Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

A Sparkling Christmas 2010 "A Storybook Fantasy"

• Gingerbread Village

• Duffy The Disney Bear

• Small World Christmas

• Main Street USA Christmas Town

• Let it Sbow Christmas Parade

Re: A Sparkling Christmas 2010 "A Storybook Fantasy"

Sounds exciting. It's strange that they're not promoting the Sparkling Castle Lights this year though. I find it unlikely that they'll cancel the show, as it's one of the highlights of HKDL's Christmas season.

Does make me want to visit after 8 months of no Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Thanks for sharing the handout.

Looks like Duffy will be insanely popular in HK since plushes are so popular there. And not to mention how much Hong Kongers love shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by michaeliw View Post

• Gingerbread Village

• Duffy The Disney Bear

• Small World Christmas

• Main Street USA Christmas Town

• Let it Sbow Christmas Parade
    Where did you get this flyer? Circle-K stores?

Duffy looks like the thing to look forward too this year. Hope he won't eat up too much of my dough.

Speaking of dough, gingerbread. Hmmmm.

I'm not keen on the Let it Snow parade. I just feels like redressed Disney on Parade or whatever it is you call that. Will it still be snowing this year?

• Minion

ORWEN: Won't they be doing anything to promote Rapunzel during their Christmas celebrations this year? Or doesn't her movie get released in Hong Kong at the same time as it does in America? If not then maybe they'll do something later on for her. Come to think of it, I don't recall them doing anything to promote Princess & the Frog last year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Where did you get this flyer? Circle-K stores?
    No, those inserts usually are placed in the regular HKDL flyers available at most tourist offices.. and tourist flyer stands at the airport, tourist offcies, and certain MTR ticket sale offices.. like the one in Central, where you can buy tickets to HKDL and Ocean park.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Won't they be doing anything to promote Rapunzel during their Christmas celebrations this year? Or doesn't her movie get released in Hong Kong at the same time as it does in America? If not then maybe they'll do something later on for her. Come to think of it, I don't recall them doing anything to promote Princess & the Frog last year.
    Rapunzel will be released during Chinese New Year in Hong Kong, as they need time to produce a Cantonese dub version. Even though, I don't think they will do anything for her. HKDL hasn't promoted movie in park for years.

Strangely, I remember that a corner of some Princess and the Frog Print ad were used to promote HKDL's 'star guest' event. Correct me if I was wrong.

• Minion

ORWEN: Thank you for your reply, ShadowIDL, duckling. It's strange that a Disney theme park wouldn't promote the latest Disney Company movie. But, then, Hong Kong does do things differently. Maybe they'll at least have Rapunzel roaming around the park eventually.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

...maybe they're holding off to see how popular (and how much money) Rapunzel is going to be/make for the company first.

In other countries, new Disney films can be promoted much differently. I have friends and family in Sweden, and they love Disney...yet this summer had never heard of Princess and the Frog, which absolutely puzzled me.

• Minion

ORWEN: That IS surprising, Pineappleaddict, duckling--about Princess & the Frog not being known in Sweden, yet. Maybe there's more of a delay in seeing Disney films over there than we knew!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Yeah, Britain will not be seeing TRON: Legacy until January 21st 2011!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

If HK is anything like here in the Philippines, we usually get live-action movies on time (or in some cases even earlier - as a piracy prevention measure). We still have a big movie going culture, and its not uncommon to have a big movie like say Spider-Man, have SRO screenings first thing in the morning.

For some reason, animated movies are exempt from that rule. We usually have to wait for at least a month before they're released. Go figure.

Right now there's still no release date for Tangled in HK, but there's a Dec. 23 one for TRON Legacy.

They did the Pirates overlay for Adventureland three years ago, so if there's one it seems more likely for a film like TRON rather than Tangled as of the moment.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    ...maybe they're holding off to see how popular (and how much money) Rapunzel is going to be/make for the company first.

In other countries, new Disney films can be promoted much differently. I have friends and family in Sweden, and they love Disney...yet this summer had never heard of Princess and the Frog, which absolutely puzzled me.
    I can just add that there was almost no marketing done in Sweden for the Princess and the frog movie. The movies always come out late with little or almost no marketing at all. Toy Story 3 had empty theatres the first week. There was no real competition. But there was almost no tv spots for the movie at all to be seen. They had a tv spot for a new car with had some Toy Story characters in it but that is all. It is a very typical thing here. Marketing is not like in other places where you see it everywhere. Nobody I have spoken to about the movie has ever herd about The princess and the frog. People also never herd about UP and not that many know what WALLE-E is.
    The same thing goes for TSPL in Paris. On the danish tv stations one could see spots for Disneylands new events. Not in Sweden. People here do not even know that there is a WDS park.
    When it comes to marketing Disney have failed in Sweden. We are only 9 million persons living here. But the most of have en ough money to go to a movie theater and watch a movie now and then.
    Dreamworks have a tight grip on children here. If Dreamworks can Disney can. But they donīt.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 10-28-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

Sad Re: A Sparkling Christmas 2010 "A Storybook Fantasy"

I say that if all that you guys are saying is true, try knowing all about Disney parks and your parents say, "not enough money" all of your life...not to be rude, but you guys need to live a little! Although, it IS a little sad that Swedish peeps didn't have the slightest clue that my fav movie, Toy Story 3, was in theaters, and now, they probably have no fraction of a clue that said fav movie will be on DVD soon!!!!
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast