Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duffy in HKDL

Duffy in HKDL

Its the first time Duffy come HKDL on19th nov 2010, of course inclued the lovely duffy products!

How high quality is it! Its same as TDS version quality! Can anyone tell me hows the duffy products quality in USA? Is it same as TDS one?

The following beautiful pics are taken by HKDL fan Ah MAN‘s blog, thanks for your pics!

THE FOLLWOING BEAUTIFUL PICS ARE TAKEN BY HKDL FAN RICKY, THANKS SO MUCH !

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Keith/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Last edited by keithlee83; 11-17-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: update more pics!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Duffy in HKDL

Thanks for posting!!

Ok it is kinda freaky how they are even using the same packaging as TDS!
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 11-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Thanks for posting!!

So much for not releasing him until the 19th! I am a little disappointed - seems like they are copying aspects of TDS exactly and the little guys just say "Disney Parks" which tells me it is the same batch of stuff from the US Parks. At least it looks like I will not be buying a lot of stuff Friday, since it's identical to what we already have (which will make the hubby happy lol).
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

• Surfin the net with Duffy

pooh,

We are not even getting these nice costumes! But HKDL merchandise is produced by the domestic themeparks division, which really confuses me now.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

These products just like the one in TDS. However, it is good for HKDL since their product packaging and the quality is not really good.... in some times.

• Banned User

Hey! How come they get better costumes than us! Besides that, they are exactly the same merch as US Park's. Same Keychains, magnets, wristlet, but the story book doesn't come in a plastic holder.

But that Xmas costume just looks weird. Fur coat?? weird.

And also some of that packaging is exactly like TDS, it even has Shellie May. Does that mean she's coming to HK? State side?(PLEASE!!!!!!)

• Not here to help

I just have to say... Duffy is the most overrated thing to ever hit the parks. He is not even cute.
    Pooh is the real Disney bear.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Hey! How come they get better costumes than us! Besides that, they are exactly the same merch as US Park's. Same Keychains, magnets, wristlet, but the story book doesn't come in a plastic holder.

But that Xmas costume just looks weird. Fur coat?? weird.

And also some of that packaging is exactly like TDS, it even has Shellie May. Does that mean she's coming to HK? State side?(PLEASE!!!!!!)
    The merchandise is all the same that came from TDS - the keychains, etc. The only difference is the US parks don't have the cell phone charms - I see HK got those. I was really hoping for completely different merchandise. This is not going to bring any more of the TDR fans than usual. I know the HK CMs were looking forward to something different too.

Something I missed the first time, which your comment made me realize....the one outfit not only has Shellie May, but notice it also mentions Cape Cod at the top. Interesting......

I do think Shellie May will come to the US. I talked to a couple of the people in charge for the Duffy release at DCA and they said they are going to monitor how Duffy does, but if all goes well, they will look to bring Shellie May. So don't give up hope! Another interesting note, I was told the projected release date for Duffy in Paris was December, but sounds like it's been pushed back - no idea when.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I just have to say... Duffy is the most overrated thing to ever hit the parks. He is not even cute.
    I'm a die hard Pooh fan (I have everything you can imagine with Pooh on it, including a tattoo), but I have to say I think Duffy is really adorable. While Pooh will always be my #1, Duffy is awesome (not speaking as to who's the "real" Disney bear).

• Banned User

Well... again, overkill at it's best. but besides Duffy's packaging being the same at TDS.. the only problem I have with HKDL's Duffy is seeing "Disney PARKS" on the booklet tag. That infuriates me to the core.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I think Hong Kong Disneyland is doing a far nicer job of introducing Duffy to the park, than what I have seen either Disneyland or Walt Disney World do up to now. His image can be found though out Christmas Event promotion. Plus he's set to be featured in the upcoming Entertainment. Who cares if he's using an old costume from Tokyo DisneySea, its all built in the same sweatshops out in China and Vietnam. Its a really nice and elegant costume that looks much more rich and detailed than what I have seen so far from the US Park offerings. The only thing I'm annoyed at here is why can't WDW and DLR offer the Tokyo costumes too like what Hong Kong is currently doing. I think this is a clear sign why the Hong Kong park succeeding as a superior Disney experience.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Pooh was created by A.A. Milne, NOT DISNEY.

And I think Duffy is adorable. He may be overrated and created solely for the purpose of getting people to spend money, but dagnabbit... I got suckered in by the cuteness. I even thought Duffy was cute when he was originally just Disney Bear back in 2002-2003, before he was shipped to Japan, where he found his fame (and TDS made a fortune).

As for outfits, I didn't like the flimsy, cheap quality of the one outfit they had for him at Downtown Disney at WDW a couple weeks ago, so I got mine 2 outfits at Build-A-Bear at the mall instead... less money and better quality. Need to find him a Christmas sweater though.

And... I want one of those Duffy keychains and magnets. WANT!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Malin, I agree with you. I think Duffy's debut at HKDL was a classier way to do it. Ok, the merchandise is nothing new, but it is for HKDL at least. Plus, they introduced Duffy in a show, and tied him in to the whole Christmas theme. I think Disney should have waited to do the same at DL and WDW. Oh, and I also agree that now with the generic "Disney Parks" markings on the TDS costumes, it does seem weird that they wouldn't just sell them at the other parks...I mean, they are really milking the "one Disney" thing anyway, so why not? Plus, those two costumes are much better than the current US ones...although maybe that's why they're not...because of the difference.

By the way, what are the prices on the HKDL versions of the costumes? Are they comparable to the TDS higher prices, or are they cheaper?

• i heart plunging v-necks

I'm actually glad the US parks do not offer the Tokyo outfits. I am opposed to the One Disney concept that the company is trying to push

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

no fair!!! my duffy wants a christmas outfit so bad! Disney US parks are seriously doing it wrong! we are stuck with the cheap outfits that dont even have real pockets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast