Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930 ... LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Totally agree with you.

• Not here to help

We can debate forever on how the two Disneylandīs will compete and manage. Only time will tell.

But one thing will not change for a long time in China and that is the fact that people do not have enough money and a hotel and food in Hong Kong is much more expensive than it would be if the same hotel was placed in Shanghai. ...and even if HKDL is getting new rides... people still call it too small for a second visit. Word of mouth will for a long time be "Shanghai Disney is cheaper and bigger. No need to go to expensive Hong Kong", if it infact will be bigger.
    I donīt think there will be a crisis in HKDL from lack of visitors. But I do think that the number of mainland visitors will decline, atleast for a few years after the Shanghai park has opened.
    We will soon know what happens...
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 01-19-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I have high hopes for Hong Kong Disneyland since it's started to expand.
    2006 - Autopia
    2008 - It's A Small World
    2011 - Toy Story Land
    2012 - Grizzly Gulch
    2013 - Mystic Point

*But I do want to see their Fantasyland even more because it lacks classic rides and/or dark rides which this land is famous for.
    Idea what rides they should go because they are almost the latest disney films to date:
    -Princes and the frog
    -Tangled
    *Another one is there's only one space left for a major attraction in Tomorrowland which could hinder it's development for the future years.
    *About Adventureland... I find it too odd they call it "Adventure" land if it lacks thrill rides and this land only contain a cruise ride around an amazon forest.
    I do want to see a "Pirates-themed" ride here to heightened this land a little bit.

*The whole site of the park itself, I can see that there are wasted spaces like in between the Lion King Theatre and the main street but I know its purspose to serve as a back stage... common :|

*I think there are some bad planning in the building because when I observed it in Google earth... there are some small blank parcels of land in Fantasyland, when combined can contain a 1 major attraction.

- I can't wait for the opening of Grizzly Gulch this summer. A big WOW.

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

Will they relocate the Train's track? because I think it is the one making the park seems smaller even thought it has lots og big parcels land for development.

Lesser mainlland people in hkdl , hkdl will be more clean and comfort for fans.

I can't wait to see how clean shdl will be, Hope shdl could provide a magical environment for fans.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlsuper View Post
    *The whole site of the park itself, I can see that there are wasted spaces like in between the Lion King Theatre and the main street but I know its purspose to serve as a back stage... common :|

*I think there are some bad planning in the building because when I observed it in Google earth... there are some small blank parcels of land in Fantasyland, when combined can contain a 1 major attraction.
    Entire Adventureland is badly planned and expanding it with a thrillride that it needs will be impossible without doing some huge changes. The placement of the Lion King show ruins alot. I hope they did not place the show where it is just to have it removed in a few years. The Lion King is the biggest Disney movie ever and features many of the most known Disney songs ever. It would be a loss to remove it.

There is also alot of wasted space in spread out in Tomorrowland that will be impossible to build on.

HKDL is the worst planned of all Disneylands. That is a bit strange since land is EXPENSIVE in Hong Kong.

---------- Post added 01-21-2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keithlee83 View Post
    Lesser mainlland people in hkdl , hkdl will be more clean and comfort for fans.

I can't wait to see how clean shdl will be, Hope shdl could provide a magical environment for fans.
    Keeping the Shanghai park clean from spitt might be a problem. Who wants to see a team of cleaners in every corner of the park all day?

HKDL is the worst planned of all Disneylands. That is a bit strange since land is EXPENSIVE in Hong Kong.

Agreed!!!!!

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Entire Adventureland is badly planned and expanding it with a thrillride that it needs will be impossible without doing some huge changes. The placement of the Lion King show ruins alot. I hope they did not place the show where it is just to have it removed in a few years. The Lion King is the biggest Disney movie ever and features many of the most known Disney songs ever. It would be a loss to remove it.

There is also alot of wasted space in spread out in Tomorrowland that will be impossible to build on.

---------- Post added 01-21-2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Keeping the Shanghai park clean from spitt might be a problem. Who wants to see a team of cleaners in every corner of the park all day?
    Spitting + Cutting lines, I've seen this a lot at HKDL.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Yes but most of them are mainlanders. Can't wait to see how the mainlanders poo poo in shdl street, don't laugh, I believe it will be happened, because they did it in hkdl and hk public area already.

I hope shdl could build more toilets for mainlanders instead of building attractions.

Last edited by dland_lover; 01-23-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Removed links to inappropriate videos, per MiceChat policy.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I just don't get how people can be that way, it is beyond me!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by keithlee83 View Post
    Yes but most of them are mainlanders. Can't wait to see how the mainlanders poo poo in shdl street, don't laugh, I believe it will be happened, because they did it in hkdl and hk public area already.

I hope shdl could build more toilets for mainlanders instead of building attractions.

The video of the child going to the bathroom publicly in the flowers on an open walkway in HKDL makes me sick. Itīs those parents that corrupt the children.
    This would NEVER happen in Japan. It is very typical China. They do it everywhere there. I have seen it many times in crowded shopping areas.

Good luck with Shanghai Disneyland!

I think we should be careful when posting this here. The last thread that delt with this problem got deleted. I hope it wonīt be the case here. Afterall it is a part of HKDLīs reality.

The worst thing is that HKDL letīs this happend. I always found the CMīs in HKDL distant. Almost as if they hated their jobs. Did anyone else notice this?

Oh well... back to waiting for some construction updates
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-23-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Removed links to inappropriate videos, per MiceChat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlsuper View Post
    I have high hopes for Hong Kong Disneyland since it's started to expand.
    2006 - Autopia
    2008 - It's A Small World
    2011 - Toy Story Land
    2012 - Grizzly Gulch
    2013 - Mystic Point

*But I do want to see their Fantasyland even more because it lacks classic rides and/or dark rides which this land is famous for.
    Idea what rides they should go because they are almost the latest disney films to date:
    -Princes and the frog
    -Tangled
    *Another one is there's only one space left for a major attraction in Tomorrowland which could hinder it's development for the future years.
    *About Adventureland... I find it too odd they call it "Adventure" land if it lacks thrill rides and this land only contain a cruise ride around an amazon forest.
    I do want to see a "Pirates-themed" ride here to heightened this land a little bit.

- I can't wait for the opening of Grizzly Gulch this summer. A big WOW.

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

Will they relocate the Train's track? because I think it is the one making the park seems smaller even thought it has lots og big parcels land for development.
    They should add the following:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean
    2. Tangled dark ride
    3. Bald Mountain Coaster
    4. Peter Pan's Flight
    5. Splash Mountain
    6. Star Tours II
    7. Indiana Jones Adventure

Also the park's railroad could be re-routed to go around all the lands of the park w/ new stops in Grizzly Trail, & Toy Story Land.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post

The worst thing is that HKDL letīs this happend. I always found the CMīs in HKDL distant. Almost as if they hated their jobs. Did anyone else notice this?
    Wait for the part 2 of my trip report. I had some rather unfavorable experiences with HKDL CMs.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Wait for the part 2 of my trip report. I had some rather unfavorable experiences with HKDL CMs.
    Wow, this is so different from TDR CMs. The Tokyo ones seem to love their job, and they are always friendly and helpful with us during the trip.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

In fact the hkdl cm and hk local will ask them don't do it when they poo on street but the mainlander tourists won't listen to you, I saw it already. Horrible.....

• Minion

ORDDU: Unfortunately it's the same way here in Morva.

ORWEN: It sure is! We actually have to live with a certain nasty old biddy who's turned both our front and back yard into a sewer, what with all her nasty habbits!

ORGOCH: Tell the whole story, why don'tcha? Tell 'em 'bout how yer always hoggin' the out house so's nobody else can git inside the dang thing! Tell 'em how ya practically LIVE inside that ol' out house all the time! I'm surprised ya can even fit inside the thing, considerin' how FAT ya is! Then ya got the nerve ta complain 'bout poor ol' me, expectin' me ta hold my hooch ferever an a day, whilst yer takin' yer own sweet time by pamperin' yers!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930 ... LastLast