Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

•   

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

I didn't realize these elements had not been added yet since their design in 2003 at WDI. Fantastic carving in wood and stone subjects. It's great that they are adding some kind of a Fronteirland even if it's a lower level, less than an E design from the other parks. That will make theirs different from TDL,PDL,DL,WDW.

ScreamScape reports that WDI talked to Cirque du Soleil about building a theatre with a CdS show in HKDL's Downtown Disney.

I am not sure if CdS is the answer because their show in Venetian Macau, Zaia, is not doing very well according to local reports.
    Last edited by Asa; 06-08-2011 at 08:45 PM.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Towards the very end of the video theres a view of the Grizzly Gulch area from the Treehouse and the mountain does look quite big.
    But when you look in the other direction towards the real mountains does it still look so big or is the illusion ruined? Cause from the video it looks like it isn't much taller than the treeline.

I know it would be awesome to have a mountain the scale of everest at DAK there but i don't think that the coaster itself is one that will have many drops. From all the concept art it looks like a very low coaster that twists and turns more than hopping up and down.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandGuy View Post
    But when you look in the other direction towards the real mountains does it still look so big or is the illusion ruined? Cause from the video it looks like it isn't much taller than the treeline.

I know it would be awesome to have a mountain the scale of everest at DAK there but i don't think that the coaster itself is one that will have many drops. From all the concept art it looks like a very low coaster that twists and turns more than hopping up and down.
    An everest scale coaster would actually be far worse in terms of believability. The smaller mountain that doesn't go too high above the tree line that looks more like a very distant peak makes much more sense with the hills in the background. Everest is designed to look very tall through it's surroundings which would make no sense considering it is smaller than the nearby hills but still suppose to be the tallest mountain in the world.

Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point look absolutely amazing, but what concerns me is how crammed these lands are. It looks there is going to be no transition whatsoever between the lands, especially mystic point and toy story land. I just hope they can come up with a good solution.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    An everest scale coaster would actually be far worse in terms of believability. The smaller mountain that doesn't go too high above the tree line that looks more like a very distant peak makes much more sense with the hills in the background. Everest is designed to look very tall through it's surroundings which would make no sense considering it is smaller than the nearby hills but still suppose to be the tallest mountain in the world.
    I did not mean it as building an actual everest. (All for no cloning) But rather making Grizzly mountain the size of it. But i see what you are saying that making it smaller might give a better illusion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

New in this update:
    * A LOT of rock framing going on in Grizzly Gulch.
    * More tracks added to BGM (Big Grizzly Mtn).
    * A small portion of the Mystic Manor (not the show building) is visible with windows and all.
    * Construction on the Adventurer's Club building has started.
    * Parachute drop has its seaters and has begun testing.
    * A big version of Woody has been installed at the entrance of TSL.

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you for this latest installment, HKDLFAN, duckling! We can always count on you to keep us posted!

ORGOCH: I'll betcha anything that HKDLFAN would just LOVE ta be over there helpin' 'em speed things up by offerin' ta help out with all that buildin' they's a doin'!

ORWEN: I'd even like to be over there helping them out, too!

ORGOCH: Oh, sure, that's somethin' they really need now, ain't it? A big fat witch with a box full a Krispy Kremes--buryin' ev'rybody alive with donut crumbs!

(Sounds of whippings and strippings....followed by a deadly calm...)

• Not here to help

Changes are comming fast to Hong Kong Disneyland. Great to see 2 new lands and not that great to see the third take shape. I hope something will have opened until next spring.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Thank you for this latest installment, HKDLFAN, duckling! We can always count on you to keep us posted!
    Your welcome

The same person who uploaded this video posted these pictures (credit to michael20183):

Mystic Manor emerges

Grizzly Gulch Progression:
    The building with wire framing that isn't entirely visible is where the BGM cars will blast out of from the TNT cave out into the open.

The mountain gets bigger...

Toy Story Land is nearly done:

Speaking of expansion updates...This thread should be stickied since all updates are posted here.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great stuff, nice to see things moving along. Thanks for posting.

The simply chinese words are crazy ugly and terrible!!!!!!!!!!Please remove it!

Quote Originally Posted by keithlee83 View Post
    The simply chinese words are crazy ugly and terrible!!!!!!!!!!Please remove it!
    I feel the same way about those "posters" in the queue area for the Golden Mickeys. Tacky, horrid, and just simply cheap looking. I have no problems with having things in Chinese, as long as they done well with Disney-fied fonts or they're unobtrusive. Imagine Main Street USA with big signs in pinyin or traditional Chinese.

Speaking of which, what do you guys think will happen to the Adventurer's Club? Will take the bilingual ala-Golden Mickeys? Most dialogue in Mandarin and Cantonese and songs in English? Or will it take the Jungle Cruise/Stitch route? Separate shows?

How about the grizzlies in BGM? Will it be like goats in BTM? Or will we get Disco Grizzlies?

• Minion

ORWEN: Hello, Keithlee83, duckling!! It's always nice to see you on the boards. You haven't been around enough lately.

ORDDU: And thank you for even more pictures, HKDLFAN, dearest. It's a lot of fun sharing this ongoing expansion project with you and everyone else around here.

ORGOCH: Guess I could go disco dancin' with SirEdge, if'n he'd be willin' ta go frog huntin' with me, first....

• Not here to help

Last edited by dland_lover; 08-06-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Removed hotlinked images, per board policy
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast