Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Angry Marvel invades HKDL!

Spiderman and Iron Man 2 toys just went up at Storybook Shoppe (Which happens to be a PRINCESS shop) today since i was there yesterday as well but these werent here yesterday.

Expect the infestation to spread to the Emporium in a few days since every shop in HKDL has the same things that are on sale at the Emporium except pins and clothes.

• Banned User

Re: Marvel invades HKDL!

AWFUL!!! I really hate that Disney is doing this. It's the same way I felt when they adopted the Muppets, Star Wars and indiana Jones franchises due to those attractions being at the parks. I saw the same marvel crap toys in the World of Disney at WDW and I assume I will see it at DLR this weekend as well.
    It's disheartening and only re-emphasizes the current management approach to the operation of the theme parks: its all about how they can make the money and not about the quality of theme and show, and this is a good example of that.
    Very sad indeed.

As much as I LOVE Marvel, I agree that this is going too far. Putting Marvel in a shop is one thing, putting Marvel in a shop where it has no place in, as in this Fantasyland shop, is another.

• World Traveler

It's all about the money.

Stop complaining about Marvel showing up in the parks ok, did you complain when Star Wars Merchandise showed up in the parks?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The T View Post
    Stop complaining about Marvel showing up in the parks ok, did you complain when Star Wars Merchandise showed up in the parks?
    I can't answer for others here, but YES, I did complain back then when Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the Muppets, and the horrible Power rangers crashed the park. Mind you, Star Tours and Temple of Forbidden eye/Crystal Skull are great attractions, but there is nothing of that caliber found at any Disney park in regards to marvel. Maybe the day Disney puts some money into a true and extravagant E-ticket ride featuring the marvel characters, then.. maybe I will change my mind.
    But I have to add that anyone who thinks that stocking garbagy marvel toys that most likely won't sell in park shops where the theming is not fitting, then that person has no rights calling him/herself a "disney fan" because it's obvious he/she does not know anything about what set the Disney parks apart, and that is the problem with the current management at Walt Disney Co: it's all about the $$ they can squeeze from guests by means of synergy, and not with respect to the show and traditions that used to set the Disney parks apart.

• Not here to help

Disney should build a DisneySEA in Hong Kong with a port themed to Marvel. But Marvel toys in Fantasyland... whats next? mustard on icecream?
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-15-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Disney should build a DisneySEA in Hong Kong with a port themed to Marvel. But Marvel toys in Fantasyland... whats next? mustard on ixcecream?
    no no no not Disney, OLC

If a DisneySEA was built by The WDC then god knows how cheap it would look in comparison to TDS. I mean Isnt TDS the most expensive theme park ever made anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    But I have to add that anyone who thinks that stocking garbagy marvel toys that most likely won't sell in park shops where the theming is not fitting, then that person has no rights calling him/herself a "disney fan" because it's obvious he/she does not know anything about what set the Disney parks apart, and that is the problem with the current management at Walt Disney Co: it's all about the $$ they can squeeze from guests by means of synergy, and not with respect to the show and traditions that used to set the Disney parks apart.
    Also, these toys were way more expensive than the same ones being sold at Toys R Us and the local nightmarkets and a Chinese crowd in particular will never buy overpriced goods even if they are in a Disney theme park.

• Dreamer

Wait, what? Since when does Spidey need transportation? =/

• Not here to help

haha yea I ment OLC.

DisneySEA is the most expansive themepark ever built. Thinking how much that money could build in Hong Kong where labour and stuff is cheaper. Oh well I guess we have to look forward to see WDSHK.

The things one can buy in a Disneyland should be a bit special. Those Spidermen look like those in Mongkok or Shenzhen.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Thinking how much that money could build in Hong Kong where labour and stuff is cheaper.
    Well Disney COULD do it but the HK Government will never let Disney invest so much because they want to be the majority shareholder. The problem with this is that the Government is never going to invest anymore money into HKDL, you have to wonder why Hong Kongers hate the government so much....

• Jack's Posse

If they are going to add merchandse I would rather see something else nit just a cheap generic toy. I would like to see shirts maybe even a Mickey Mouse style marvel hats.(i know,I know please don't kill me)
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Cool Yule

Its a real shame they haven't got a DTD in HK yet, they could save putting these in a Princess shop and have one dedicated to all things Marvel.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

yuck

a marvel shop in fantasyland?? WTF??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast