Pictures of 2011 Chinese New Year Celebration at Hong Kong Disneyland

I cannot post them all here obviously, but I just uploaded 70 or so photos from various aspects of the Year of the Rabbit festivities on my blog. I still need to work on my actual Duffy entry, but I do have a few photos already posted in these entries of him in his Chinese New Year outfit and the stickers they were handing out. I have a few photos of the seasonal treats, lots of the merchandise, Lucky Trail, and park decorations.

Here's one of my favorite Duffy ones of the day! One of the CMs had him pose specifically for us after they were done with the photo queue at one point, which was nice.

Not sure whether they will disable the links, but here are the three posts I did on the CNY stuff:

Hong Kong Disneyland Chinese New Year Celebration: Lucky Fortune Trail | Pooh's Travels

Year of the Rabbit Merchandise at Hong Kong Disneyland | Pooh's Travels

2011 Chinese New Year Menus and Treats at Hong Kong Disneyland | Pooh's Travels

It took me a day and a half of editing and uploading...now to work on the 5th anniversary ones, parade, media ceremony, and the expansion gallery. Slowly but surely! LOL
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

Re: Pictures of 2011 Chinese New Year Celebration at Hong Kong Disneyland

OMG Duffy in Chinese outfit is sooo cute!! And I absolutely fell in love with your reviews. Can't wait for the 5th anniversary ones

I love this year's Ariel, she sits in a better pose and have a better facial expression than last year. However, the flower decor of Snow White's and Belle's and not as good as last year... The Chinese backdrop of Snow White disappeared and Belle looks so orange on her face this year because of the orange flower.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Thanks for sharing!! Duffy looks great in the Chinese New Year outfit.

thanks for sharing!! Gave me a little glimpse of what to expect (and granted form a mental list of what I want :P)

Thank you for the pictures of the merchandise. Do you have any pictures of the 5th Anniversary merchandise?

• Banned User

This year was fairly tame compared to the elaborate ceremonies last year. But Flights of Fantasy makes up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Thank you for the pictures of the merchandise. Do you have any pictures of the 5th Anniversary merchandise?
    Yes I do. I've been traveling for work since the 5th anniversary opening and am terribly behind in uploading stuff due to illness and lack of internet for the last several weeks. I will let you know when they are uploaded -- hopefully by the end of this week. At $.62 a minute for dial up access, you can bet I was not doing anything until getting back to a stable wi-fi connection! LOL
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

So is it really true then that they weren't selling this costume for the plush at HKDL? Since it's exactly the same as the one at EPCOT, I just can't believe it…

PS: Poohstraveler, did you post this in the Duffy forum? It should totally be in there!^^ Plus, we get lots of info about how Duffy's doing in Tokyo, Anaheim and Orlando. It would be nice if we had some HKDL info over there! Do they love him in Hong Kong?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-25-2011 at 12:41 AM.

I was in HK just over two weeks ago and managed to pick up the chinese costume. Also got him a little shirt/shorts/shoe combo to Two stores on main street had like wall displays with the large duffy, light spinners, plush keyring and the sailor outfit. They also sold him at the airport disney store. He seems to be getting a following as there was always a small line to meet him and I saw people carrying him/buying him (including myself!!) Good thing about the lines as they were short you got extra photos done and more hugs :P Also they were giving out alot of CNY duffy stickers. I got two at the hotel desk and said to the girl "Duffy!! I cant wait to get him!"so she gave me another 5 :P My Duffy got alot of looks as I carried through the airports in Australia, where he is now happily residing. Ill try and post some Duffy pics that I took in the duffy forum over the weekend