Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Sad Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

ORDDU: My sisters and I don't know how true this rumor is but--over on the Laughing Place discussion boards for Hong Kong Disneyland--someone has reported that budget cuts are already being planned for Mystic Manor. If this is true, it seems like a slap in the face for Hong Kong Disneyland fans who have been waiting so long for an attraction that would have been so significantly unique and special for them. Time will tell how accurate this rumor becomes. In the meantime, things don't sound as positive for this attraction as they originally did.

• Tomorrow's Child

Re: Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?

I hope that's not true.

The only way that would be acceptable is if they were diverting funds to other parts of the expansion temporarily.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

ORDDU: Indeed! If memory correctly serves a witch from what she read, someone reported that the budget cuts could involve doing away with the trackless system that was originally planned for this attraction. Hopefully someone who really knows what's going on over there will come on board and tell us the facts.

• Minion

ORDDU: Here is the exact wording of the report we read on the Laughing Place news regarding Hong Kong Disneyland:

We have heard that the budget has been radically slashed for Hong Kong Disneyland's upcoming E-Ticket attraction Mystic Manor. The attraction which was to be the park's version of The Haunted Mansion has been subjected to numerous reviews over budget and timetable. The budget restrictions will affect story, show and the proposed ride system (which was to be a trackless system like Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh's Hunny Hunt). The attraction is unlikely to open in the same form as exhibited at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Showcase at D23 Expo last year unless another change of course happens.

• 秘密のヘルツ

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Here is the exact wording of the report we read on the Laughing Place news regarding Hong Kong Disneyland:

We have heard that the budget has been radically slashed for Hong Kong Disneyland's upcoming E-Ticket attraction Mystic Manor. The attraction which was to be the park's version of The Haunted Mansion has been subjected to numerous reviews over budget and timetable. The budget restrictions will affect story, show and the proposed ride system (which was to be a trackless system like Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh's Hunny Hunt). The attraction is unlikely to open in the same form as exhibited at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Showcase at D23 Expo last year unless another change of course happens.
    If this is true, then I will never, ever visit Hong Kong Disneyland, EVER. I refuse to give Disney money for an inferior product that just has their name on it.

I will go to Tokyo, because they respect their customers enough to spend money to keep them entertained.

How far the mighty have fallen. Disney continues to let me down, if this isn't just a rumor.

• Not here to help

Budget cuts is a Disney trademark. It happends all the time. This might be one of those "normal" cuts. The trackless ride does not bother me. But if they cut out effects and other things that are more visual I have to say that this park is heading the same way as WDS.

Couldn´t they just cut Toy Story Land? Nobody wants it anyway.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Budget cuts is a Disney trademark. It happends all the time. This might be one of those "normal" cuts. The trackless ride does not bother me. But if they cut out effects and other things that are more visual I have to say that this park is heading the same way as WDS.

Couldn´t they just cut Toy Story Land? Nobody wants it anyway.
    ++++++++++1

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

I really doubt this given that Mystic Manor already got a big budget cut last year when one of its scenes were removed. The imagineers at the Walt Disney Family Museum confirmed that the trackless technology of the ride would make it the best version of HM ever. That was only like a while back.

I really hope this is a rumor and not true.

• will-o-the-whip

While I wouldn't be surprised, I still doubt it.
    I'd rather they cut Toy Story Land entirely and kept MM to a high standard.

• Banned User

This a sign of Disneyland Honk Kong big woes to add to the list?

Its seems to be true, and what's more sad. What was shown at the D23 Expo last September, the model, it's going to change big time. The entire attraction is going through review, and the budget cut even calls for changing the ride system, it will no longer be trackless. Basically, Mystic Manor is going back on the drawing board with an unknown date of opening.

Source: laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-75314.asp]Budget Cuts in Hong Kong Disneyland's Mystic Manor? - The Latest - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 08-26-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy

• Minion

Some people have predicted that it will return to an Omnimover system. Hopefully, the amount of show scenes are not affected too dramaticallly.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

I still do not trust any source regarding this sort of stuff. A rumor is still a rumor regardless of where it originates.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    I still do not trust any source regarding this sort of stuff. A rumor is still a rumor regardless of where it originates.
    It is not confirmed for sure, but LP has been very credible with its insider data. They've often reported things weeks or even months before they were officially announced. I suspect there is some truth behind this, or they would not risk their credibility. Meanwhile, my fingers are crossed that things will continue to change for the better.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Oh great, the ONE ride that is the coolest thing Disney's making these days is going to get axed and at what cost? Can't TSL be booted and have MM at its full glory?

Shame on Disney IF this is true (which im praying its not).

Besides didnt one of the high profile imagineers say at the WDFamily Museum at the same lecture in which SHDL concept art was shown, that MM would be the most technologically advanced version of HM ever made? Isn't it late for budget cuts since groundwork has already begun on MP? Now im going to brood over my mac for 3 years to wait and see what happens to MM
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 08-26-2010 at 03:45 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

It also looks as if Disney wants HKDL to fail in every regard. Management at HKDL is doing their uber best to make guests happy each year with seasonal offerings only rivaled by TDR. Even if MM is the most expensive E-Ticket ever made, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY not kill Toy Story Land!????!!!?

In the worst case situation that these rumors are true, will the money go to the financing of MKs expansion or the Ratatouille ride? My god this is like a kick in the rear to everyone who had high hopes for HKDL. Would Disney EVER EVER EVER put TSL into MK or DL? NO. If this is true then i know A LOT of CMs at HKDL who will be very disappointed at this since they only made mention of MM and not GG. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast