Disney characters in Hong Kong Disneyland

Hi, I'm going to Hong Kong Disneyland in a week and I'd like to know how the characters interact with people. Are they allowed to roam free like in Disneyland or is it strictly Meet and Greet? There are a couple of characters that I'd like to meet, like the Mad Hatter, for example. Is he in HK Disneyland?

Thanks!

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Disney characters in Hong Kong Disneyland

I'm pretty sure that the main area for meet-n-greets in HKDL is Fantasy Gardens. According to Wikipedia, the Mad Hatter does not appear at Fantasy Gardens, but Alice, the White Rabbit, and the Queen of Hearts do appear.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

And a host of other new characters appear daily at the "Stitch's Summer Surprise" event near the Sleeping Beauty Castle.

It's rare to see the white rabbit and the red queen in HKDL, but I guarantee that you can meet a far more beautiful Mulan than in any other parks.

• Banned User

Speaking of Disney characters... you will have the chance to meet TDLFAN at HKDL this afternoon (wed, aug 11th) at the park. Look for him in Hard Rock Cafe Saipan navy tee and sexy denim shorts.

As for characters. very rarely you will see characters roaming the park. however, there are plenty of meet and greet areas. Mickey is usually found at the gazeebo in Town Square. Other dedicated meet and greet areas are the fantasia Gardens in Fantasyland, and currently, the castle forecourt.

Some one mentioned the white rabbit? he currently can be seen daily in the waterworks parade. The Queen of hearts.. not so much. I think I have only seen her during halloween.

Buzz appears regularly between his Astroblasters ride and the Starliiner Diner.

Check the Show times guide for meet and greet info on the day of your visit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Actually there are quite a lot of characters at HKDL as walk arounds for certain events (mainly star guest and CNY). Kudos to M.I.W:

And Captain Li Shang only comes at the Lantern Festival season in HK/China

Thanks guys! I just came back from HK Disneyland yesterday and it was very fun! I took your advice and went to Fantasy Gardens to meet some of the characters. There were many fuzzies (sadly, no Alice, I was really looking forward to seeing her) and saw a very beautiful Cinderella as well!

Sadly, there were no fireworks the night when I went due to the Philippines bus hijack incident.
    "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney