Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

I have an idea of moving Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters to the empty land next to Toy Story Land, so Buzz and Woody will be re-united and TSL will be more complete.

The move allows the original plot of land that Buzz sits on to potentially be united with the empty plot to the east (or below in the park map) of Autopia to create a big ride in Tomorrow Land. (Two purple plots of land, near bottom right in below map.)

The new attraction(s) can straddle the train track, a train tunnel be created or a bridge is built for guests, clearly it depends on what is planned. Maybe an area for Stark Expo or Star Wars?

The cost of this is just the relocation of Buzz's Astro Blasters. It is minimal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Asa; 09-13-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Sorry, double posts. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
    Last edited by Asa; 09-13-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: double post

My family and I went to Hong Kong Disneyland January of this year. It was such a great climate because it was about 13 degrees out there. We had so much fun, but there was no day parade. It was bummer, though everything else made us happy to be there. Nice set of pictures. I didn't know that was what used to be in that place.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    I have an idea of moving Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters to the empty land next to Toy Story Land, so Buzz and Woody will be re-united and TSL will be more complete.

The move allows the original plot of land that Buzz sits on to potentially be united with the empty plot to the east (or below in the park map) of Autopia to create a big ride in Tomorrow Land. (Two purple plots of land, near bottom right in below map.)

The new attraction(s) can straddle the train track, a train tunnel be created or a bridge is built for guests, clearly it depends on what is planned. Maybe an area for Stark Expo or Star Wars?

The cost of this is just the relocation of Buzz's Astro Blasters. It is minimal.
    How would the ride sett in space fit in a garden?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post

I see the value of putting the TS attractions together, but the shrunken in the grass feel is a little off. Unless they make the show building like a box of Buzz Lightyear toys left in the yard.

But I doubt the cost would be minimal. And they have to spend to take things apart, prepare the land and build it up again. The logistical preparation required is much greater than the benefit, since they have to pay to do things twice. It's not like a major draw like Dumbo. They could just easily spend that money on another E-ticket.

That said, if money were no object, I think it's a good idea.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

New update:

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! I'm getting excited again! HKDLFAN was just here!

ORGOCH: Control yerself, sister, er yer gonna' scare off another one a Mice Chat's ducklin's!

ORDDU: Am I just being impatient or is it taking HKDL forever to finish building these new attractions. Toy Story Land is coming along quickly enough. But Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor seem as though they should be much further along than they are. It's a shame they are planting trees which block the view of the construction progress.

ORWEN: Maybe they're ashamed of how long it's taking them to finish this project!

ORDDU: It just seems as though many of us may be in a pine box six feet under by the time these attractions are completed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Oh! I'm getting excited again! HKDLFAN was just here!

ORGOCH: Control yerself, sister, er yer gonna' scare off another one a Mice Chat's ducklin's!

ORDDU: Am I just being impatient or is it taking HKDL forever to finish building these new attractions. Toy Story Land is coming along quickly enough. But Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor seem as though they should be much further along than they are. It's a shame they are planting trees which block the view of the construction progress.

ORWEN: Maybe they're ashamed of how long it's taking them to finish this project!

ORDDU: It just seems as though many of us may be in a pine box six feet under by the time these attractions are completed!!
    It is taking so long! Especially Mystic Manor!

Although, I am psyched over the development of Grizzly Gulch, especially at the sight of the tracks.

I'll be both happy and sad once they're all done, since it might take a long time until the next expansion.

Grizzly Gluch and Mystic Manor are taking awhile but i know they will be totally worth it. I just wish they announced more expansions before Shanghai open let hope they announce something later this year or early next year!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Themeparkone on twitter tweet this

I can confirm Shanghai will not be receiving any Avatar love. Nor Hong Kong (they have a different movie-based land coming).

So what do you think the other movie base land is going into hong kong?? I hope it Pirates or tron

GO TEXANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgower1994 View Post

I can confirm Shanghai will not be receiving any Avatar love. Nor Hong Kong (they have a different movie-based land coming).

So what do you think the other movie base land is going into hong kong?? I hope it Pirates or tron
    Think is much harder than want or should.

Pirates should definitely be in there as we have discussed to almost ad nauseam. It's a Disney park. Possibly one of the greatest mixes of AAs and a bit of a thrill. Pirates with a bigger flume drop has long been fantasized, and unjustly left unrealized for HKDL.

With OP with already 2 water based attractions, HKDL is lagging behind even more in covering its bases.

Let hope we get a pirate water flume ride i just want more rides also in Fanstyland it very dull if they can put 2 more rides in fanstyland i will be really happy.

And I think pirates is next for next expansions that all i am hopping for and maybe couple of attractions in tommrowland or adventureland(if there is any more room)

GO TEXANS!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Burgower1994 View Post

Don't think you're right on that.

Disney to license rights to 'Avatar' for theme park attractions - latimes.com

One of the executives, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were confidential, also said that "Avatar"-themed attractions are being considered for Disney's parks in Paris and Hong Kong.
    This would be a MASSIVE hit in HK since the movie did really well there.

• Not here to help

If Disney seals the deal with Avatar then no movie park will ever have anything to compare with. Imagine Starwars, Indiana Jones and Avatar all in one resort. Add Disney´s own Lion king and all the others... It would make Universal Studios look like a backlot...
    ...oh yeah it kinda is.

I just saw that WDW WILL get a Avatar land in DAK.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 09-21-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Avatar will be at Disney
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I would love avatar in hkdl but i dont know if it going to hong kong. themeparkone said it going to be another movie franchise in hk

today somebody ask about if star wars land is going to Hollywood studios and this is what he said

Very much happening... But, again, not where you think.

so we probably just have to wait and see if it star wars,avatar or even pirates it would be a great addition to the park

GO TEXANS!!

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast