• Just this guy......

Big Grizzly Mountain Layout Art

Over at Screamscape they have a fairly good graphic of the layout of the track for Big Grizzly Mountain.

Hong Kong Disneyland

I must say that if this is the layout that it looks like a great attraction.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Big Grizzly Mountain Layout Art

^it does too bad we cant get this at DCA for a while (or ever)

• Nutty about Disney parks

In time I'm hoping that this land is redubbed as the long overdue Frontierland. Maybe add a Splash Mountain to the area and there you go.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Woah, it's gonna go backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Do you think they made a mistake by not putting the new lands along the riverfront, and moving the train tracks to the outside rim of the park? Because it's going to have too much foot traffic trying to get through Toy Story Land and Grizzly Gulch's two portals into the rest of the park.

And they lose the charm of being on the waterfront for each of these lands. It makes the railroad ride a little more entertaining to be in the middle of the park instead of the outside looking in, but from a design standpoint, it doesn't seem very Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Do you think they made a mistake by not putting the new lands along the riverfront, and moving the train tracks to the outside rim of the park? Because it's going to have too much foot traffic trying to get through Toy Story Land and Grizzly Gulch's two portals into the rest of the park.

And they lose the charm of being on the waterfront for each of these lands. It makes the railroad ride a little more entertaining to be in the middle of the park instead of the outside looking in, but from a design standpoint, it doesn't seem very Disney.
    Well - In Hong Kong Disneyland, their "waterfront" is actually their Jungle Cruise. It's not like at Disneyland where the lands surround the Rivers of America and don't take away from the theme. If you were to put the new lands in Hong Kong right up against the Jungle Cruise river - it would take away from the experience you get ON the Jungle Cruise. Think of being on the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland and looking over to see a large Toy Story RC Racers track and tons of tourists. You wouldn't feel much like you were in a jungle anymore.
    Some friendly grammar tips:
    --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
    --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
    --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
    --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
    --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
    --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
    --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

True but the other two lands could blend in pretty well and the circulation patterns of guest would work better. Just push the Toy Story Land off a little behind some bamboo so it's not visible from your position in a boat on the water.

Actually I've heard that there will be a train station at Mystic Point. However, I don't know is it true or not because I can't find anything looks like a station in the model and the new map.

And I think they don't move the train because they need to have spaces for backstage. All the seasonal decoration are moved to the backstage right behind the railroad.

Quote Originally Posted by whaleatcoast View Post
    Actually I've heard that there will be a train station at Mystic Point. However, I don't know is it true or not because I can't find anything looks like a station in the model and the new map.
    I really hope that there will be a train station at Mystic Point! As after the expansion, the walking distance from the main gate to the three new land would be too long. The new train station can be a good short cut and make the railway itself more functional.

To do so, beside building a new station, seating lay out and narration of the trains have to be remade. I wonder if they are willing to spend that much on an existing attraction.

There should definitely be a new train station.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIDL View Post
    I really hope that there will be a train station at Mystic Point! As after the expansion, the walking distance from the main gate to the three new land would be too long. The new train station can be a good short cut and make the railway itself more functional.

To do so, beside building a new station, seating lay out and narration of the trains have to be remade. I wonder if they are willing to spend that much on an existing attraction.
    I'm not sure if there is a train station, but there's an old fashioned cargo loading platform depicted in some of the renderings for Mystic Point. It *looks* like a potential station, but not sure.

I'll check if I can find it again.

• Minion FOREVER!

Here it is... Right next to the train tracks on the lower left.

nish221: That platform doesn't look like it's large enough for a train stop. Could be just theming. Too soon to tell, I guess.

HKDL trains are structured so that passengers are seated facing the inside of the circle - so a new station should have been on the other (inner) side of the rail... That said, it's a good time for the trains to be reconfigured so passengers can see both sides of the expanded park maybe?