Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hong Kong Disneyland fantasyland Expansion

If their was an expansion in hong Kong Disneyland fanstyland what would you want? They only have two dark ride and a 3d show so i would like peter pan flight and maybe little mermaid ride and the new seven dwarf coaster it would make their fanstyland so much better than what it is now.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland fantasyland Expansion

I had an idea for a mini-land w/in Fantasyland that was centered around a Neverland-looking lagoon. The three rides that would be in this area would be The Little Mermaid ride, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Carribean.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

As much as i love fantasyland gardens, i would like if they removed it and opened up that space and beyong the railway to a few more darkrides and some detailed meet and greets like they were planning for the magic kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by AlastairW View Post
    As much as i love fantasyland gardens, i would like if they removed it and opened up that space and beyong the railway to a few more darkrides and some detailed meet and greets like they were planning for the magic kingdom
    I thoroughly agree with this! There is a big need for more dark rides or at least more high capacity interactive spaces (while not on topic, an Innoventions type venue in Tomorrowland would be imho wonderful).

Peter Pan and Ariel would be wonderful additions. Although I suspect, if ever it materializes, Tink would play a bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by AlastairW View Post
    I think this is a good idea to have more land to build more attractions. The Fantasy Garden is a bit ridiculous that the characters stand there and M&G form park opens until the park closes. They looks like in jail. They can free the characters to other positions to have M&G with guests in random time, the characters can have a more detailed backgrounds for M&G in different places and they are more like a real character who lives in HKDL.

Back to the topic, I would be very happy if HKDL has the Little Mermaid ride, I love Ariel so much!

• Minion

ORDDU: The original plans for HKDL included a Little Mermaid dark ride, actually. So maybe some day it will be added.

ORWEN: I wish they'd have a Sleeping Beauty walk thru, too, like they do in Anaheim.

ORGOCH: Got pixie dust?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

The only problem is that HK locals DO NOT WANT calm, fairy-ish dark rides...that's why they go to Ocean Park to go on the "thrilling rides". I would love for HKDL to get more dark rides but is that what it needs? Toy Story Land is financially less risky. IASW got a bashing in the local newspaper pre-opening for being "boring", "slow" and "unexciting" despite being a good addition in my opinion. The ride only has an average 10-20 min wait on weekends.

Pooh is an exception because the character is beloved in the country but I don't think any other characters apart from Stitch or Pixar could get so much attention.

• Not here to help

Fantasyland needs action!
    I agree with HKDLFAN. Having been a few times in HK I can asure you that when speaking of themeparks there the Disneyland they have doesnt almost count as a themepark in the sense of going to a place where they have rides. EVERYBODY in HK recomends Ocean Park over Disneyland. As I have said before, Ocean Park STINKS! But atleast it has those thrilling rides that any themepark NEEDs. Imagine going to a themepark where the rides are slow and oldfashioned. Space Mountain is the ONLY thrilling ride. I dont care how much thrills are not what makes a Disneyland, but today expect to atleast have the option of going on 2-3 thrilling rides.
    What HKDL needs like nothing else is a thrilling ride for Adventureland. The most exciting thing there is the Jungle Cruise. Insted of adding three new lands they should have added one new big land and expanded the big but empty Adventureland. The entire design of the park is all messed up as it is now.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    The only problem is that HK locals DO NOT WANT calm, fairy-ish dark rides...that's why they go to Ocean Park to go on the "thrilling rides". I would love for HKDL to get more dark rides but is that what it needs? Toy Story Land is financially less risky. IASW got a bashing in the local newspaper pre-opening for being "boring", "slow" and "unexciting" despite being a good addition in my opinion. The ride only has an average 10-20 min wait on weekends.

Pooh is an exception because the character is beloved in the country but I don't think any other characters apart from Stitch or Pixar could get so much attention.
    Yeesh! Do they appreciate anything in Hong Kong? What was the point of building a park there if none of the classics are even popular with the targeted market?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I had an idea for a mini-land w/in Fantasyland that was centered around a Neverland-looking lagoon. The three rides that would be in this area would be The Little Mermaid ride, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Carribean.
    Love your idea, due to the fact I had an idea that was similar to yours . I think that one of the Disney parks, preferably one that doesn't already have a Tom Sawyer Island *ahem Shanghai*, should have a Neverland Island instead: including a Lost Boys treehouse ride, a pirates ride themed either to Hook or POTC of course, and a Mermaid Lagoon (not the one in TDS) with a restaurant and TLM ride. A real Neverland with a pirate and mermaid ride was once concepted to be built in MJ's Neverland:The Michael. michael jackson - Michael Jackson

Oh and Fantasia Gardens has the potential to be so much better if they added some showcases and magical elements in the garden. However, due to the park's small size, they can't afford wasting so much space on a garden.

• Not here to help

Yeesh! Do they appreciate anything in Hong Kong? What was the point of building a park there if none of the classics are even popular with the targeted market?
    Is Disney only about the classics? You canīt just build a park from the 50īs that "wowed" people half a decade ago in a totally different part of the world and expect that it will do the same in Hong Kong today.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

That is the problem. Disney went into China thinking the Chinese were like the Japanese but would accept a bad deal (HKDL). However, the hype that surrounded before HKDL opened was insane. I remember all of my school friends were like "omg i can't believe a Disneyland is opening here!". Keep in mind that many of HK's middle-class/upper-class have been to Tokyo and the Disneyland there so everyone was expecting something similar. It's not HK peoples fault, its Disney and the bloody government!

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    That is the problem. Disney went into China thinking the Chinese were like the Japanese but would accept a bad deal (HKDL). However, the hype that surrounded before HKDL opened was insane. I remember all of my school friends were like "omg i can't believe a Disneyland is opening here!". Keep in mind that many of HK's middle-class/upper-class have been to Tokyo and the Disneyland there so everyone was expecting something similar. It's not HK peoples fault, its Disney and the bloody government!
    Totally agree with you, the stupid government banned Pirate Bay because of it was too expensive and the Glacier Bay because Ocean Park is having a polar themed area (and they are afraid riding on the thrilling rides). Toy Story Land is a substitute of Glacier Bay.
    If they had not banned the Pirate Bay, I think we are riding on the ride and enjoying the night show on the lake today.

• Minion

ORDDU: There seem to be a lot of contradictions regarding what the Chinese guests want. I recall reading several articles before HKDL opened, where it was claimed that they did NOT like thrill rides there so much and that was, supposedly, why they only had Space Mountain for a thrill ride for opening.

ORWEN: And I thought the fact that Winnie the Pooh's attraction was so popular was because they actually DO like dark rides over there.

ORGOCH: I think it all boils down ta who yer talkin' ta at the time. One person thinks one thing an' another person thinks somethin' dif'rent. One thing they all agree with, though, is that Ping Pong Dizzyland needs more rides PERIOD! At this point they'd be happy ta git just 'bout anything ta flesh out that skinny place!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

The SCMP newspaper in HK (the main one) has a penchant for bad mouthing HKDL. If anything, the lack of thrill rides is usually #2, after the ridiculously small size of the park of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast