Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

Should Cinderella Castle have been HKDL's castle?

Am I the only to think that Cinderella Castle or something the size of Cinderella Castle should have been the castle of the park rather than Sleeping Beauty Castle? I feel like SBC is way to small and dwarfed by the mountains...where if something on a larger scale would have not been nearly as dwarfed and small looking at the end of main street.
    HKDL:

DL:

Cinderella:

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Should Cinderella Castle have been HKDL's castle?

If they did, I would hope it had the TDL paint scheme. The WDW paint scheme looks horrible!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

I would have prefered if HKDL had gotten their own original castle design (like DLP's has become) and it should have been called Snow White's Castle.
    Now, I am not bothered by HKDL having the same DL castle.. but on a less ornated fashion. I think a bigger castle would have taken away from the unique vista of the mountain in the background.. but that's only me.

And yes, I agree with Matterhorn above.. the WDW castle paint scheme is bland bland bland as can be.

I agree about the mountains. The mountains being there as a double-edged sword. They're intrusions of the outside world, but they add some charm to the park. However, they do dwarf the already small castle.

As for Cinderella's castle, I think putting it there would only magnify my disappointment that it's not as big as WDW.

I do understand why the chose Sleeping Beauty. I assume the smaller size makes it cheaper (any experts can verify this?). At that point, only the original castle hasn't been cloned before, so why not this one? And it's a copy of the original, which on its own has its charm and merits.

A new one would have been great for us fans, but not necessarily for the public. It had to be recognizable for Asians as the same park as the US versions, which adds to its appeal (just like the "originlin America).

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would have prefered if HKDL had gotten their own original castle design (like DLP's has become) and it should have been called Snow White's Castle.
    Now, I am not bothered by HKDL having the same DL castle.. but on a less ornated fashion. I think a bigger castle would have taken away from the unique vista of the mountain in the background.. but that's only me.

And yes, I agree with Matterhorn above.. the WDW castle paint scheme is bland bland bland as can be.
    I think every Magic Kingdom should've gotten a different castle from different fairytales (and this includes Tokyo DL no matter how nice their castle looks).

Anyway I believe the SB castle was intended for Hong Kong because they wanted the mountains to show in the background. I'm not bothered by it. At least the mountains dont have any cities that show up at night. The look in unique to Hong Kong (like a tropical Disneyland) so I like it.

• Minion

Yeah, a unique castle would be preffered.

Wink Re: Should Cinderella Castle have been HKDL's castle?

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Anyway I believe the SB castle was intended for Hong Kong because they wanted the mountains to show in the background.

I think it was chosen because it was the cheapest option.

• Minion

ORDDU: I don't think the mountains dwarf the castle as some have said. The mountains aren't as tall, themselves, as so many other mountains around the world are. In the same way that the mountains in Germany compliment Neuschwanstien Castle, so do Hong Kong's mountains serve as a nice back drop to compliment Sleeping Beauty's castle.

ORWEN: But we also believe an original castle should have been placed there--like Beauty & the Beast Castle, for instance.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I don't think the mountains dwarf the castle as some have said. The mountains aren't as tall, themselves, as so many other mountains around the world are. In the same way that the mountains in Germany compliment Neuschwanstien Castle, so do Hong Kong's mountains serve as a nice back drop to compliment Sleeping Beauty's castle.

ORWEN: But we also believe an original castle should have been placed there--like Beauty & the Beast Castle, for instance.
    I am officially honored to be on MiceChat...for you have finally posted in my thread

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have never agreed more. A snow white castle would be a much better tribute to anything Disney than making the same castle once again.

If they would make a castle like the gorgeous one in Paris it would have been awesome. It doesn´t have to be huge. A bit bigger and alot more unique.

As a matter of fact... If I could change one single thing about HKDL... it would have been the castle.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I definately agree that the castle should have been original and Snow White has been waiting patiently for her chance at a landmark castle, after all, she is the original Disney Princess.

Cinderella has 2 castles (and was almost going to get a house too) AKA prince charming's
    Aurora has 3 (paris' is the best) AKA King Stephan's
    Ariel technically has a castle at TDS
    Beast Castle is being built at WDW

anyway, not only do the mountains dwarf the castle but main street does as well. The forced perspective was just a little to much. I think the castle should be bigger, It could use 20- 30 more feet that way the mountains still look great and the castle isnt puny. I believe that a few adjustions here and there on the castle will give in just enough difference between in a DL. Considering how young the castle is, the sooner the better befor nostalgia kicks in.

• Koubu Pilot

While I only go to Anaheim, I do think Sleeping Beauty Castle in Hong Kong combined with the mountains behind it is just beautiful. The mountain backdrop is what gives Hong Kong's version of Sleeping Beauty Castle its uniqueness.

The Hong Kong Disneyland that was never built would have had the castle at the very back of Fantasyland. I had come across the concept layout on someone's Blogspot, but I don't remember how I found it. There also would have been a lagoon behind Main St labeled as Fantasmic/water show, Thunder Mountain would have been on an island like how Thunder Mountain is on an island in Paris (looked like Jungle Cruise still occupies the river), Circlevision would have been in Tomorrowland, and Space was symmetrically flanked by Communicore (present day Innoventions at EPCOT).

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    While I only go to Anaheim, I do think Sleeping Beauty Castle in Hong Kong combined with the mountains behind it is just beautiful. The mountain backdrop is what gives Hong Kong's version of Sleeping Beauty Castle its uniqueness.

The Hong Kong Disneyland that was never built would have had the castle at the very back of Fantasyland. I had come across the concept layout on someone's Blogspot, but I don't remember how I found it. There also would have been a lagoon behind Main St labeled as Fantasmic/water show, Thunder Mountain would have been on an island like how Thunder Mountain is on an island in Paris (looked like Jungle Cruise still occupies the river), Circlevision would have been in Tomorrowland, and Space was symmetrically flanked by Communicore (present day Innoventions at EPCOT).
    i think youre slightly missing the point of this particular thread

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    i think youre slightly missing the point of this particular thread

The thread's title is "Should Cinderella Castle have been HKDL's castle?". The only possible posts should be "yes", or "no" since the thread's title is a closed ended question. No one has posted "yes" or "no". Everyone is talking "castles" around here.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

If it did it would have messed up the scale of the main street, seeing as they copied all of Disneyland's MSUSA, I guess taking the castle only fit.

But a new unique one would have always been accepted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast