• Nutty about Disney parks

Would you want to see a resort monorail in HKDL's future?

It's unlikely to happen but the layout of the resort is convenient enough for a monorail. It can stop just at the entrance to the park and then have stops at the HKDL Hotel and Disney's Hollywood Hotel and makes its way around. What do ya think?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Would you want to see a resort monorail in HKDL's future?

At the moment a monorail between the Park and Hotels seems a bit unnecessary. Thinking how much a project like this would cost for the very small number who would benefit from using it and in my opinion its money that will be wasted. I would much rather see all expansion money go towards fixing the existing park. So for me I'm not into the idea.

• Cool Yule

Reading the thread title I thought "yes", but given the proximity of the hotels to the park I guess it would be a little redundant. However, that doesn't stop the Disneyland Monorail.

Maybe any potential second gate could incorporate a Disneyland style monorail, with a stop in the second park, the inevitable Disney Village/Downtown Disney and Tomorrowland.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

If it were, i would suggest it would replace the metro line (forgive my lack of knowlegde of the geography) but from the other side of lantau island where there is the station to the front of the disney park, where the current station is, and then through the eventual second park and around to the hotels. However HKDL isn't to the spread out scale as DL or WDW where your unable to walk from the parking spaces to the park, or even the hotels, so it will probably be redundant.

Would it be nice? Yeah. Is it practical? No. Feasible? Maybe not. Especially since the 2nd gate is speculate to open just across the current park.

The MTR serves its purpose well enough, and more practical since it's a real form of public transport.

Maybe an alternate means of travel would be nice? Something like the PeopleMover would be nice.

You know what, nix that. Just expand the current HKDL Railroad. It's only got two stops.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL is too small to have a monorail system. When i go to the hotels I just take a 10 minute walk from HKDL to HKDL Hotel OR use the awesome free shuttle service. As SirEdge points out, the rumored 2nd gate will be only just across HKDL like DCA is to DL and its not like people in HK don't like to walk or something that they would use a high speed train to skip a 10 minute walk. I could only see it useful if HKDL adds more hotels and a second/third (15-25 years or so from now?) gate that isn't so close to the main park itself.

• Not here to help

Monorail to where?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Monorail to where?
    LOL! Exactly my thought.

• Minion FOREVER!

Yes, if that means there are more attractions (2nd & 3rd gates) and hotels that necessitate it.

On the other hand, DL had the monorail w/ only one gate and one hotel for a l-o-n-g time....

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Yes, if that means there are more attractions (2nd & 3rd gates) and hotels that necessitate it.

On the other hand, DL had the monorail w/ only one gate and one hotel for a l-o-n-g time....
    This made me think as well why that's the case. I think it worked in DL because the monorail was a novel idea at that time and that's where its charm lies. In a city like HK, with a robust public transport system, the monorail would not serve a practical function as a mode of transportation or the novelty of being a new transport system. Many people ride the MTR to get to the park after all. And it's got those Mickey windows and all.

Even better landscaping and adding more walks and stuff to do outside the park, I think, would be more welcome than a monorail.