Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

ORWEN: I think you're right, Vincent, duckling. I mean, there's still room to add more attractions within both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. But, for the most part, they're gonna' have to build a second gate park for any serious expansions. At least they do have the room for a second gate.

Yes and I don't like the fact there is one ride per land. I mean there is no space for a second ride in Grizzly Gulch or in Mystic Point...

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Yes and I don't like the fact there is one ride per land. I mean there is no space for a second ride in Grizzly Gulch or in Mystic Point...
    Both Adventureland and Grizzly Gulch can be expanded. I hope they add an E-ticket to Adventureland an build a smaller second attraction to Grizzly Gulch on the space that would be left.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Not here to help

• Minion

ORGOCH: Thanks, Timmy, ducklin'. They's comin' along real nice with all that buildin', ain't they?

ORDDU: Indeed! Soon our Timmy will be able to say he's ridden Mystic Manor and have pictures to prove it. In the meantime, we hope all is well with you in Sweden, duckling!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Thanks, Timmy, ducklin'. They's comin' along real nice with all that buildin', ain't they?

ORDDU: Indeed! Soon our Timmy will be able to say he's ridden Mystic Manor and have pictures to prove it. In the meantime, we hope all is well with you in Sweden, duckling!
    I truly hope that I will be able to ride, film and take pictures of everything new and give my input on it in HKDL as soon as I get there.

The bad thing about Sweden is that I never get ride any rides before pictures and videos have been posted a hundred times before me. The only ride I have been able to ride before many others is the new version of Starwars, simply because I happened to be in Orlando at the time of itīs opening.
    I would also like to say that Scandinavia is in shock after a massmurder this weekend and my heart goes out to all affected by it.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, we heard about the bombing, too, but weren't sure if we should mention that. But now that it's come out, we want you to know we were thinking of you at the time. There are too many violent old toads in the world who don't care about anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I truly hope that I will be able to ride, film and take pictures of everything new and give my input on it in HKDL as soon as I get there.

The bad thing about Sweden is that I never get ride any rides before pictures and videos have been posted a hundred times before me. The only ride I have been able to ride before many others is the new version of Starwars, simply because I happened to be in Orlando at the time of itīs opening.
    I would also like to say that Scandinavia is in shock after a massmurder this weekend and my heart goes out to all affected by it.
    Hey Timmy, one the first one, it's not whether or not you're the first imo, but just seeing different pictures and different opinions that matter. I'm always in awe at how resourceful you are!

On the attacks, I can't even think of the right words to use to describe that. I'd usually say terrible tragedy, but that seems to cheapen the loss because it sounds cliched. The people all over the world are shocked.

• Not here to help

Last edited by dland_lover; 08-07-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Removed hotlinked pictures, per MiceChat policy

Just one word to say Wow!

Alot of progress has been made since i last saw pictures such as Mountain rocks forming on Grizzly an mystic manor Exterior being built!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Not here to help

...never mind everything!
    Here is some Hong Kong Disneyland construction:

Videos by: michael20183

• Minion

ORGOCH: There goes 'ol' reliable Timmy agin! Showin' his latest pictures from his crystal ball!

ORWEN: Thank you, Timmy!

ORDDU: Now, when are you going to come visit us in Morva, duckling? You know you'd love to!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: There goes 'ol' reliable Timmy agin! Showin' his latest pictures from his crystal ball!

ORWEN: Thank you, Timmy!

ORDDU: Now, when are you going to come visit us in Morva, duckling? You know you'd love to!
    The crystal ball was provided by that micheal guy that keeps spying in on HKDL. We should all be thankfull to him in this and all others that donīt simply take pictures at the meets and greets.

This thread is like a sanctuary for me, the witches and a few others haha

Oh, don't worry. There are still people observing this thread. We're always watching. :P

But, in all seriousness, I do appreciate this thread in its entirety, not only for its up-to-date and accurate information, but for the personalities that seem to inhabit it. Now, on to business.

First, as to the expansion and future expansions, I believe firmly that the one-ride per land stigma will only affect the Mystic Manor. Not only is there more room for expansion in Grizzly Gulch, but there really is for Adventureland as well, if one looks at the maps. And really, it seems to me almost like the state of Haunted Mansion itself in our DL: it's a bit on its own, very near to a land (CC) that it doesn't quite match up to. And Haunted Mansion doesn't even have ancillary attractions, as this MM will with the Adventurer's Club.

In regard to future expansion, looking again at those wonderful maps, I see space for at least two more expansions: to the south of the Grizzly Gulch area is the largest, and to the north-east of the TSL is nearly as big. These are not small change. There is still room for HKDL to at least equal DLP.

And on to a second gate: I liked two ideas for this that popped up in this thread. I believe that a 'sky' themed park could work in the same way that the 'sea' theme works at TDS: by not trying too hard to keep everything perfectly relevant. Essentially, in TDS all the 'sea' elements are on the greater scale, with the 'ports of call' idea, and to a lesser extent with the 20,000 leagues attraction and Sinbad boat ride. And the Little Mermaid area. And the Mediterranean Fortress. But anyway, I digress.

The main success, in my opinion, of Tokyo DisneySEA was its adaption of various elements and somehow making them 'fit' in the theme. Naturally, as people have said already, there are tons of different elements that could fit in the 'sky' category. Can't you just imagine an Indiana Jones ride themed to Machu Picchu? Again, the Vernian and Wellsian elements would thrive here, not only from basic 'air' related ideas, such as 'Around the World in 80 Days' and 'The Island at the Top of the World', but also through even more 'sci-fi' themed literature as well, such as 'From the Earth to the Moon', and 'John Carter of Mars', and 'The Time Machine'. And let's not forget all the great Disney and Pixar properties that could fit here, such as UP, and Treasure Planet, the Rescuers, Soarin', Dumbo, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and others I'm sure I'm not thinking of. In short, it doesn't necessarily have to be about 'air' as an element, but themes and properties that might inhabit it, including most mountain-based adventures. In short, I think it's a brilliant idea for a second gate.

And that legends and myth one wasn't bad, either. :P

I hope I don't affront anyone... first post and all. Been watching, though, and finally thought I had something to say.

Anyway, this post is too long now. Hong Kong Disneyland has great potential.

If HKDL decides to build DisneySky as the second gate and are selling stocks to raise the funding for it, I will buy some of the stocks.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast