Mystic Manor will give...

Harry potter Forbidden joruney run for it money since Mystic Manor looks much better with the scenes!
    What do you think?
    Since all i heard darts getting thrown in front and things beign shot at you!
    it sounds like its giving a ran for your money :l
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Minion

Re: Mystic Manor will give...

It's too early to tell, especially with the rumored budget cuts. It does look very nice from the concept art, but one can only guess what the finished product ends up looking like.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It's too early to tell, especially with the rumored budget cuts. It does look very nice from the concept art, but one can only guess what the finished product ends up looking like.
    I know i just wanted to see if people thought it will...
    DO you think it will? if it goes to plan
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I know i just wanted to see if people thought it will...
    DO you think it will? if it goes to plan
    Technology-wise, I think Forbidden Journey will still be more impressive. But Mystic Manor certainly would have been one of the most amazing dark rides ever built. The show scenes looked more elaborate than Forbidden Journey's, which mostly consists of screens rather than fully built sets. Along with the trackless system, Mystic Manor would have been the 21st century version of Haunted Mansion. And given the success of the Mansions around the globe, there is no doubt that Mystic Manor had all the makings of a classic Disney attraction- containing almost every successful element of past E-ticket attractions.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Technology-wise, I think Forbidden Journey will still be more impressive. But Mystic Manor certainly would have been one of the most amazing dark rides ever built. The show scenes looked more elaborate than Forbidden Journey's, which mostly consists of screens rather than fully built sets. Along with the trackless system, Mystic Manor would have been the 21st century version of Haunted Mansion. And given the success of the Mansions around the globe, there is no doubt that Mystic Manor had all the makings of a classic Disney attraction- containing almost every successful element of past E-ticket attractions.
    Argeed.

Timekeeper

• The Study of Wumbo

It doesn't really matter if Mystic Manor is as good or better than the Forbidden Journey... They're not competing. Not many people are thinking, "I'm driving a few hours down to Universal, in Florida, for a few days to see Harry Potter. OH WAIT NO I'm gonna fly across the world to Hong Kong and see Mystic Manor! YEAH!"

Plus, now, with rumors of major cuts to the ride, we'll be lucky to have something up to the standards of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Plus, now, with rumors of major cuts to the ride, we'll be lucky to have something up to the standards of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    Which is already stunning at it`s own, but MM has (or had?) the potential to be even greater.

But what about projects overseas like Cars Land at DCA? It`s massive and if the LA Times spoiler article is correct, it`s going to have some truly great stuff.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    But what about projects overseas like Cars Land at DCA? It`s massive and if the LA Times spoiler article is correct, it`s going to have some truly great stuff.
    As I said, it doesn't matter. Disneyland Resort nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, neither are in the same market as Universal Orlando. If Disney wants to "compete" with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they need to put in a real new, really great attraction into WALT DISNEY WORLD. That's the only place that matters in this "competition."
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])