Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Notice how the group are looking away from TSL when smiling.

Anyway good news it appears that the expansion is way ahead on schedule and will be completed by 2013. Also its being reported that Disney are in talks with the Hong Kong Government over further expansion. Hong Kong Disney addition ahead of schedule:report - MarketWatch

This is great news hopefully they put couple of more lands and expand the other lands like fanstyland with more dark rides and tommrowland

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Please please please let us have Pirate Coast and Glacier Bay for the new expansion!

I hope the HK govt will at least consult the fans before deciding what should be built.

• Not here to help

No more lands please... add RIDES. What good is empty lands with one ride each like Adventureland, Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL will have to add more rides if it wants to survive from Shanghai Disneyland. If it has more rides than Shanghai Disneyland, the same scenario as DLR and WDW could be put in place. There should be rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain, Star Tours...not RC Racer, and Green Army Men Parachute Jump. The next five years are either going to be HKDL's super-construction stage or it's last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    HKDL will have to add more rides if it wants to survive from Shanghai Disneyland. If it has more rides than Shanghai Disneyland, the same scenario as DLR and WDW could be put in place. There should be rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain, Star Tours...not RC Racer, and Green Army Men Parachute Jump. The next five years are either going to be HKDL's super-construction stage or it's last 5 years.
    Love IJA so much! I will never forget the experience in Tokyo Disney Sea! If it comes to HK, I would be very happy!
    Hope that the government allow HKDL to have chance to build IJA!

• Bangarang!

I wonder, as everyone is pointing out that Pirates is missing from Shanghai's early concept art, could it be back on the table for Hong Kong?

I presume there is still room to add it to Adventureland?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    I wonder, as everyone is pointing out that Pirates is missing from Shanghai's early concept art, could it be back on the table for Hong Kong?

I presume there is still room to add it to Adventureland?
    I hope it is. The newly released concept is what SHDL will probably look like. HKDL's concept art at the time of its ground breaking resembles the final product 85-95%. Theres lots of room for a good Pirates ride for HK. The area south of Grizzly Gulch is huge land and could easily be a part of Adventureland but at the cost of HKDL having a one-ride Frontierland. Other option is to build it north of Fantasyland, adjacent to Toy Story Land but the transition would be terrible.

Ground was broken in 2003 for HKDL (after land had been reclaimed). It took 2.75 years from groundbreaking to opening day. The information that was released to the public during the official HKDL announcement (over 5 years prior to opening) changed by about 70%.

Being five years out from Shanghai's opening, lots could still change - I don't think any attractions are set in stone until ~3 years prior to opening, when foundations are being poured.

Regarding the pirate ride, couldn't the dark gray water ride in the lower right still be that? It seems to correspond with the February overview artwork...

One reason why Indiana Jones/Star Tours may be unlikely to be replicated in HKDL or SDL is that Lucasfilm gets pretty steep fees from Disney for having those rides. I'm sure the Mouse would much rather use its own intellectual properties (PotC, John Carter of Mars, Tron, etc.) than pay to an outside party.

Hong Kong's secretary of Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Mrs. Rita Lau, has resigned due to health issues.

She was the one Andrew Kam negotiated with and voted down Glacier Peak and Pirate Coast. Hopefully her replacement will know better.

• Not here to help

I hope it is. The newly released concept is what SHDL will probably look like. HKDL's concept art at the time of its ground breaking resembles the final product 85-95%. Theres lots of room for a good Pirates ride for HK. The area south of Grizzly Gulch is huge land and could easily be a part of Adventureland but at the cost of HKDL having a one-ride Frontierland. Other option is to build it north of Fantasyland, adjacent to Toy Story Land but the transition would be terrible.
    They could add a pirates type of ride and have some space left for a second smaller attraction in Grizzly Gulch.

This is my main issue with the Hong Kong park and the expansion plan. It is built as if they didnīt have thought about future expansions. Bad planning.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    They could add a pirates type of ride and have some space left for a second smaller attraction in Grizzly Gulch.

This is my main issue with the Hong Kong park and the expansion plan. It is built as if they didnīt have thought about future expansions. Bad planning.
    I agree. The resort is incredibly well designed but can't say the same for the park itself. They really need to change Adventureland's current layout, after all DLs JC got an overhaul if im not mistaken. Or they could make the whole park much better by changing the route of the railroad to go around the entire park and not just phase 1. The new lands look too detached from the main park.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, if they DON'T expand the railroad tracks outward to go around the whole park, a witch would assume they'd at the very least replace the existing passenger cars so that guests can view everything from both directions. Otherwise it will be ludicrous for them to NOT do this.

• Bangarang!

I agree. The resort is incredibly well designed but can't say the same for the park itself. They really need to change Adventureland's current layout, after all DLs JC got an overhaul if im not mistaken. Or they could make the whole park much better by changing the route of the railroad to go around the entire park and not just phase 1. The new lands look too detached from the main park.
    That is quite true. The still appear to be add ons, but maybe that was the point. Whatever was to go on the expansion land would then mean the railroad goes through these lands, which at least to us fans is something unique.

As for re-routing, I have the feeling the answer would be - "sure we can do it, but don't expect any new attractions if we did" I'm sure we can all put up with the current tracks if it favoured an E-ticket or something.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Not here to help

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast