Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

TDLFAN's Photo Trip report and july Update

I went to HKDL this past monday July 26th.. but only for a couple of hours... in order to renew my Annual Passport for the next year at wonderfull HKDL.. in hopes to be able to enjoy halloween, Xmas and Chinese New year from now until next july. It was a very lovely and huid afternoon at HKDL, and was able to capture some images for you to enjoy. Nothing that many of you have already seen, but the fact is.. HKDL is a very lovely park, with lots of quality and potential here. This has been discussed before.. but we can only hope Disney will do right and continue to make this place a unique experience.. Just on location alone, it's Disney most unique park. Here are some photos...

Sleeping Beauty Castle

Piano man on Main Street.

The Hub.

Summer decor.

TDLFAN enjoys what HKDL has to offer..

Sleeping beauty Castle

Snow White's Grotto.

Entering Fantasyland.

Castle decor.

That see-thru shop sign...

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride.

The Sword in the Stone.

Royal Banquet. One of TDLFAN's favorite places to eat at HKDL.

Decor in the Royal banquet restaurant is exquisite.

HKDL's Philharmagic Attraction.

Dumbo.

Merlin's Treasures shop has completed it's outdoors refurbishing and looks great.

Sand sculptures are available for viewing during the Summer Stitch hangout event.

Those lovely gardens in Fantasyland.

Arriving in Adventureland, from Fantasyland's entrance..

TDLFAN's favorite shaded spot.

TDLFAN loves HKDL's Adventureland woodsy feeling.

Practical theming.. are they benches or just mud around the tree trunk?

The obligatory Leaky Tikis photo. These guys never looked better in hawaiian motif.

The River View Cafe is a TDLFAN favorite spot to eat, for it's lovely outdoor woodsy dining area.

Tarzan's Tree House.

Guests walk towards the Tarzan's Treehouse, then all of a sudden...

FLASH FLOOD!!!!

Construction is underway and site preparation continues for the expansion of HKDL.

Everyone enjoys the playful baby elephant at Tarzan's Treehouse exit.

MORE photos coming shortly.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-27-2010 at 11:45 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: TDLFAN's Photo Trip report and july Update

Hey TDLFAN great pics again! quick question about what time of day did you visit the park? Was it middle of the day? The park seems empty

• Banned User

The details of moss on the trunk and roots on HKDL's Tarzan Treehouse are amazingly real-looking.

The colors of HKDL's Adventureland.

Main Street USA prepares for today's 1st of 2 performances of "Water works parade".

"Waterwroks" Parade is one of TDLFAN's favorite parades of any Disney park, It's just plain fun fun fun, without ever asking the audience to clap or scream along..such as the case with street parades at both DLR and WDW parks.

Traffic was heavy in Tomorrowland.

Sttich photo spot.

Orbitron and Space Mouintain.

IASW.

The queue for IASW was a bit long.

This version of IASW draws from the original ride in CA, and TDLFAN considers this version to be the 2nd best on Earth, with DLP's being best, DL's 3rd, TDL's 4th and WDW's 5th.

Cindy and Charming.

Holland.

Africa.

So. America.

USA feat. Pocahontas.

Hong Kong.

Rain forrest.

Finale.

Alice's tea cups.

Fantasia Gardens.

Sleeping Beauty castle.

Final set of photos COMING shortly...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-27-2010 at 11:54 PM.

• Banned User

Back on Main Street before leaving the park... Guests line up for their chance to photograph with Mickey and Minnie in Town Square.

Main Street Train Station, presented by UPS.

HKDL City Hall.

The Emporium.

TDLFAN loves this mural inside the shop on Main Street.

Duffy impostor!!!

This HUGE house is inside a gift shop on Main Street.

This animated sillouette of Mickey is seen in the Emporium and I believe it's also found at TDL's Grand Emporium...and somewhere at the MK as well. Or is it DLP? Can't get my Disneyland parks straight!!!

The Opera House currently features the "Art Of Animation" exhibit.

Character statues are presented to guests...and TDLFAN wants them all in his Disney Room at home.

The Zoethrope.. (if I am not mistaken on the proper name) is a revolving spectacle of animation that comes to life via flashing strobes. Disney California Adventures also has one of these on display.

One last look down Main Street USA before leaving the park... but take a look at that cloud over the castle... what Disney character does it look like?

It's almost like being back in CA...

Posters are found under the train station.. and this one may look familiar to all who visited Disneyland CA during it's 55th birthday...

Today's guidemaps, show times, AP information and restaurant guide.

TDLFAN loves how the trees around the big tree make a canopy over guests seating around the garden.

Leaving the park...

One last look at HKDL...

The lovely HKDL fountain on the promenade.

Walking towards the MTR Disneyland Resort Station.

Which way to go????

Bye Lilo...

Oh no, thank YOU!

Disneyland Resort MTR Station...

...is very spacious and airy.

Just like the Tokyo Disney resort monorails.. the MTR trains serving the DL Pink Line also have mickey shaped windows and disney character statues inside, plus mickey shape hand straps.. very cool Make the WDW monos look like the #5 subway to the Bronx.

Yes, it's sad. We are leaving HKDL Resort.. and 9as the announcement on the train says.. "returning to the modern city of Hong Kong!"

This ends this trip report to HKDL. Thanks.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-28-2010 at 12:39 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Hey TDLFAN great pics again! quick question about what time of day did you visit the park? Was it middle of the day? The park seems empty
    Main Street at HKDL always looks dead in the early afternoon hours, when most people are in the back of the park. Don't let these pics fool you.. there were about 20,000 guests in the park, and many attractions were busy and so were the restaurants in the late afternoon by the time I left the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Is the food at river view cafe really good? It's the only restaurant I haven't been to. And a wonderful TR as always TDLFAN.

• Minion

Fantastic series of pics TDLFAN, much appreciated

• World Traveler

Wonderful photos and TR! Thanks for sharing.

One of those signs above needs to be touched up!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Nice photo report! I like how HKDL takes just a bit from TDR in the way they do seasonal events and parades. It's nice that WDC is taking that approach as opposed to just letting things sit there for years like the US parks. The summer decorations are cute. Also, the park looks very clean, which is always nice to see. Oh, and TDLFAN, you look like you've lost weight.

• Surf's Up!

Looking at these snaps made me realise just how nice HKDL really is. Sure its got a few problems (some attractions lacking) but thats something that can be rectified through expansion.

Its not all the doom and gloom that we seem to perceive.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• You have much to learn...

A quick question TDLFAN- Since I don't follow much about the Hong Kong resort, I wanted to ask about the Halloween events there. I've heard about the Glow in the Dark parade & seen the decor with Jack Skellington- I know they change things slightly, but are the parades and decorations basically the same from year to year?

My friend is planning on going back again in mid September to see the park for Halloween since he also got an annual pass on his first visit back in March since it came out cheaper than buying several day passes- so he figures he may as well go back to visit.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I always enjoy your pictures, TDLFAN, duckling--along with the photos from anyone else who cares to share. Thank you for giving your time by putting these up.

• Disney Fan & Musician

HKDL is such a beautiful park. It's a shame that it wasn't built to its full potential.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    A quick question TDLFAN- Since I don't follow much about the Hong Kong resort, I wanted to ask about the Halloween events there. I've heard about the Glow in the Dark parade & seen the decor with Jack Skellington- I know they change things slightly, but are the parades and decorations basically the same from year to year?
    Ok.. Sadly, the last time I visited HKDL during Halloween was in 2007, and that was the year they premiered the "Glow in the Dark" Parade, which was great. As far as I know, the parade has not changed since. However, the decorations have changed from one year to the next based on the pictures I have seen. They have also added more scary mazes themed slightly to the different lands where they are located. In 2007, they had the haunted hotel on Main Street. 2008 saw the debut of the haunted jungle maze... and last year, it was the "Alien" inspired scary UFO maze. I don't know what they will do this year, but chances are your friend will be able to see the Glow in the dark parade again... that is, if they don't decide to do something special for the park's 5th anniversary this september. So, we'll have to stay tuned and wait for the press release sometime in the next few weeks.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Great pics, do you have any more shots of the merchandise that you can post?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast