Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Do we have any real timeplans for opening of the new lands in this park?
    Not much apart from what has been released: TSL 2011, GG 2012 and MP 2013.

• Tomorrow's Child

Great video find there. The expansion land is huge! Much bigger than I expected.

I wonder if they'll make any reference to the train in Playland seeings how TS3 opens with a near identical looking one?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Great video find there. The expansion land is huge! Much bigger than I expected.

I wonder if they'll make any reference to the train in Playland seeings how TS3 opens with a near identical looking one?
    I agree, GG is actually quite big and theres even MORE land behind the wall of trees behind GG for future expansion. Sadly MP is so small and it looks as if the entire "mystery" and "mystic" feeling will be downplayed by the towering tower of the Green Army Men Parachute Drop.

Im still sitting fingers crossed that TSL is just a filler and will be torn down for something much better like...Indy! I think an Indy ride + a mini coaster would fit in very nicely into an expansion of MP with TSL gone.

• Not here to help

Its really a shame that MP only will have one ride. The theme in that area is easy to build rides for... but I guess expensive since alot of effects would be needed to make it... mystic. People love haunted houses (I know... this mansion/manor will be magic not haunted) and magical places. MP could house one or two major rides that made HKDL the place to be for fun in Asia... They could even have a playland type of area themed to Jack Skellington and friends attached to MP, but they went for classic american toys. Waste of space, time and money.

Ok... more pictures of the expansion please
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Im still sitting fingers crossed that TSL is just a filler and will be torn down for something much better like...Indy! I think an Indy ride + a mini coaster would fit in very nicely into an expansion of MP with TSL gone.
    Don't count on it...even though TSL may not look good, an investment of this sort won't be replaced for at least a few decades.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Don't count on it...even though TSL may not look good, an investment of this sort won't be replaced for at least a few decades.
    That is.. *assuming* that the poor maintenance practices in DLP don't allow these carny rides to go bust before the new decade is over? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Not here to help

TSPL will rust away in the terrible Parisian weather in a few years. Perhaps the smog and acid rains from mainland China will take care of all tha plastic in TSL at HKDL.

...or these lands might be the standard for Disneyparks for years to come? One park one E-ticket.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    TSPL will rust away in the terrible Parisian weather in a few years. Perhaps the smog and acid rains from mainland China will take care of all tha plastic in TSL at HKDL.

...or these lands might be the standard for Disneyparks for years to come? One park one E-ticket.
    Well, if they could in future build Toy Story Midway Mania! nearby TSL, then the whole place will be much more attractive.

• Banned User

If not attractive, at least it will be busier for sure.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Well, if they could in future build Toy Story Midway Mania! nearby TSL, then the whole place will be much more attractive.
    TSMM would add more substance to the land, but wouldn't hide views of the parachutes or RC racer from Mystic Point or Fantasyland.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

ORDDU: Didn't Mr. Rasulo--at one point--say he wanted a Toy Story Mania built for each Disney resort around the world? In fact, when it was first announced that there would be a Toy Story Land at HKDL, my sisters and I just assumed that Toy Story Mania would be included as the signature attraction for it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    ^ Normally you won't be able to see that construction area since the passenger seats of the train are facing inwards the park.
    But! If you seat on the back seat, you *can* look thru the horizontal window panes and get a nice view into the construction. that is how I did it last week.

• Tomorrow's Child

I wonder, will they alter the carriages once all three lands are open to afford a proper view of the newly opened additions?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

I believe they should have altered the track to wrap around the new land. It was noted when the park opened that the tracks could be expanded as the park grew and that has not happened. It would have been nice if the train had been incorporated into the new bear mountain ride.. like going thru it and seeing some AA scenes in there... similar to what guests see when they ride through Splash Mt at DL and MK parks. I think adding tracks to the rides would be cheaper than changing the carriages altogether?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Theres a new video of the expansion dated only yesterday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uYNXMzF3E]YouTube - Hong Kong Disneyland Expansion Plan - ??????????? 2010-08-20[/ame]

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast