• Minion

Another round of expansion

According to latest news
    sina news/ singtao news

They plan to kick off another round of expansion, in addition to 3 new lands

Re: Another round of expansion

金民豪認為擴建計畫對未來盈利至關重要。他透露,今年計畫再與政府商討第一期擴建的第二階段項目,令迪士尼 保持競爭力。

現時三大擴建主題區合共五公頃,第一期還剩七公頃用地可供擴建。據悉,進一步擴建仍屬初步構思階段,是否一 次過用盡七公頃,還是再分階段,以至採用哪個主題區,仍未有定案,要由華特迪士尼選出方案,再交由港府參與 其中的香港迪士尼董事局拍板;但港府不用再注資,全數由迪士尼支付興建,亦毋須等轉虧為盈才啟動第二階段擴 建,務求盡快在上海迪士尼二○一五/一六年落成前,再有新主題區興建,增加新鮮感。不過,迪士尼暫無計畫興建第三間酒店。

Kam Man-Ho thinks the expansion plan is key to future profitability. He says HKDL plans to discuss first phase's second stage expansion with the govt this year, in order to keep HKDL competitive.

The 3 new lands combined occupy 5 hectares. There is still 7 hectares remaining in the first phase. The second stage of the expansion may not take up all 7 hectares and there is no decision on what theme it will use. WDC will have to come up with proposals and then Hong Kong International Theme Park Ltd's board of directors will decide. HK govt will not have to invest again as WDC will put up with the investment, there is also no need to wait for the theme park to turn a profit before expansion starts. The aim is to have it up and running before Shanghai Disneyland opens in 2015/2016 to increase HKDL's attractiveness. However, there is no plan for a third hotel.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Pirates of the Caribbean in Splash Mountain style *fingers crossed* unless if something original like GG and MP is introduced.

• Current CM

I'm hoping for Pirate Coast + PPF, and maybe even the seven dwarfs mine train ride coming to WDW.

• HKDL fan

hoping for Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion...
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

I just hope they dont use every theme! Second Gate would be nice someday!
    Smiley Productions

• Minion FOREVER!

This is not what I want, but what I think is next.

* New Toontown
    * Pirates Land (based on movies w/ the Chinese pirates more fleshed out) w/ a big splash.

Not sure what the last land will be but the main criteria is that it's something that'll resonate with its target audiences (HKers and Mainland Chinese). Maybe that means a Nepal themed land w/ EE and a Indy i.e. a mini AK.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Why more lands? Why not add some actual attractions to the existing lands. I dunno what they are doing, but this is the messiest DL. In my mind it has strayed so far from the disneyland model.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by travismt81 View Post
    why more lands? Why not add some actual attractions to the existing lands. I dunno what they are doing, but this is the messiest dl. In my mind it has strayed so far from the disneyland model.
    this!

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I wanna see them open up Sleeping Beauty's Castle with a walk thru attraction like the one at Disneyland.

ORDDU: I want them to add Star Tours in Tomorrowland. They have the room for that, you know.

ORGOCH: I want 'em ta add a swamp fer frog huntin'!!

ORWEN: Eeeeeeew! Get serious, old biddy! I also think they should add a Peter Pan dark ride like they have at all the other Magic Kingdom type parks.

ORDDU: I would like them to go ahead with The Little Mermaid attraction like they're adding to Disney World's Fantasyland.

ORGOCH: I'd like 'em ta add a place where a witch can brew all kinds a things in her big, black cauldron!

ORWEN: You've got that already at home in Morva, old biddy! Get serious and get with the program! I'd like them to add Toy Story Mania to Toy Story Play Land. That would give that area a REAL attraction to have fun with.

ORDDU: I'd like them to go ahead and add a Down Town Disney like they've been talking about forever without any evidence of construction toward that end.

ORGOCH: I'd like 'em ta add....well, what's the use a sayin'? Nobody likes my ideas but me!!!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I think Hong Kong Disneyland should look at the current plans for WDW Fantasyland and consider maybe expanding its Fantasyland. The Little Mermaid attraction would fit in well with the current structure. Mind you there is already existing land inside the current park that has yet to be used. Maybe this space should be free'd up before we consider expanding out the train tracks. Which leads to the next question should the park relay the train tracks? So the train goes around the park and not through the middle. I'm please to see anyway that Management are looking towards the future here since I have always viewed the current expansion as not enough since your only adding a few carnival rides, a dark ride and a coaster. I remember seeing a map at the D23 Expo showing plenty of space left for expansion.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Why more lands? Why not add some actual attractions to the existing lands. I dunno what they are doing, but this is the messiest DL. In my mind it has strayed so far from the disneyland model.
    I agree! They are adding two new lands that only feature one ride each! A land is not the area that surrounds a ride, atleast it should not be. They should add 3 new attractions. One for Mystic Point, one for Grizzly Gulch and one for Adventureland, the most boring and empty place on earth. After that... then start to think about how to expand the park.

Soon enough will the day come when they start to really regret that they built such a tiny park...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Soon enough will the day come when they start to really regret that they built such a tiny park...
    I think they regret that already. :-)

Just one thing, I hope HKDL and HK govt do sufficient market research on what THE FANS WANT before they go ahead and build anything. I think the fans are very intelligent and can give very good suggestions on what should be built, even when budget is a concern.