a severe case of middle-child syndrome.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Uploaded 12 hours ago:

Towards the very end of the video theres a view of the Grizzly Gulch area from the Treehouse and the mountain does look quite big.
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 06-04-2011 at 10:12 AM.

• Minion

ORWEN: Thank you again, HKDLFAN, duckling. We enjoy these updates.

ORGOCH: Yeah. Looks like they's ahead a schedule with some things. Befer ya knows it, yer all gonna' be screamin' like little girls on that Grizzly mine train ride. Cain't wait ta hear that!

ORDDU: In the meantime, we can hardly wait to learn what's next for further expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland. A witch would think a Star Tours attraction would fit neatly into their Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

Big Grizzly Mine Train looks like it will be phenomenal. Very excited for it! And I'm sure we'll hear more about the new additions at the D23 Expo

• Not here to help

TSPL is like bucket of cold water in your face while you are sleeping
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast