Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

ORDDU: Actually, Master Gracey has very good 'manors'...so he won't become envious.

• Bangarang!

^Yeah but its a "size" thing..

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Latest Update :

–•Œ–ž網-Œ—Ž華–‡–ž€華•†‡Š - 迪士尼賺5„„ –‹海‹…œ’

This report says HKDL made HK$500 million in 2010-2011 (Oct to Oct) financial season, about double what it made in 2009-2010. Total income was HK$3.6 billion and visitor numbered 6 million. Hotel occupancy was 90%.

The report said the quickest money earner are new ride facilities, then hotels and shopping venues.

The park will continue to expand after the current expansion is complete. A third hotel will be built. A shopping district (downtown Disney) will be built by 2016 to match the completion of the Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Bridge.

HKDL will work with Ngong Ping 360 and AsiaWorld Expo to form an Lantau alliance to propose development plans to the government in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by michael20183 View Post
    Latest Update :

Thanks for our bi-weekly update. Lots of cool stuff in that vid. GG & MP are looking really good.

This report says HKDL made HK$500 million in 2010-2011 (Oct to Oct) financial season, about double what it made in 2009-2010. Total income was HK$3.6 billion and visitor numbered 6 million. Hotel occupancy was 90%.
    Did HKDL just release their FY2011 numbers? If so that performance is big news & should be in the major regional media outlets on Monday. Regarding the 3rd hotel, we know both the existing hotels were planned with room for additional wings of guestrooms. I'd think it would be more profitable to add these wings to the existing facilities before building a brand new hotel.

Regardless, hope this good financial news will lead to some more high-quality rides (and Grizzly Mountain & Mystic Manor add to the momentum).

I don't think they came up with a proper financial report yet. Andrew Kam was apparently interviewed by a radio station and after the interview he just spoke to the press about the park and resort's recent performance, since Ocean Park claimed some big numbers the day before.

Expanding Hollywood Hotel seems to be the right thing to do. But currently they have this renovation programme going on at both hotels. Not sure if that will affect it.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

That big rock in Grizzly Gulch looks like a bear for me. :o
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Just some quick updates. Here are some pictures I took the past two days.

Here's the mystery of the "toonified" bears of Grizzly Gulch "solved."

I'm not sure if that looks repainted from the first video shared last November, but that doesn't look too "toonified" to me.

Next are some Mystic Manor shots.

First is the gate leading up to Lord Mystic's not quite haunted mansion.

Peeking through the gates...

Quite the revealing shot. I was promptly approached by a CM asking if I needed anything. Which was a nice way of checking if I was up to some mischief. I said I was just excited about the new lands and I wanted to take a peek because I was disappointed that the expansion models are no longer on Main Street. She said they were moved elsewhere and that I could ask the Guest Relations at the City Hall (no, they didn't know where they went and looked at me like I was crazy).

• Minion

ORDDU: That cast member should actually be grateful for fans like you, SirEdge, duckling. It's the curiosity and enthusiasm of fans that keep the Disney theme parks going. Without those aspects there wouldn't be a Disney theme park over there and the cast member wouldn't have her job. Sometimes employees can become too territorial about things and forget about the magic that's the most important part of a visit to the Disney parks. Thank you for your pictures, dear!

A recent interview with Andrew Kam has him saying that HKDL is planning to add two hotels. One is a large one, 1.5 times larger than the "current" one (he didn't say which one). The other is a small one with about 300 rooms. But these are still in the planning stages and need funding and govt approval.

He did mention that the tourism industry has mentioned to him that 3 star hotel rooms are very hard to come by in Hong Kong. So I am assuming he meant the Hollywood Hotel. The large hotel's capacity is therefore 900 rooms.

• Minion

ORDDU: A witch wouldn't think there would be need for any more hotels for HKDL, considering the small size of the theme park, along with lower than expected attendance numbers.

^ More details on new hotel plans and financials.

Disney wishes more hotels - The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: A witch wouldn't think there would be need for any more hotels for HKDL, considering the small size of the theme park, along with lower than expected attendance numbers.
    HKDL maybe not, but Hong Kong overall has the need for more hotels. Right now the mentality in the Hong Kong hotel business is: Build it and they will come and stay. It is a sure fire way of making money. HKDL has the land and the money is there for the taking.

RTHK news: sDWD

HKDL's 2010-11 EBITDA reached HK$506 million, more than double the year before. Net loss greatly reduced by 67% to HK$237 million.

Guest numbers increased from 5.2 million to 5.9 million, an increase of 13%. Hotel occupancy rose from 82% to 91%. In terms of visitors demographic, mainland visitors 45% of total and local visitors 31% total.

Andrew Kam is happy with the results. With the world exclusive Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point still to open, the park is looking strong financially in the year ahead. He said the park will continue to expand and grow to improve its attraction to guests both new and old.

• Bangarang!

^Those are some pretty decent numbers. Glad to hear they're getting some traction, which will only be helped by the new lands.

As for new hotels, I would say adding capacity to existing would be better, but I'm guessing they'd like to offer more choice (different themes) to entice even more guests.

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post

First is the gate leading up to Lord Mystic's not quite haunted mansion.

Peeking through the gates...
    This must have been what it was like in Disneyland circa 1967/8. Thanks for those lovely photos.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast