Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Even if they somehow funded and announced, say, Star Tours II or Mermaid or Midway Mania tomorrow with construction beginning immediately, I doubt they could finish it before Mystic Manor opens in 2013.
    Well, I was looking over older HKDL articles and I came across the stories about HKDL being build below budget and saved HK$1 billion. That's how they funded the building of Autopia and It's a Small World. (If the story is correct.)

With all three lands being completed earlier than expected (originally 2014, now 2013), it is possible HKDL has saved money on construction (construction workers are on daily salaries, the faster you finish the less you pay) and gain more income (since the lands can open earlier). It was possible partially because we had less rain this year than before.

There is hope that HKDL can save on the current expansion and add that to the EBITDA earnings from 2010 and 2011, they maybe able to do something. Although I agree that for something major to open by 2013 is a tall order whatever they build, even if they recycled an old ride from DL or MK.

• Minion

ORWEN: In that case maybe they'll be able to have TWO full Dumbo rides instead of just one and a half Dumbo rides.

• Resident of the Caldera

I don't think they mean that the next phase will open before Mystic Manor, but its construction will overlap--meaning that they will begin construction on the next phase before the current phase is completed.

This would be an excellent strategy because Hong Kong Disneyland is really going to seem like a poor stepchild once Shanghai Disneyland opens. HKD will have three new lands by then, but only two really exciting new rides (I exclude all those in Toy Story Playland). If they get moving sooner rather than later, HKD can have another two major attractions in the pipeline and under construction before the Shanghai park opens. That will give them some nice publicity with which to counter Shanghai within a year or two of its opening.

• Minion

ORWEN: I agree with you, Fukai, duckling. I mean, if they get started on the expansion NOW instead of LATER, they might even be able to have THREE Dumbo rides in operation before Shanghai Disneyland opens up!!!! Wouldn't that be exciting???
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 10-22-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I agree with you, Fukai, duckling. I mean, if they get started on the expansion NOW instead of LATER, they might even be able to have THREE Dumbo rides in operatrion before Shanghai Disneyland opens up!!!! Wouldn't that be exciting???
    Blargh.

Or maybe even cheaper, they'll probably make a new stage show. A Toy Story Live! Sing-Along, or something along those lines.

Gah, those TS meet and greet characters creep me out...with those dead eyes and thick necks.

---------- Post added 10-21-2011 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I don't think they mean that the next phase will open before Mystic Manor, but its construction will overlap--meaning that they will begin construction on the next phase before the current phase is completed.

This would be an excellent strategy because Hong Kong Disneyland is really going to seem like a poor stepchild once Shanghai Disneyland opens. HKD will have three new lands by then, but only two really exciting new rides (I exclude all those in Toy Story Playland). If they get moving sooner rather than later, HKD can have another two major attractions in the pipeline and under construction before the Shanghai park opens. That will give them some nice publicity with which to counter Shanghai within a year or two of its opening.
    They should definitely start something else soon. Realistically, D tickets would be great! C tickets, depends on what they are.

• Minion

ORWEN: I think they should start with a dark ride for The Black Cauldron. From what I hear, The Black Cauldron is all the rage in Hong Kong--

ORDDU: --only in yer worst nightmares, sister! Now shut yer mouth an' let somebody with some brains git on with this here topic!

• Five-Legged Goat

I'd like to see Star Tours II slotted into that little trapezoid-shaped plot of land adjacent to the Autopia loading area. It can't be that expensive (relatively speaking) to install a half dozen simulators for an attraction that's already been designed and replicated several times over. What's more, if HKDL gets a move on, it could conceivably have the Starspeeders up and "flying" before TDL gets the upgrade or SDL opens.

That said, however, what I would really love to see is another original, large-scale E-ticket -- either a thrill ride or elaborate dark ride. Notwithstanding the addition of iasw, Fantasyland is still a bit thin on experiences. I'd slot a single, albeit impressive, attraction to flesh out the other side of Fantasyland -- maybe a fantasy-themed ride based on the IJA/Dinosaur template.

@Kuhio, yeah Star Tours II seems to be the most logical fit for a new attraction. It's "just" a building with simulators on it, and you picked a great location for it. I don't think they'll even need to build it in full. Like Space Mountain only having one track, they'd probably have less simulators available. That should save a buck or two.

If a major e-ticket that uses EMVs is made, my vote's for Adventureland. But Fantasyland is also pretty bare. It needs one more C-ticket/D-ticket dark ride.

• Resident of the Caldera

How popular is Star Wars in Mainland China? That's the first thing you need to look at before thinking about dropping Star Tours 2 into the park.

• Five-Legged Goat

Fairly popular. The most beloved episode there is known as Star War The Third Gathers: The Backstroke of the West.

Quote Originally Posted by The Standard
    Walt Disney Imagineering creative senior vice president Joe Lanzisero said the Magic Kingdom is looking for local talent to help in designing the context of Hong Kong Disneyland resort.
    Lanzisero said about 70 teams comprising students from eight institutions, the Hong Kong Arts Centre and the Vocational Training Council have submitted applications and about 12 to 16 teams will be shortlisted to present their projects in late November.
    Go here to see the rest of the article:
    Disney looks to local input with story of Asian magic - The Standard
    Last edited by dland_lover; 11-08-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Shortened quote to avoid copyright infringement, per MiceChat policy.

• Not here to help

Looks like Toy Story Land is finished. This verion fits better than the one at WDS. But I would still rather have seen it built somewhere else in the park and with better rides.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...0_Original.jpg
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Actually that place is, cute! After I hear the news of Toy Story Land at HKDL, I have low expectations on it. Put this place is nice! It's colorful! Great addition to HKDL. Looks better than WDS too.
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...nd-report.html
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• Not here to help

Mystic Manor:

Name:  384204_282254551805917_119188494779191_952326_1658851573_n.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  114.7 KB

From Mystic Manor | Facebook.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-05-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

WOW Mystic Manor look fantastic!!! Toy Story land look pretty good even thought i wanted something else there it will be a nice addition for HKDL

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast