Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 92431323334353637 LastLast

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

The transition between Mystic Point and TSPL is non-existent and looks really bad. A walk though building arch dividing the lands would have really helped (see Columbia Harbor House at WDW for example).

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Super

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Is Disney already preparing the land next to TSPL for future expansion? At least the last picture implies that.

As for the visual intrusion, that orange monstrosity and the ugly green tower shouldn't have get built at all. Not even at WDSP.
    It does look like that, but I think it's more likely the site offices and storage areas for the current expansion. You can see that there isn't any clear area behind the three new lands where any site construction offices could be stationed, and it looks like parts and materials are set out and stored there (the frame near the front of the photo looks like it could be secure fencing around certain materials.

That's my guess anyway!

• Not here to help

Mystic Point´s Adventurer’s Club:

Name:  hkmsg-twams36-22.jpeg
Views: 1493
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  hkmsg-twams36-25.jpeg
Views: 1495
Size:  157.1 KB
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Not here to help

Comming soon:
    Andy´s Toy Box
    ...yay

Name:  hkmsg-twams36-3.jpeg
Views: 1417
Size:  126.7 KB

Some other pics here: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.se/

• Disney + Menken fan

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Comming soon:
    Andy´s Toy Box
    ...yay

Name:  hkmsg-twams36-3.jpeg
Views: 1417
Size:  126.7 KB

Some other pics here: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.se/

Wouldn't be surprise if it was planned for Shanghai Disneyland and build in Hong Kong (or designed for Hong Kong and now added to the Shanghai line-up) Curious to see if WDS jumps in, probably not..

~Dex
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• I'm a Lutheran

Mystic Point needs to open like...oh let's say about...NOW. You guys have no idea how excited I am to see what it looks like on the inside. I could care less about how cartoonish it ends up being, it's an original attraction and seems to be an innovative one to boot. It's going to be fantastic. That's an opinion that I'm going to stick by.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Despite the plastic look of MM, I can't wait to see it open. I really like the design of the building, although I think that the Paris look of PM would have been better for the transition between GG and MM.

I guess TSPL is a success HKDL wants to capitalize on, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to add a toy shop.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Mystic Point needs to open like...oh let's say about...NOW. You guys have no idea how excited I am to see what it looks like on the inside. I could care less about how cartoonish it ends up being, it's an original attraction and seems to be an innovative one to boot. It's going to be fantastic. That's an opinion that I'm going to stick by.
    90% of the ride semes already to have been done in TDL´s Pooh...

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, it needs to be done in Hong Kong Disneyland instead, Timmy, duckling. I mean Mystic Manor has no business being inside TDL's Pooh ride. What's up with that? It's the HKDL guests who deserve to see Mystic Manor first--not the TDL guests!!

• I'm a Lutheran

If I remember correctly the only thing from Pooh being transported to MM is the smoke ball effect which in all fairness was taken from Indy at TDS, the bouncing ride vehicle, the trackless ride vehicle, and I'm sure some of the star effects. Again, I'm only aware of the trackless system and smoke ball being added and not the others I mentioned. I do know that there will probably be wind effects and the air blasts imitating poison darts which of course originated in Indy at Disneyland.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    If I remember correctly the only thing from Pooh being transported to MM is the smoke ball effect which in all fairness was taken from Indy at TDS, the bouncing ride vehicle, the trackless ride vehicle, and I'm sure some of the star effects. Again, I'm only aware of the trackless system and smoke ball being added and not the others I mentioned. I do know that there will probably be wind effects and the air blasts imitating poison darts which of course originated in Indy at Disneyland.
    To be fair... there are very few things, almost nothing at all about the ride that will strike a Disneylandfan as new. Indy and Pooh have been around for decades.

• TDR and Japan fan

I have been quite outdated with HKDL construction project. The Mystic Mansion ride sounds as it will be awesome, being trackless and the music being made by Danny Elfman. I can't wait for 2013, from the outside it looks like it will be a unique attraction
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Not here to help

Here are some new pics from HKMSG. Looks like it is taking forever to build Mystic Manor and Adventurers Club.
    Name:  hkmsg_twams41_23.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  64.3 KB

A hidden Mickey has appeared.
    Name:  hkmsg_twams41_20.JPG
Views: 846
Size:  65.6 KB

• Not here to help

Alot is going on in HKDL... but this place is silent....
    Oh well... here are some pics from HKMSG.

Name:  hkmsg_twams42_09.JPG
Views: 741
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  hkmsg_twams42_10.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  105.6 KB

Name:  2012_Sep_29_Mystic_Manor.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  56.2 KB

On 29 Sep I visited HKDL. This is the photo I took of Mystic Manor. The exterior work seems almost complete, but the ride system and interior is probably a lot more work.

I have changed the lighting levels of the photo because it was taken against the setting sun.