Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31825262728293031 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

hahaha!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• i heart plunging v-necks

When does Grizzly Gulch open this year? I'm getting anxious in seeing the completed land.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Wow, construction is really coming along nicely and it's good to see so much landscaping in Grizzly Gulch.

Can anyone tell me what the building in Mystic Point is, next to the train track and opposite Mystic Manor? Is it a new train station? I don't recall hearing that there will be a train station there, but it would make sense given the accessibility of the new lands. (I assume they would eventually reconfigure the trains so that you could see both sides of the track).

From the art, not a train station but a raised platform with maybe a cargo crane to play with:

• Five-Legged Goat

I really enjoy seeing these update videos.

It's amazing how a few coniferous trees can really make an area look "Western"!

Interestingly, the video shows what looks to be a structure of some sort being built on the Mystic Point train platform. The concept art does show a small shed-like construct on the platform, but the structure in the video looks larger, like a full mock-up of a building. I'm guessing that it'll be a slightly reduced-scale station house that's there solely for decorative purposes. The platform doesn't look large enough to accommodate a working station and, in any event, the park seems a bit small to have another functioning train station between Main Street and Fantasyland. The train would be barely out of one station before pulling into the next!

In the resort at the moment, A LOT of activity in both grizzly gulch and mystic point. Roofing was being installed on the mystic manner this morning, whilst the facades and landscaping are coming together in the gulch. Will post some photos and videos hen I get home.

Another point of interest is that there is a WDI summit in the HKDL hotel today, and there were a lot of suits with paper VERY interested in the area between the tennis courts and the promenade at the hotel

I was in at the park last day, there were really lots of workers , they are very busy with construction , hope gg could be opened in June.
    Cant wait to see your update pics and video!

It looks like construction is on a good way. At first I didn't like the idea that the new land are outside the railroad track, but the more videos I see, the more I like that idea. It feels like you are tavelling through a village.

Dagobert, I like your term about travelling through a village

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    Wow, construction is really coming along nicely and it's good to see so much landscaping in Grizzly Gulch.

Can anyone tell me what the building in Mystic Point is, next to the train track and opposite Mystic Manor? Is it a new train station? I don't recall hearing that there will be a train station there, but it would make sense given the accessibility of the new lands. (I assume they would eventually reconfigure the trains so that you could see both sides of the track).
    According to the concept art, it's a loading dock, but from the roof that's there in the video, that really looks like a station. We'll see soon enough if that's true.

another nice video by micheal! Woo lovely ! But the gg mountain is very short and small

• Minion

ORDDU: Perhaps it's appropriate that Grizzly Mountain is small because it's in keeping with the rest of the park. Not everything has to be big in order to be fun and exciting.

ORGOCH: Yeah--take ME fer example!

ORWEN: Let's NOT take you--for anything other than the nasty old biddy you always are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    It looks like construction is on a good way. At first I didn't like the idea that the new land are outside the railroad track, but the more videos I see, the more I like that idea. It feels like you are tavelling through a village.
    True! Now if only that train's passenger cars were reconfigured to accommodate this.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Perhaps it's appropriate that Grizzly Mountain is small because it's in keeping with the rest of the park. Not everything has to be big in order to be fun and exciting.

ORGOCH: Yeah--take ME fer example!

ORWEN: Let's NOT take you--for anything other than the nasty old biddy you always are!!
    NOTHING is big in HKDL
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31825262728293031 ... LastLast