View Poll Results: What rides should be cloned into HKDL that they dont have yet?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Pan's Flight

22 59.46%
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures

11 29.73%
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey

7 18.92%
  • Alice in Wonderland dark ride

9 24.32%
  • (upcoming) The Little Mermaid dark ride

12 32.43%
  • Pirates of the Carribean

20 54.05%
  • Haunted Mansion

9 24.32%
  • Splash Mountain

13 35.14%
  • other - please specify

2 5.41%
  • None. The park doesnt need anymore clones.

5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Clone rides for HKDL

I'm sure that this is no new topic of discussion. I'm aware that the HKDL expansion contains no classic rides found in a Magic Kingdom park. The only attractions being brought in that are clones are from Toy Story Play Land.

But me personally, I feel that a few more classic Magic Kingdom rides should be brought in to even things out.

Thus the poll.

I think Pirates of the Caribbean would be great for this park. They have a seasonal event where Adventureland is transformed into Pirateland. To not have PotC confuses even me.

HKDL desperately needs more dark rides. Opening the park with Pooh as their sole dark ride in Fantasyland is a joke. At the very least have Peter Pan. You cannot have a Disneyland without Peter Pan in my opinion. Perhaps this market would do well with their own version of the upcoming Little Mermaid dark ride (that will likely be cloned in parks outside of the US).

Share your thoughts here.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Re: Clone rides for HKDL

HKDL needs more technology ride such as Peter Pan's Flight, Pirates of Carribean, Haunted Mansion... Most of "must see" attractions usually indoor. In fact, Dumbo Flying Elephant, Cinderella Carousel, Mad Had Tea Cup, Obitron are very commonly and normally for guests. They may see that style of attraction in other normal theme park. Just sit and goes in a circle. But luckily, HKDL had Mickey Philharmagic, Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh ride, It's a small world, Jungle river cruise, Buzz Light Years Blaster, and a unique "The Golden Mickey". These attractions are holding HKDL from "death" and waiting 3 new theme lands open.

Pirates of the Carribean and Splash Mountain combined: Pirate Coast.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I seem to recall reading that a Little Mermaid attraction was orginally planned for HKDL's Fantasyland. It must have been one of many attractions that got dropped from the plan. But there is still room for it on the other side of the train tracks next to Toy Story Playland.

I agree Toonaspie. I think everyone agrees there should be some unique rides in each Magic Kingdom style park around the world but I think they also expect the "staple" rides to compare and contrast with the other clones in the other parks and Hong Kong Disneyland is severely lacking in that department. It angers me that this park opened with such a low amount of attractions and after 5 years (with additions), it still lacks in what I consider to be a full fledged full day Magic Kingdom park. And the suits wonder why it is under performing? I guess they expected to reach their projections on name alone.

I think the park, at a minimum, needs Pirates and Peter Pan added to the park. With the already announced additions, the park would be in good shape. I will let Haunted Mansion slide just because of Mystic Manor.

The long-rumoured combination of PotC & Splash and Peter Pan's Flight should have been added to the park. I think Grizzly Trail is great and Mystic Manor is basically HKDL's version of mansion, so apart from pirates, adding more classic dark rides like SWSA and Alice can easily enhance park expierience.

• Not here to help

What I never will understand is why the darkrides of Fantasyland is something that HKDL should have. Talk about a dull place that does not offer visitors one single thrilling ride. Thats why the place has failed. Adding a copy of an old ride like Peter Pan would not help the park at all. You canīt have a new themepark and fill it up with rides that designed like 40-50 years ago.
    Disney and HKgovt know that thrills and effects are wanted by visitors. Nobody is "wowed" by Peter Pan today. Grizzly Gulch will offer a ride for older audiences than the excisting rides in HKDL. It would be to narrow its market to install a old style darkride in HKDL.
    But a new Splash Mountain or Pirates ride as it is Paris would offer both AAs with a typical Disney touch and the much needed thrill factor to this very calm park.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORDDU: Actually, one of the most popular attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland is a dark ride--Winnie the Pooh. At least that's what we've been reading over and over again by those in the 'know'. So a witch would assume--from that--more dark rides in Fantasyland are needed.

ORWEN: Has anybody else noticed that Timmy cloned his own name???

ORGOCH: Least two times that we knows 'bout...

