Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    465

    Mystic Manor will give...

    Harry potter Forbidden joruney run for it money since Mystic Manor looks much better with the scenes!
    What do you think?
    Since all i heard darts getting thrown in front and things beign shot at you!
    it sounds like its giving a ran for your money :l
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    It's too early to tell, especially with the rumored budget cuts. It does look very nice from the concept art, but one can only guess what the finished product ends up looking like.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    465

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It's too early to tell, especially with the rumored budget cuts. It does look very nice from the concept art, but one can only guess what the finished product ends up looking like.
    I know i just wanted to see if people thought it will...
    DO you think it will? if it goes to plan
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I know i just wanted to see if people thought it will...
    DO you think it will? if it goes to plan
    Technology-wise, I think Forbidden Journey will still be more impressive. But Mystic Manor certainly would have been one of the most amazing dark rides ever built. The show scenes looked more elaborate than Forbidden Journey's, which mostly consists of screens rather than fully built sets. Along with the trackless system, Mystic Manor would have been the 21st century version of Haunted Mansion. And given the success of the Mansions around the globe, there is no doubt that Mystic Manor had all the makings of a classic Disney attraction- containing almost every successful element of past E-ticket attractions.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  5. #5

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange
    Posts
    1,676

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Technology-wise, I think Forbidden Journey will still be more impressive. But Mystic Manor certainly would have been one of the most amazing dark rides ever built. The show scenes looked more elaborate than Forbidden Journey's, which mostly consists of screens rather than fully built sets. Along with the trackless system, Mystic Manor would have been the 21st century version of Haunted Mansion. And given the success of the Mansions around the globe, there is no doubt that Mystic Manor had all the makings of a classic Disney attraction- containing almost every successful element of past E-ticket attractions.
    Argeed.


    Timekeeper

  6. #6

    • The Study of Wumbo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    1,822

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    It doesn't really matter if Mystic Manor is as good or better than the Forbidden Journey... They're not competing. Not many people are thinking, "I'm driving a few hours down to Universal, in Florida, for a few days to see Harry Potter. OH WAIT NO I'm gonna fly across the world to Hong Kong and see Mystic Manor! YEAH!"

    Plus, now, with rumors of major cuts to the ride, we'll be lucky to have something up to the standards of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    -Hale (wumbology)

    a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

    (I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])



  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    76

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Plus, now, with rumors of major cuts to the ride, we'll be lucky to have something up to the standards of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    Which is already stunning at it`s own, but MM has (or had?) the potential to be even greater.

    But what about projects overseas like Cars Land at DCA? It`s massive and if the LA Times spoiler article is correct, it`s going to have some truly great stuff.

  8. #8

    • The Study of Wumbo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    1,822

    Re: Mystic Manor will give...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    But what about projects overseas like Cars Land at DCA? It`s massive and if the LA Times spoiler article is correct, it`s going to have some truly great stuff.
    As I said, it doesn't matter. Disneyland Resort nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, neither are in the same market as Universal Orlando. If Disney wants to "compete" with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they need to put in a real new, really great attraction into WALT DISNEY WORLD. That's the only place that matters in this "competition."
    -Hale (wumbology)

    a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

    (I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])



Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
  2. [Rumor] Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?
    By Witches of Morva in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:14 AM
  3. [News] Mystic Manor Facebook Page
    By Ghost Galaxy in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 04:19 PM
  4. [Video] Mystic Manor Revealed
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •