Page 1 of 37 12341126 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Not sure if you all have seen these. It shows HKDL as it looked before it opened.

More pictures can be found at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/GreenGuruGa ... ongPhotos#

http://www.birkdaleinternational.com/pr ... -parks.asp
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-04-2010 at 12:43 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Dreamer

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Nice set of pictures. I wonder how many of these plants are real and how many are fake. It always astounds me that with a bit of plaster and other materials, we could just recreate anything we want.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Great pictures it also gives you great respect for all the hours of work that did go into building it. Just a shame all those hours working on hard carving everything to make it look like real rock falls and geysers. Sadly though planting all that foilage to creatre a visually stunning Adventureland will go to waste once that monstrosity Toy Story Land gets built behind the Jungle Cruise. Enjoy it while you can folks. Since it won't be long before RC Racer and Toy Soldiers Parachute Jump ruin this landscape for good.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Great to see these photos. Its good to see behind the scenes construction stuff.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Nice set of pictures. I wonder how many of these plants are real and how many are fake. It always astounds me that with a bit of plaster and other materials, we could just recreate anything we want.
    Most of the plants in the park are real and I think it was planted about 2003. Alot of it semes to come from Thailand.
    The Tarzan tree might not be real

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Great find Timmy, as Malin said, Adventureland will be ruined when you see that ugly green tower bulging out of nowhere. I think WDI don't really give a hoot about HKDL and just went brain dead after conjuring up Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail because they haven't come up with something that original for quite a while.

• Banned User

Whether Adventureland will be ruined or not remains to be seen. The trees at HKDL have really grown a lot since opening day, so maybe.. they will be tall enough to cover those ugly off-the-shelf rides?
    As for what is real, as far as I know,..only the Tarzan Tree is fake, in addition to some tree props in the Jungle Cruise, like the one holding the zafari group above the rhino?

• Not here to help

Those terrible and no good things some call rides will be visible from every land in the park if they build them on the same level as the rest. They could dig a deep hole and place the entire land in it. It would prevent the park from being totally ruined.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Those terrible and no good things some call rides will be visible from every land in the park if they build them on the same level as the rest. They could dig a deep hole and place the entire land in it. It would prevent the park from being totally ruined.
    Well....TSL, MP, and GG will eventually be a bit lower that the rest of the park since they are behind the berm like IASW which isnt visible from anywhere. It wont make much of an effect but at least the green tower wont look as tall as it is in WDS.

• Not here to help

It semes as if theme is not something on top of Disneys agenda these days. Today itīs more about squeeze and cut. Thatīs how they can make TSPL fit in WDS. We still donīt really know how it will look in HKDL. The land itself is ok as long it is isolated from the other lands. Theme of being in Toy Story makes it extra important not to blend the experince with the sights and views of the rest of the park. The worst case scenario is if Toy Story will cast a shadow all over HKDL.
    Another thing that I will never understand about HKDL is the fact that there will be 4! Toy Story rides in that tiny and half empty park. Talk about Toy Story domination.

• Jack's Posse

I love the photos Great Job!
    I think HKDL's Adventureland is good theming wise. It actually feels as if you are in a jungle. It just needs more rides thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Not here to help

A splash mountain or a pirates (Paris version) but themed to Pocahontas or even Up! would be great for HDKLīs adventure land. The dream would be to have the Indiana Jones And The Lost Expedition in this land. But that will never happen. Adventureland in HKDL is such a nice place to be in but thereīs not much at all to do. Even the Liki Tikis get boring after a while

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

A splash mountain or a pirates (Paris version) but themed to Pocahontas or even Up! would be great for HDKLīs adventure land. The dream would be to have the Indiana Jones And The Lost Expedition in this land. But that will never happen. Adventureland in HKDL is such a nice place to be in but thereīs not much at all to do. Even the Liki Tikis get boring after a while
    There is land available for an Indy in AL. The area south of Grizzly where Demon Jungle is can be made into an Indy section for AL or an entirely new land itself. But given what we're getting (2 greats and 3 mehs) i think id choose this platter over Indy anytime

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    There is land available for an Indy in AL. The area south of Grizzly where Demon Jungle is can be made into an Indy section for AL or an entirely new land itself. But given what we're getting (2 greats and 3 mehs) i think id choose this platter over Indy anytime
    I have been waiting for a Mysteryland for years and to see one finally comming is great, even if itīs called Mystic Point or whatever...
    But itīs a bit sad that it does not have enough room for a second attraction. A mystical house and a sandbox or what it is that they have planned is not enough. All the additions to HKDL does not make Adventureland any better. A full land should have atleast two rides. (The rafts are NOT a ride even if Disney and HKgovt want us to belive that they are). The space next to the Grizzly area would fit the two rides that make Indiana Jones And The Lost Expedition, but if that was the case the Jungle Cruise wouldnīt be included. If the space would be used a brand new land for a later expansion insted of a second ride for Grizzly Gulch it would mean that yet another "one-ride-land" was to be built. ...or another "fun" play area with new versions of shelf rides.
    I would like to see Indiana Jones AS WELL as the additions to come. But then again, what I would like to see in HKDL would make up yet another HKDL.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

I have been waiting for a Mysteryland for years and to see one finally comming is great, even if itīs called Mystic Point or whatever...
    But itīs a bit sad that it does not have enough room for a second attraction. A mystical house and a sandbox or what it is that they have planned is not enough. All the additions to HKDL does not make Adventureland any better. A full land should have atleast two rides. (The rafts are NOT a ride even if Disney and HKgovt want us to belive that they are).
    I would like to see Indiana Jones AS WELL as the additions to come. But then again, what I would like to see in HKDL would make up yet another HKDL.
    yes the Mystic Point thing is a tragedy, I could see an Indy attraction in that land if it was imagineered right. The poor layout of HKDL overall is just going to be a bad factor in future expansion opportunities and i HOPE one day TSL will be torn down for a better thing like the Toon Town at MK is being replaced, since its just a group of carnival rides branded with a multi million dollar franchise.

Page 1 of 37 12341126 ... LastLast