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    What I never will understand is why the darkrides of Fantasyland is something that HKDL should have. Talk about a dull place that does not offer visitors one single thrilling ride. Thats why the place has failed. Adding a copy of an old ride like Peter Pan would not help the park at all. You canīt have a new themepark and fill it up with rides that designed like 40-50 years ago.
    Disney and HKgovt know that thrills and effects are wanted by visitors. Nobody is "wowed" by Peter Pan today. Grizzly Gulch will offer a ride for older audiences than the excisting rides in HKDL. It would be to narrow its market to install a old style darkride in HKDL.
    But a new Splash Mountain or Pirates ride as it is Paris would offer both AAs with a typical Disney touch and the much needed thrill factor to this very calm park.
    The park needs new rides and attractions. It needs a mix of the new thrills offered by Grizzly Gulch but also a dose of the classics. Pirates and Peter Pan still have the power to wow people as judging by their popularity and lines all these years later and I think the guests at Hong Kong Disneyland would embrace them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Peter Pan will certainly "wow" guests a HKDL. If that crumby excuse for a ride, Winnie the Pooh, can get away with being the most popular ride in the park then maybe Peter Pan can do well. The only ride that exists at other parks that can get huge amounts of people is POTC, since the franchise is insanely popular in HK.

• Not here to help

I know HKDL needs more rides. I am all for it. I even think that a terrible addition like Toy Story Land is welcomned, just to make the list of rides longer for the park. But if a park has 5-6 really calm rides and not much more. There is no sense of logic to build a Peter Pan or a new expensive Mermaid voyage. The park does not offer a broad line of entertainment as it is today. With three 3 Disneylands in the same region it would be insane to build clones of a thing like Peter Pan in HKDL. Tokyos is enough. They just cant add a ride that half asia has been riding the last decade in Japan. Ok I know many in China will never go to Tokyo... but still.
    In Tokyo they needed a new darkride based on Pooh. Insted of building the same old ancient ride that perhaps "woowed" a few they built a ride based on newer technology and with a MUCH better look. The great thing is that the made something that in way thilled guests but still offerd that typical Disney darkride feeling.

Pooh in HKDL has long load times and it is one of 2 darkrides in the entire park! No wonder it is popular.

Sure HKDL Fantasyland needs 2-3 more darkrides just to keep up. But why on earth should it made with technology from the 1960s? I think it is time Disney looked at what universal built at IOA themed to Harry Potter or even the old Spiderman ride. Times has moved on... but not in Disneyland.
    This is where I hope Shanghai will outshine Hong Kong.

One day perhaps Disneyland in Hong Kong will be good enough for people living in Hong Kong to actually recomend the park. EVERYONE I speak to in Hong Kong say:

HKDL has NO thrillrides
    HKDL only has rides for children
    Tokyo has a better Disneyland
    go to Ocean Park, it has thrillrides

...and Ocean Park sucks! Still they recomend it before HKDL.

Disney knows this and that is why they are building a Grizzly Gulch and not a Peter Pan.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 01-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Peter Pan will certainly "wow" guests a HKDL. If that crumby excuse for a ride, Winnie the Pooh, can get away with being the most popular ride in the park then maybe Peter Pan can do well. The only ride that exists at other parks that can get huge amounts of people is POTC, since the franchise is insanely popular in HK.
    I think it's a shame that the land north of Jungle Cruise it's being wasted on a Toy Story Land. I think that would've been a great place for a POTC thrill ride. The thrill can be a water drop from a giant structure that resembles Skull Rock from Peter Pan. And it add to the atmosphere looking over Jungle Cruise.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I think it's a shame that the land north of Jungle Cruise it's being wasted on a Toy Story Land. I think that would've been a great place for a POTC thrill ride. The thrill can be a water drop from a giant structure that resembles Skull Rock from Peter Pan. And it add to the atmosphere looking over Jungle Cruise.
    I agree with you , Pirates would be beautiful i recall seeing some concept art from a annual report a few years ago with a beautiful pirates concept a whole new area. I would much prefer that than Tsl , hong kong needs to step up its game so they arent going to be overshadowed bigtime by shanghai

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage I think could work well in HKDL, along with the Fantasyland Dark rides, POTC and Splash Mountain. In fact, they could introduce a flip on some of the classic fantasyland dark rides, with an Aladdin magic carpet dark ride(not the spinners!), a Beauty and the Beast dark ride like snow white, etc.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Minion FOREVER!

Peter Pan based on robotic arms (like FANUC since Kuka signed a exclusive Theme Park contract w/ Universal).

Yup, moving, suspended, "dial"able depending on riders.

A FL and DL classic, but totally new... no more "on a pirate ship", more like flying like Peter Pan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast