Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

HKDL's Tomorrowland does not have enough space for Star Wars Land I think. As for Avatar, I think it is great for DAK, but for Magic Kingdom style parks I think it is not such a great fit.

I still believe Pirates will come to HKDL. Pirates 5 & 6 are in the making and the Chow Yun-Fatt connection has got to count for something!

ASA i totally agree with you i think pirates will also come to HKDL and i think it be great for the park!!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL recently updated the Expansion preview gallery with the OFFICIAL Mystic Manor ride vehicles (credit to "Hong Kong Main Street Gazette" for the pics):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fZyZ1jMLPB...0/IMG_9543.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F6XOnCiRin...0/IMG_9537.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y2HxdIS-2b...0/IMG_9545.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tTVj5vmxeS...0/IMG_9555.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FGX9jPVU8g...0/IMG_9557.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ucEUemWnm3...0/IMG_9539.JPG

I personally really like the design. Although blue would have been better, olive is ok I guess, but the design looks elegant and really good overall.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-28-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked images and credited photographer, per MiceChat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    HKDL recently updated the Expansion preview gallery with the OFFICIAL Mystic Manor ride vehicles (credit to "Hong Kong Main Street Gazette" for the pics):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FGX9jPVU8g...0/IMG_9557.JPG

I personally really like the design. Although blue would have been better, olive is ok I guess, but the design looks elegant and really good overall.
    Thanks for this update HKDLFAN!

I personally love the olive green better, just because I guess it makes it feel older imo.

Seeing the ride vehicle makes it more real somehow! It's gonna be finished sooner rather than later, 2013 isn't that far away. But the more I think about it the further away it seems.

Apologies for my Gollum/Smeagol moment right there.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-28-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked picture and credited photographer, per MiceChat policy.

The olive green is good. The design of the car is classy, but I don't know about the emblem. The asymetrical-ness of it kind of throws me off. It does seem like a very tangible bit of production, though. Cool beans!
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

I think that they should put the Matterhorn ride to HKDL, it's one of the best rides that Disneyland have created.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I think that they should put the Matterhorn ride to HKDL, it's one of the best rides that Disneyland have created.
    Well... itīs one of the oldest atleast...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Well... itīs one of the oldest atleast...
    Yeah, but it's still one of the best attractions in Disney history

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I love the Matterhorn, and it was groundbreaking for its time.

However, nowadays, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to build a mountain just for a relatively simple coaster. Its appeal lies in its nostalgic value for most people.

I wouldn't have objected to it had it been part of HKDL from opening day, however, there must be reason it hasn't been cloned anywhere else.

• Super

I'm sure if they made a new Matterhorn in another park it wouldn't be much of a clone - I'm sure the imagineers now would LOVE to be able to make an updated version of the ride with all the technology we now have - they could make something very cool with a new matterhorn - and even incorporate other attractions into the mountain.

Can't wait to see this construction going on myself next year!

Quote Originally Posted by mister_peterman View Post
    I'm sure if they made a new Matterhorn in another park it wouldn't be much of a clone - I'm sure the imagineers now would LOVE to be able to make an updated version of the ride with all the technology we now have - they could make something very cool with a new matterhorn - and even incorporate other attractions into the mountain.

Can't wait to see this construction going on myself next year!
    Now that would be exciting! Although, I hope there won't be any disco yetis if this came true!

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    I love the Matterhorn, and it was groundbreaking for its time.

However, nowadays, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to build a mountain just for a relatively simple coaster. Its appeal lies in its nostalgic value for most people.

I wouldn't have objected to it had it been part of HKDL from opening day, however, there must be reason it hasn't been cloned anywhere else.
    I think because, if it was built at Epcot or Magic Kingdom it would've had similarities to Expedition Everest. As for other disney parks, I'll I have to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Now that would be exciting! Although, I hope there won't be any disco yetis if this came true!
    It will be really cool if the mountain isn't made of rocks, but made of electric like in Tron, and it will feature disco yetis dancing to the 'Derezzed' song.
    Last edited by chipndale; 10-02-2011 at 11:49 PM.

^This. The Expedition Everest/Matterhorn covered in neon. I can see it now.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

The leader of Hong Kong talks about HKDL and its rival Ocean Park's expansion plans in his policy address today:

167. Last year, I announced that the operation and regulatory framework of Hong Kong's tourism sector would be reviewed. We then issued a consultation paper and are now considering the views received. We will announce reform proposals by the end of this year. On tourism infrastructure, Ocean Park is now actively studying the feasibility of building an all-weather Water World and supporting facilities at Tai Shue Wan, while Disneyland is exploring further expansion. The new Kai Tak cruise terminal and its first berth will start operation in mid-2013.
    Source: 2011-12 Policy Address - Policy Address

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast