• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Tinker Bell Castle Illumination Premiere!

YouTube - Tinker Bell Castle Illumination (21/1/2011 Premiere)

Looks like fun. More importantly, can't wait till someone grabs some pics of the expansion preview gallery which is meant to have new artwork and models of the soon to come goodies.

Re: Tinker Bell Castle Illumination Premiere!

Wow. This is stunning. Too bad I couldn't make my visit to the park today...
    Btw, Rapunzel's got her own meet n greet location outside Storybook Shoppe

HKDL is the first Disney Park launch Sparkling Castle Lights Christmas and now is Tinker Bell Illumination. I just wonder why they dont use the colorful pyrotechnics at the end instead of this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    HKDL is the first Disney Park launch Sparkling Castle Lights Christmas and now is Tinker Bell Illumination. I just wonder why they dont use the colorful pyrotechnics at the end instead of this all the time.
    Could you say a little more? I don't quite follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Could you say a little more? I don't quite follow you.
    I mean, in 2007, HKDL is the first Disney Park had Sparkling Castle Lights. At that time, DLP, WDW and DL did not have. And Now, HKDL is the first Disney Park had Tinkerbell Castle Illumination. And I wonder why HKDL does not use more colorful fireworks effects at the end of the Tinkerbell Castle Illumination. So sorry for my bad English because im Vietnamese.

• Minion FOREVER!

I mean, in 2007, HKDL is the first Disney Park had Sparkling Castle Lights. At that time, DLP, WDW and DL did not have. And Now, HKDL is the first Disney Park had Tinkerbell Castle Illumination. And I wonder why HKDL does not use more colorful fireworks effects at the end of the Tinkerbell Castle Illumination. So sorry for my bad English because im Vietnamese.
    I don't know for sure (only people directly involved w/ HKDL can say probably), but here are some educated guesses:
    * They need a response for HK OP's Symbio show and the basic infrastructure for this is probably the same as for the Castle Lights.
    * As for the small number of fireworks at the end, they did not want to reduce the impact of their regular fireworks show.

Sorry to dissapoint you but Disneyland Paris had the Christmas Castle Lights first, on christmas 2004... the second were WDW or HKDL donīt know anymore...

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thanks for correcting this!! I was on the road when I read that post!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-T View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint you but Disneyland Paris had the Christmas Castle Lights first, on christmas 2004... the second were WDW or HKDL donīt know anymore...
    Oh thanks for correcting me.... I heard on some TVCM that "you will never seen it before" then I just thought HKDL was the first. Hehe....

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    I don't know for sure (only people directly involved w/ HKDL can say probably), but here are some educated guesses:
    * They need a response for HK OP's Symbio show and the basic infrastructure for this is probably the same as for the Castle Lights.
    * As for the small number of fireworks at the end, they did not want to reduce the impact of their regular fireworks show.
    1. This has nothing to do w/ Symbio. HKDL wanted to test if Tink would be popular w/ the park's audience. You see they make Tink appears in every ad after the announcement of Celebration in the Air. (they have a new tink photo opp in fantasyland)
    2. I think special lighting alone is enough for just sprinkling pixie dust.
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 01-22-2011 at 03:46 AM.

After the first night(21/1), the lighting effect of the things on the castle (sorry for that, I don't know how to describe that thing...) did not appear... I was so disappointed about that because I've been sitting in front of the castle and waited for almost an hour at the cold weather (it's very windy last night) for the Illumination...

Yeah the first was DLP in 2004 then all the others in 2007, HKDL, WDW and Disneyland
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

Quote Originally Posted by whaleatcoast View Post
    After the first night(21/1), the lighting effect of the things on the castle (sorry for that, I don't know how to describe that thing...) did not appear... I was so disappointed about that because I've been sitting in front of the castle and waited for almost an hour at the cold weather (it's very windy last night) for the Illumination...
    Yeah, I saw on someone's video of 22 Jan. Only the music and the flash lights. Do you know why? how about the other night?

It's nice to hear bits of Peter Pan, and the effect itself looks impressive, but it looks like it just fizzled out in the end.