Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    It also looks as if Disney wants HKDL to fail in every regard. Management at HKDL is doing their uber best to make guests happy each year with seasonal offerings only rivaled by TDR. Even if MM is the most expensive E-Ticket ever made, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY not kill Toy Story Land!????!!!?

    In the worst case situation that these rumors are true, will the money go to the financing of MKs expansion or the Ratatouille ride? My god this is like a kick in the rear to everyone who had high hopes for HKDL. Would Disney EVER EVER EVER put TSL into MK or DL? NO. If this is true then i know A LOT of CMs at HKDL who will be very disappointed at this since they only made mention of MM and not GG. SHAME SHAME SHAME.
    I don't think the budget of Mystic Manor was any more extreme than similarly-scaled attractions. Nothing I've read has suggested that it would be overbudget by any means. Like Ratatouille, it probably would have been in the $150 million or so range.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    465

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    I would think they would only cut the budget of the buildings not the ride or otherwise disney would be cursed for erternity if it was the ride!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

  3. #18

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LV-223
    Posts
    760

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Id rather have a carbon copy of HM than a cheap new ride at HKDL. I hope to god that Disney axes TSL and focuses on Mystic Manor.

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Id rather have a carbon copy of HM than a cheap new ride at HKDL. I hope to god that Disney axes TSL and focuses on Mystic Manor.
    Me too, but you have to remember that Disney caters to its market and not the few hardcore Disney fans like us. Business-wise, opening 3 new lands instead of 2 seems a lot more appealing to everyone. Remember that the majority of visitors will probably love Toy Story Playland, just like the reaction in Paris. These are the same guests who would rather see more rides at the park (which Toy Story Playland will bring). If you had to ask the average guest to choose, they would pick Toy Story Playland over some improvements to Mystic Manor.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    233

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    WDC lie to HK people again!!! We are all disappointed!!!

  6. #21

    • The Study of Wumbo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    1,822

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    This sucks. It all looked so promising.
    -Hale (wumbology)

    a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

    (I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])



  7. #22

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LV-223
    Posts
    760

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Me too, but you have to remember that Disney caters to its market and not the few hardcore Disney fans like us. Business-wise, opening 3 new lands instead of 2 seems a lot more appealing to everyone. Remember that the majority of visitors will probably love Toy Story Playland, just like the reaction in Paris. These are the same guests who would rather see more rides at the park (which Toy Story Playland will bring). If you had to ask the average guest to choose, they would pick Toy Story Playland over some improvements to Mystic Manor.
    Yea you're right, the chinese and French can't differentiate a Disney experience to an ordinary amusement park one. Quite a few of my local friends got angry at why HKDL doesn't have a Cable Car when Ocean Park does. Same thing with the roller coasters "HK Disney sucks cause there is no big roller coaster with tons of loops". But its stuff like Mystic Manor that will dethrone Ocean Park as Hong Kong's most popular theme park.

  8. #23

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LV-223
    Posts
    760

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by keithlee83 View Post
    WDC lie to HK people again!!! We are all disappointed!!!
    Hopefully either this is a rumor and nothing more, or Disney will reconsider this.

  9. #24

    • Disney + Menken fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    225

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    -cries-
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

  10. #25

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,290

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Yea you're right, the chinese and French can't differentiate a Disney experience to an ordinary amusement park one. Quite a few of my local friends got angry at why HKDL doesn't have a Cable Car when Ocean Park does. Same thing with the roller coasters "HK Disney sucks cause there is no big roller coaster with tons of loops". But its stuff like Mystic Manor that will dethrone Ocean Park as Hong Kong's most popular theme park.
    hahaha why on earth should a themepark have a cable car ride? Walking around in that place is terrible in the sun.
    Ocean Park is one of the worst themeparks that I have been to. It´s the kind of place where a scary ride is only scary because of rust and lazy CMs... oh wait... Ocean Park does not have CMs... it has the happiest Panda in a cage.

    But still people always recomend one to go to Ocean Park and NOT to go to Disneyland.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    But still people always recomend one to go to Ocean Park and NOT to go to Disneyland.
    This is very true. All my friends in China tell me that they have no interest in Hong Kong Disneyland because it has too little rides. When I try to explain that I like the theming and detail in the park, they just laugh and say that rides are all that matters in a park. They are more impressed by how big and fun a ride looks from the outside and not so much how well themed it is. A large roller coaster would be better than a Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion in their minds.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  12. #27

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LV-223
    Posts
    760

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    This is very true. All my friends in China tell me that they have no interest in Hong Kong Disneyland because it has too little rides. When I try to explain that I like the theming and detail in the park, they just laugh and say that rides are all that matters in a park. They are more impressed by how big and fun a ride looks from the outside and not so much how well themed it is. A large roller coaster would be better than a Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion in their minds.
    I just hated defending Disney at school since everyone (keep in mind that this is an international school with people from UK mainly) was saying "Disney is for babies...space mountain is too slow...mickey mouse is so lame" and above all the most loathed phrase at school for me: "grow up". But i think HKDL has been doing a really good job advertising outside of HK since there were so many more tourists there this year in comparison to locals.

  13. #28

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    That is VERY disappointing. Out of all the rides coming to all the Disney resorts in the next few years, Mystic Manor was the only one I was looking forward too. Financially, I understand it makes sense to pour more money into roller coasters, like Grizzly Mountain, and thrill rides, like in TSPL, but I am nonetheless very disappointed with HKDL and Disney in general. There is now no way I ever want to go to HKDL is this is true.

  14. #29

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Azusa, Ca
    Posts
    392

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    BTW... if you have a copy of the latest Imagineering book, there is a piece of artwork that shows the Little Mermaid attraction at DCA with a trackless ride system.

    Of course we all know that was switched to an Omnimover system.

    This all sounds familiar.

  15. #30

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Ocean Park is one of the worst themeparks that I have been to. It´s the kind of place where a scary ride is only scary because of rust and lazy CMs... oh wait... Ocean Park does not have CMs... it has the happiest Panda in a cage.
    But it has something that HK Disneyland doesn't . . . huge attendance and positive public opinion.

    The locals think that Hong Kong Disneyland is a waste of time and money. There are very few attractions for the price. I think that the average person DOES appreciate the lovely details of the park, but for the high cost, they expect more. The same way that US consumers felt about DCA but even more extreme since HKDL opened with far fewer attractions than DCA.

    Personally, I loved HKDL. But 1) I had the money to spend at the time and 2) I only had half a day to spend in the park (and that's all the time it took to see the whole park).

    I could see how a person would be upset if they spent years worth of their vacation savings on a park which offers so little. The ultimate Disney ripoff.

    Cutting back on Mystic Manor won't necessary be a problem as long as it allows for the attraction to maintain the interesting show scenes and effects. An omnimover attraction is lacking at HKDL and would be a welcome addition in my opinion (though not as welcome as a trackless ride system would be).

    At this point, HKDL needs rides . . . lots of them . . . there will likely be many budget battles between now and the end of construction on the three new mini lands.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
  2. [Chat] After HKDL, Which Disney Resort(s) Will Next Get Grizzly Gulch and/or Mystic Point?
    By Ride Warrior in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. [News] Mystic Manor Facebook Page
    By Ghost Galaxy in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 04:19 PM
  4. [Video] Mystic Manor Revealed
    By PennysBayChronicle in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM
  5. Celebrity sighting... Power Rangers Mystic Force!
    By WRDup in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •