Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11263334353637 LastLast

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I think it would be. Perfect in so many ways. It's the kind of ride DCA needs. Since both inspirations for Mystic Manor (Carson Mansion in Eureka and the Glendale Santitorium in Glendale) are from CA, it really is a great fit. They would just need to change the setting from jungle to something more appropriate like a seaside bluff next to a Victorian amusement pier or a Victorian mansion among the redwoods in the forest (both very close to the environment around Eureka.
    It would be except for the fact that Mystic Manor is exclusive to HKDL for 5 years from opening. Exact replica before 2018 is a strict no no.

WDI will have to come up with a different theme and story for it to be built at DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I just read an article right here on Mice Chat that claimed there would be a delay in Mystic Manor's opening. Instead of opening in the Spring of 2013 it is now claimed that the attraction won't open until Summer of 2013.

ORGOCH: Anybody know what's behind this? I got a powerful urge ta git myself mystified by Spring and don't wanna' wait 'til Summer. It's too hot over in Ping Pong Dizzyland. It's 'nuff ta melt down a witch whilst flyin' over the park 'cause a how dang hot it gits over there in the summer time!!!

Summer?? NOOOOOO!!!!! I already booked for Spring! Not fair!

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by abbadackerygirl View Post
    Summer?? NOOOOOO!!!!! I already booked for Spring! Not fair!
    when they announced the Expansion a few years earlier, the addition of Mystic Manor/Mystic Point was supposed to open in 2014. Now everything was being speeded up, And my educated guess is that Mystic Manor should open around end of 2nd Quarter or start of 3rd Quarter of 2013.

Drat.

• Minion

ORWEN: Maybe you'll get lucky, abbadackerygirl, duckling, and they'll have some soft openings while you're there. We'll be sure to keep our broomsticks crossed for you for good luck!!

• Not here to help

Name:  hkmsg_twams58_11.JPG
Views: 842
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  hkmsg_twams59_04.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  124.4 KB
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Name:  hkmsg_twams60_08.JPG
Views: 742
Size:  117.3 KB

What a difference a week makes. Honestly the Spring might not be out of the question for a soft opening... Of course the ride itself might be far from completion.

My previous trip was in May, but I've already planned to stop by this summer to catch both Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point.

Also from that angle the Toy Story towers really aren't intrusive.
    Last edited by BrianLo; 01-29-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Mystic Manor is a very high-tech ride and it takes a long time to fine tune. It is not an easy job and once you open you cannot do anything much unless you close it again for renovation. That's something you don't want to do for a new ride.

By the way, Andy's Toy Box has completed its exterior work and should be open in mid-February.
    Last edited by Asa; 02-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    It would be except for the fact that Mystic Manor is exclusive to HKDL for 5 years from opening. Exact replica before 2018 is a strict no no.

WDI will have to come up with a different theme and story for it to be built at DCA.
    I believe that Mystic Manor can not be cloned in any new DIsney park or existing park in Asia or Tokyo. The attraction can be cloned in the US parks. HKDL wanted to make sure that it did not get clones in any park that would affect HKDL park which would include the soon to be built SHanghai

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe that Mystic Manor can not be cloned in any new DIsney park or existing park in Asia or Tokyo. The attraction can be cloned in the US parks. HKDL wanted to make sure that it did not get clones in any park that would affect HKDL park which would include the soon to be built SHanghai
    Hong Kong Disneyland Narrows 2011 Loss to $30.5 Million - The Hollywood Reporter

The attraction is world exclusive to HKDL for 5 years from the date of opening full stop. US parks or Tokyo or Paris or Shanghai can have it from summer 2018 (assuming it opens in summer 2013). Anyway it has taken them something like 3.5-4 years to build.

Andy's Toy Box is now open for business!

• Will return Soon...

Wow that thing us UGGGGGGGLY! They could have at least made it look like the toy box in the movies!

• Minion

ORWEN: Wasn't the toy box in the movie even uglier? I seem to remember that it was.

This is supposed to be the cardboard box Andy uses to take his toys out to his backyard.

HKDL has opened it in time for Chinese New Year. It will be a big money earner with all the mainland tourists flooding the park over the CNY holidays.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Looks just like the Carson Mansion in Eureka, California.

It also reminds me of the Winchester Mystery House for some reason; maybe it is just the Victorian architecture...

Winchester Mystery House San
    Jose, CA 2010
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...